• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cincinnati Smashfest (Next 6-2-07)

neko

Smash Apprentice
i have work till like 1030, but i can leave a key out or my room mate will be here earlier if you want to come around 8 or something

and i did post on denver threads... just wanted to know if you guys had any friends there.

neko

Smash Apprentice
well i'll be off work at 1030 ish. my room mate will be here earlier than that so if you want to come around 7 or 8 that's fine. i have two tv's and one game cube, so if anyone wants to bring one. and if you need to reach me call me at 513.348.4163

DrewB008

Smash Lord
i just talked to ash, she said that people cant stay tomorrow night, but we can come later tonight and stay through most of the day tomorrow. she'll be home between 10 and 11 sometime, but people can show up a little earlier, her roommate should be there. and people should bring setups.

DrewB008

Smash Lord
sorry man, but you gotta pay more attention to the posts, we were there friday night, and left saturday at 4ish. i guess i should have said friday and saturday in the post i made, but the date was there on the side, and i was really hoping people were gonna see that in the next couple of hours anyway, cause otherwise it would be too late. the communication in general on this one was pretty bad, so hopefully next time we'll be sharper about it and everyone can make it more easily.

Doctor X

Smash Lord
sorry man, but you gotta pay more attention to the posts, we were there friday night, and left saturday at 4ish. i guess i should have said friday and saturday in the post i made, but the date was there on the side, and i was really hoping people were gonna see that in the next couple of hours anyway, cause otherwise it would be too late. the communication in general on this one was pretty bad, so hopefully next time we'll be sharper about it and everyone can make it more easily.
>_<

I could have sworn none of these posts were up until this morning...

Sliq

Smash Master
Good question, which will not be adressed now, but instead sometime in the future.

DrewB008

Smash Lord
pretty much any weekend in january after huge johnz seems good i believe, it is seeming like smym is getting pushed back a couple months. so whenever either ash or kel/justin can host such an event, and enough people will make it.

DrewB008

Smash Lord
lets have this either the 13th or the 20th, can ashley host on either of those? if not we can find something else probably. i want jekyll to come too, his luigi is a champion.

papayasown

Smash Journeyman
Kel has a DDR tournament the 13th ;).
I'll probably end up working on the 20th though, so I guess it doesn't matter too much for me anyway :(

Sliq

Smash Master
On Saturday the 13th I have a seminar to go to from like 8 AM until 5 PM. Plus I have a crapton of homework to do, so we'll have to wait.

papayasown

Smash Journeyman
Well I work the 20th, so unless it's on the 19th or something.... Hint hint. I dunno how okay people would be with Friday. It's not like these things are huge anyway and I'd actually like to go to a tournament once in a while at my own house haha.

DrewB008

Smash Lord
the last one at ash's was friday night through saturday. and we'd like them to get bigger so we actually can have a tournament, especially since smym is like a month away with no tourneys in between. we could probably start the fest friday, but will have stuff on saturday for more people to make it to also, if there is sufficient interest.

Sliq

Smash Master
I'm fine with what Drew is proposing. We can have it on Friday and it can carry over to Saturday. I'll be there the whole time, but I'll probably have to break off and do some homework sometime. I don't have a problem with people sleeping over from Friday as long as Kel doesn't care.

Nope

Smash Lord
Since we are having trouble finding a date and place to host in cincy, if people are willing to drive over to Portsmouth (About 1:15 min from cincy) I have a House and a couple friends with apartment style dorms with plenty of room to host a smash fest. There are about 4-5 people who play smash around here and would be here for sure. We are pretty much free on most weekends. Thanks to the way our college schedule works we rarely have classes on fridays so people could come very early if they want even thursday. if anyone was interested I could host for a weekend. As far as setups go we would have around 3 maybe 4 you would just need a controller (I also Have a Capture Card if you want some matches recorded). I would Like to Do This in January and would like everyone else to pick a date so more people can come.

DrewB008

Smash Lord
if ash can host we should do it at her place, just cause its bigger than your place sliq. but if she cant/doesnt post, then your place is suitable as well. we just need some confirmations all around.

papayasown

Smash Journeyman
What? Ashley's living room and dining rooms are about the same size as our living room + kitchen.

Plus, this is just a Sliq+ Kel production thing. We need to play smash more, you guys can have a fest at ashley's too the next day or week or whenever. Sliq and I are just wanting something at our place too.

This Friday looks good. I work until like 9, but Justin is down for it. Sadly I work saturday too, so either way I can play after work :). I just didn't play last smashfest since I got a wii right after.

Maybe MMs? Jiannooooo? lol

Needle of Juntah

Smash Champion
im trying to get back into smash at least a little bit as some of you ohio people know :)
i got no johns about sucking anymore either, cause as long as i have johns ill never be the *** whoopin sheik that i used to be, so post a date please :)

DrewB008

Smash Lord
we should be having one this saturday, at sliq and kels apartment. i dunno when the next one after that will be. hopefully we can get a decent amount of people to show up, especially if people come from michigan.

Sliq

Smash Master
I'm thinking Saturday would be ideal. I'll edit the first post to reflect this.

Top Bottom