• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Church of Smash presents: Weekly Mass (UOIT/Durham College)

chocolate thunda

Smash Cadet
hmm... well CoS used to host every thursday last year in the student center at durham college. there used to be 3 tv's so it was an easy setup (sharing with other students at the college). this year i hear there is only one tv. so in order to set up for smash, someone would have to arrive early and pretty much stay on the tv for the whole day in order to keep smash running.

this year, everyone's schedule in CoS for school is different from eachothers... so finding a good hosting day of the week is hard. most of us have decided on Wednesday, not sure how well that will work tho.

I myself am not a big fan of brawl, so i used to bring my cube and setup melee on one tv, while another tv was used for brawl... this year, only being one tv, im not sure if i'll be coming early to setup. no johns

chocolate thunda

Smash Cadet
well the first offical CoS mass is today (wednesday)... i believe GK will be bringing a setup at 9am. i will bring melee incase they have more tv's/people decide to play melee. should be there all day

chocolate thunda

Smash Cadet
ya melee > brawl in my opinion. GK brought brawl and they played from 9am till around 11am. and then from then on it was melee till 9pm. every wednesday there will be brawl and melee. brawl will most likely be in the first half of the day (morning/afternoon) and then it'll be melee later on so anyone is welcome to stop by whenever.

chocolate thunda

Smash Cadet
lol uhh, rarely anyone. but im makin sure it stays alive at UOIT.

last wednesday we had a decent turnout, most of CoS was there. prez, phrozn, and anyone else in the area should come down at some point this wednesday. i'll arrive at 9am with melee setup and i wont be leaving till roughly 8pm.

ps. dont be shy. most people come and just watch us play. if you'd like to play let us know, we're all friendly people. with the exeption of smash rob, he likes being an *** to randoms

Prez

Smash Apprentice
For me it's just the fact that I have Wednesdays off, and I live in Pickering..
Though if I don't have too much work I'm gonna try to make it this week.
Where do you live? On campus?

chocolate thunda

Smash Cadet
i live in ajax, i dont even attend uoit anymore. i just show up since im part of cos and most of cos dont like carryin a setup with them to their classes. so if i dont show, wednesday mass would really be like 10am till 4pm, if not shorter. also prez, u should come over sometime for some friendlies. i live in walking distance from the ajax go station in westney which almost all bus's go to. and i bus to uoit on wednesdays so u could take the same bus as me if u didnt wanna travel alone on wednesdays.

MDK00

Smash Ace
i heard MDK is better than infamousGK...
rumors are flying around that MDK takes kjdjy's money for free...
MDK > Church of Smash
=) <3

chocolate thunda

Smash Cadet
upstairs. once u go up the stairs, continue going straight. there is a tv around the corner and thats where we will be. if u r too shy to just jump in since you dont know anyone there, look for me. i'll most likely be sittin in the center of everyone wearing a green "church of smash" tshirt with a black CoS hat that says chocolate thunda on it. my names stephan. so just come and talk to me if u want and i'll get u into the rotate. and if u come early, like 9:30am... u'll get some melee time in before all the brawl ppl show up at like 10am

chocolate thunda

Smash Cadet
its not a tourny type thing lol. its just a smashfest kinda thing. every wednesday at durham college. its on simcoe and conlin. also there is not joining or anything, you just show up and play. CoS hosts it but anyone can come.

Top Bottom