• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cincinnati, Ohio THEM vs. US: BETA (Brawl) April 25th

jbeeneq

Smash Rookie
Them vs. Us: Beta. April 25th, 2009

Illuminaudi Games (same place)
7865 Cincinnati Dayton Rd
West Chester, OH 45069

Venue: $10 (USD)

Cost/Game: $10 (USD)

=============================================

TOURNAMENTS

-All tournaments are double elimination.

-All tournaments are best 2/3 games.

-This is a B.Y.O.C. (Bring Your Own Controller) event. If you don't bring it and don't know someone who will allow you use of their's, you are out of luck.
Converters will not be provided either, so be sure to bring that/those as well.

-At the start of the round there is a 10 second window with which to pause the game and/or fix controller/stick errors. After that, it's a game loss for the offender. If there's an issue, contact the person running that game.

-Button mapping is NOT allowed. Id est: you may not have a lp+mp+hp button. If you can't do it in the arcade, you can't do it here. This is non negotiable. Changing WHERE the button is on your controller or arcade stick is allowed.

GAMES

Street Fighter IV (4:00) PS3
Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike (5:00) PS2
Street Fighter II: HD Remix (2:00) PS3
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (2:00) Dreamcast
Super Smash Brothers Brawl (2:00) Wii
Tekken 5: DR (5:00) PS3
Soul Calibur 4 (4:00) PS3
Guilty Gear Accent Core (4:00) PS2
Capcom vs. SNK 2 (5:00) PS2
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom (5:00) Wii

Payout: 70/20/10

Registration for all games starts as early as you get here. Pre registration starts as soon as I post this.

RULES

SF4: Have fun.

3S: No Gill.

HDR: Trow a lot.

SSBB: All items OFF (including Smash Balls)

Doubles Team Attack is ON, LIFE stealing is allowed.

Stage List:
Starter
Battlefield, Final Destination, Smashville, Yoshi's Island

Counter
Brinstar, Castle Siege, Delfino, Frigate Orpheon, Lylat Cruise, Halberd, Pokémon Stadium 1

Banned STAGES
75m, Big Blue, Bridge of Eldin, Corneria, Distant Planet, Flat Zone 2, Green Hill Zone, Hanenbow, Hyrule Temple, Jungle Japes, Luigi's Mansion, Mario Bros., Mushroomy Kingdom I, Mushroomy Kingdom II, New Pork City, Norfair, Pictochat, Pirate Ship, Rainbow Cruise, Rumble Falls, Shadow Moses, Spear Pillar, The Summit, Wario Ware, Green Greens, Mario Circuit, Onett, Pokémon Stadium 2, Port Town Aero Dive, Skyworld, Yoshi's Island (Pipes)

- At the beginning of a set, each player may strike 2 stages from the available 11. Of these, only 1 can be from the 4 Neutrals listed above. You may however choose to strike 2 counterpick stages.

- 1st match, characters are chosen with double blind picks. After that, advanced slob picks- Loser of 1st match pick stages, the winner of the 1st match picks character, then loser of 1st match picks character. Continue this as necessary until the set reaches completion. Standard sets are best of 3, finals or semi-fianls are left to the discretion of the tournament host, although best of 5 is recommended for time constraints.

- All forms of stalling are banned. Stalling- The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. This includes MK infinite cape, excessive edge stalling, or any form of stalling under the stage (DK spin, sonic charge B, snake infinite down B teching, etc).

- Any suicide KOs on the final stock resulting in sudden death will result in a loss for the user of this tactic. If it would be a suicide KO and the match screen shows a decisive winner, go with that instead. A Bowsercide final KO results in a win for the Bowser player.

- If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage. In the event of a sudden death, both players are to suicide IMMEDIATELY. No fighting with bombs @ 300. At the results screen, regardless of what the screen says, the player with the higher DAMAGE TAKEN is the loser. No exceptions. In the result of a tie, the match will be discarded and played over, same characters and stage. For teams, if this should ever happen, add the damage taken instead for both teams.

- Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

-Wiimotes are allowed with Classic Controllers. Don't know why they wouldnt be, just clarifying.

SC4:
NO Bonus Chars Allowed
No Custom Chars
Random Stage Select only.
Default Damage.
Default Time.
Camera altering glitches banned
Algol is Banned.

T5 RD: Have fun.

GGAC: No ex, gold or black.

TvC: Have fun.

CvS2: Same team and order after win. No Ex grooves. No Shin Akuma, God Rugal, Riot Iori or Evil Ryu.

MvC2: Same team/assists and order after win. Only Juggernaut glich is allowed. No dead body.

All rules and games are subject to change. There shouldn't be any major changes. Once again, if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

jbeeneq

Smash Rookie
Smash players. I just read about Brawl+. being that I have no idea about this game or it's going ons, please feel free to inform me. Anyone who was here last time, feel free to give me input. Chance is, one of you will end up running it.

My AIM is jbeeneq and my email is joshqueen@gmail.com . Contact me via one of those avenues since I rarely check this site. I'd love to see you all there!

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Brawl plus is only good for side tournaments if that. I wouldn't mess with it. Should be able to be here for this. Melee would be a cool tourney to add if you ask me.

jbeeneq

Smash Rookie
A lot of people have been saying that, but we won't be able to do both. I'd need a concensus from you guys.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I might be able to get a few (4)ish people from Columbus Ohio to go to this if there isn't a circuit event on this date (there isn't I don't believe).

Cinci alone will probably have another 20-30 people show up for Brawl, I do not know about the other games listed. The last Cinci tournament I went to was a house tournament, there were only 35 people there and I was one of the few people from out of town. How many people can this place hold cause you could get like 50-70 people for Brawl if you wanted.

clowsui

Smash Legend
AZ this place could easily hold 70, I've been there. Also like 20 of those ppl were form out of city lmfao.

My complaints are with the venue fee + entry fee creating a WHOPPING 20$, 30$ if you want to do both events >=(

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Really? I thought like everyone at new years bash was cinci...off the top of my head...you, infern, ybm, kel, sliq, docter x, overswarm is basically cinci even if he pretends to be from kentucky...

Meh, the only people I knew weren't from cinci were Me/Quivo/the Springfield players.

Speaking of which, Springfield would probably go to this, so that's 6 people right there.

Hmm, that venue stuff does look a bit steep, but it beats spending that same amount for 3 hours at a bar.

I'm also kinda use to $10 entries only because C3 in Virginia does $10 entry fees. Yea, they know it is steep to. Oh well.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Nah
Me infern ybm smash64 kel sliq doctor x overswarm samurai muldini e_ tyr [caitlin]
so that's 12/38 (around 1/3)

Kix

Smash Journeyman
Hey, can we get a list of people that might enter Melee if it were there instead of Brawl? Melee might happen instead, but I guess it depends on turnout. Also, if we could get some mention of that in the first post that would be cool.

Brawl+ codeset differs too much to be taken seriously at this point. I'll probably bring it just for the heck of it. Basically it makes Brawl actually work by increasing guard stun and hitstun, taking out tripping, tightening the perfect shield window and increasing gravity/adding other things.

Nope

Smash Lord
not a fan of the payouts at the moment but we will consider making it down for sure. There are a lot of tournaments in the next couple months and attendance will depend on schedules and money situations for all of us. Other then that it sounds great!

If there is no Brawl Springfield will not attend =(

Kix

Smash Journeyman
not a fan of the payouts at the moment but we will consider making it down for sure. There are a lot of tournaments in the next couple months and attendance will depend on schedules and money situations for all of us. Other then that it sounds great!

If there is no Brawl Springfield will not attend =(
How many people is Springfield?

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Capem, Fonz, Nope, Lou, Champ, and Cake...so 6.

It is $20, so I figure its the cost of a movie.

One thing though is what is going on with set ups, do they need to be brought or what?

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I definetly think they payout should be changed to 60, 30, 10. Getting second place and only getting 20% really blows. Especially since I ended up making only like $8 last time after the venue and entry fee.

Melee alone won't get that many people anymore. I was thinking only as an addition to Brawl. Brawl will get more people, no question.

If Springfield, whoever AZ brings and the regular Cincy group comes I can definetly see you getting more than 20 people depending on who comes that I don't know as well. If Kentucky decides to come you could get some real numbers.

$10 venue fee is pretty steep. Especially since it's not an outstanding venue or anything. Kind of cramped. I wish it was $5. Entry fee I'm fine with because atleast there's a chance of getting it back.

e__

Smash Ace
Melee alone won't get that many people anymore. I was thinking only as an addition to Brawl. Brawl will get more people, no question.
That said, I would appreciate it if Kix would stop advertising this hoping that this will become a melee tournament. I would appreciate it even more if he stopped that in topics that are specifically for brawl only tournaments.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
eeepppp, come on Kix, you should know better than to advertise for other tournaments in other tournament topics. When I suggested asking around I meant more like, aim/in person/maybe in a melee social topic/something. We don't allow advertising for any one tournament in any other tournaments thread.

clowsui

Smash Legend
SS and TGM if you're going I need you two to pay for me...without me having to pay you back
I don't/will not have the cash for this, FOR SURE.
Also if Wings and Brew is this weekend then you two are going up to Columbus...right? It's cheaper AND there's FANTASTIC wings and good pizza for really cheap. Plus, I'm pretty sure if WaB is that weekend then everybody else in Cincinnati will be going.

TheGreatMuldini

Smash Rookie
I dont know if i can pay for you since it might be $30 for me to get in. We'll see if i have the money then, its stilll pretty far off. Me and SS cant make it up to Columbus, we dont have rides. Sounds great though :(

clowsui

Smash Legend
Nah dude I think that Tyr can give us all rides
Me + you + SS + Tyr + e_ is five people...I'm pretty sure he has a van

Steel_Samurai

Smash Journeyman
your hoping for a lot clowsui lol
rides from tyr and money from me and Muldini

btw Infern, if we're both there I can give you that dollar I owe you, if I don't see before then

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
lol first of all I don't have a van. Second, I don't even know when that tournament is. And third, I probably can't drive you all to Columbus.

Stop pimping me out Chi.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
FANTASTIC wings and good pizza for really cheap. Plus, I'm pretty sure if WaB is that weekend then everybody else in Cincinnati will be going.
There isn't a date for WaB II yet but I'll likely schedule it around this event so us Ohio players will have tons of tournaments to go to.

clowsui

Smash Legend
LOL my parents would flat out refuse if I told them the 30$ was for one tourney alone not to mention the fact that I dislike lying to get money. Pay for me if you want me to go to this -_-

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
hmm
so this is the 25th
I think I might make wings and brew I the 18 (or whatever that saturday is)
then there is the MW circuit event on the 11th

Three straight tournaments in a row for Ohio. ZOMG we are becoming the EC. Good ****.

clowsui

Smash Legend
LOL AZ you have nooo idea

circuit event was yesterday right?
this weekend we have dayton tourney
after that we have g3
and even after that we have another, i just dun remember where

4th we don't have anything, though we might have one here (read: i'm going to try and host another one)
11th circuit
18th WB
25th This

jbeeneq

Smash Rookie
Hello smashers. I'm glad to see a lot of you are interested. This time I'll be setting you guys up in the back, away from all the smelly SF players.

We'll probably only need one more wii and as extra memory cards as we can get. Other than that, we're set. As always, AIM me or email me for more info.

jbeeneq

Smash Rookie
Good ****. I have a few more people I have coming for Brawl now. They don't post here, but they're decent.

jbeeneq

Smash Rookie
This is not just a smash tourney, it's an everything tourney. $10 is because I have to pay to use the venue for the day so those that come have to pay so I don't get railed, being that I've already dished out the cash.

Top Bottom