• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Circuit Event] **Fuhgeddaboudit 2** 9/29 Oshkosh, WI

element_of_fire

Smash Lord
Snacks and Pepsi and a free footlong sub a day's worth of meals does not constitute. Certainly now after taking time to read again the first post's subject info I can thoroughly know that all of my money matches cannot be matched in money... so more so than down the list I will do a more of fashion desgining in the manner of the cafeteria food - those I find to challenge in tourney location first get to take their matches before anyone else can get a chance. The conflict of two coming at first to me I will choose resolve of mine to fight that which I value more important.
TRANSLATION: I like to try and sound smart on the internets lawl....

Midas

Smash Rookie
I'll definitely be there, with my brother. I've got a friend coming as well, but he won't be participating in the team tournament. He doesn't have anyone to team with, but he'd like to do singles.

Tyrone565

Smash Cadet
I'll definitely be there, with my brother. I've got a friend coming as well, but he won't be participating in the team tournament. He doesn't have anyone to team with, but he'd like to do singles.
Midas,

I might know someone who could need a teammate. I can ask him because chances are his previous teammate might not be able to make it. I will let you know by tomorrow night.

Tyrone565

Smash Cadet
I just talked to my friend and he would be down to teaming with your friend. My friend plays Jiggles. What character does he play? Are you relatively new to tourneys? Let me know as soon as possible.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
Dude chrono, $5 to pay for a footlong sub and your share of the Midwest Circuit bonus is a steal, don't john your way out of moneymatches because you can't go from breakfast to dinner without more than 1 significant meal inbetween :urg:

Zicore

Smash Champion
Ok...I have one small, minor favor to request for everyone that is staying at my house...

I will be providing about 3 24 packs of soda, one Mountain Dew, one Coke, and one Pepsi. I will also be trying to provide a few pizzas on either friday or sat. night, depending on what time everyone arrives on friday, or what time we get back sat. if everyone doesn't crash right away. But I was hoping that maybe people could bring maybe a 12 pack of something, or a bag of chips, just to somewhat lighten the load of money I request of my parents and have to take out of my own pocket. I am happy to house everyone, and I am glad that it is this many people, so don't take this the wrong way. But I think that many of the people coming to this can understand where a college student who is trying hard to get by with what he is making WITHOUT housing 14 people for a smash tourny is coming from. I can pay for the soda, and about 2 of the $5 large pizzas from little ceasers. I hope that everyone else can pitch in a little bit of money to get some more pizzas. So...I really hope that everyone can at least try and do this.

Also, does anyone that is riding with SDM know what time you are leaving/arriving? Because I would like an estimate time of arrival to try and get ready for everyone. Slayer said around 9 for him, and I know KSSB/Quaz aren't getting here till 1 AM (noobs). Also, Chrnosquare...do you know what time you are arriving?

Seanson

Smash Ace
as far as i know sdm cant leave until 4pm, and he'll get there about 3 hours 38 minutes later, according to google maps.

I plan on bringing a 12 pack of mountain dew.

James Sparrow

Smash Master
Ok...I have one small, minor favor to request for everyone that is staying at my house...

I will be providing about 3 24 packs of soda, one Mountain Dew, one Coke, and one Pepsi. I will also be trying to provide a few pizzas on either friday or sat. night, depending on what time everyone arrives on friday, or what time we get back sat. if everyone doesn't crash right away. But I was hoping that maybe people could bring maybe a 12 pack of something, or a bag of chips, just to somewhat lighten the load of money I request of my parents and have to take out of my own pocket. I am happy to house everyone, and I am glad that it is this many people, so don't take this the wrong way. But I think that many of the people coming to this can understand where a college student who is trying hard to get by with what he is making WITHOUT housing 14 people for a smash tourny is coming from. I can pay for the soda, and about 2 of the $5 large pizzas from little ceasers. I hope that everyone else can pitch in a little bit of money to get some more pizzas. So...I really hope that everyone can at least try and do this.

Also, does anyone that is riding with SDM know what time you are leaving/arriving? Because I would like an estimate time of arrival to try and get ready for everyone. Slayer said around 9 for him, and I know KSSB/Quaz aren't getting here till 1 AM (noobs). Also, Chrnosquare...do you know what time you are arriving?
Do you accept Rtroms as payment? sojs?

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
TRANSLATION: I like to try and sound smart on the internets lawl....
Silly EoF, the incense must've gotten to you. (That whole paragraph was a whole mess of Chrono-Speak, as my friends call it. On occasion, particularly when my awakeness levels are less than adequate, when attempting to speak something I end up jumbling my thoughts and ideas as they come out; half of it is me saying corrections to what I just said, which are themselves sometimes jumbled up. It was Chrono-Speak that gave rise the totally awesome phrase "The Sense of Nonsense is my Incense" one fummer night a few weekends ago.)

...The correct translation is, I'm gonna need money for food and since I'm not confident in my ability to win money from people, if you get to me while my MM funds are greater than $0 I can challenge you; however if I can choose between MM'ing two challengers, I'll pick the one who I rank as more important.

I think ChronoSquare is my favorite Wisconsinite ever.
O_O Not only does it seem that someone finally has been paying attention to me, but now also I am thought of to be better in some fashion than those around me? Cripes! EoF, check the Apocalypse calendar! It can't be that time yet!

Dude chrono, $5 to pay for a footlong sub and your share of the Midwest Circuit bonus is a steal, don't john your way out of moneymatches because you can't go from breakfast to dinner without more than 1 significant meal inbetween :urg:
Let me see what I have for a budget...

In my wallet: $4
Yet to be taken out of the bank: $87.xx (forget how much change)
$5.65 in quarters, nickles and dimes sitting in my drawer (That's actually a more than I thought I had; anyone object to their MM being payed in change?)

Total, this makes... about $96. Let's see the expenses...
$30 entrance fee
$20 oil change
$30 gas
...and I'm left with about $16 to spend on a breakfast (I'm assuming that we'd go eat someplace on the road for breakfast per usual CWC tournament drive)/supper and MM's. And actually, if I had people chip in some gas money for the ride home, $20 worth of gas would be plenty, that $10 perfectly available for MM's.

The thing that I didn't count on was how far in advance you need to schedule an appointment to donate plasma. I thought I could get a quick $25 to put towards the tournament, but for the first appointment they're booked like two weeks in advance it seems...

I think 7:30-ish should be a good estimate for me; somewhere between 7 and 8, and as early as 6. I've always tried to not wait any later than 8 to go my friend's house on the weekend for D&D/Werewolf/random video games, so it should be like that.

Actually, the more time I have the better, because there's several things I can get done on Friday before the weekend that need to be done. Such as studying for the Philosophy exam on Monday, or doing the laundry (it's hit-and-miss with the dorm laundromat; people often forget they are doing laundry and leave their clothes sit in a washer/dryer for up to an hour.)

To hopefully make it easier on myself (and you), I will wait as long as possible to get the DeBot supper... if we're staying up late, some pizza should be just perfect - if I go to sleep on a full stomach, I won't be ravenous for breakfast, and so should be able to make it without/with a light breakfast, until lunch... (To not totally be a loser and just mooch off your hospitality Zicore, tomorrow when I go home to Amherst I'll raid our kitchen to see if there isn't anything I couldn't bring to share... if the local grocery store is having a sale on Our Family sodas, totally am I buying some Cream soda. 5 12-packs for $10; I could MM 2 sodas for $1 and still have plenty of soda left over :D)

Yay me for quanternizing what otherwise could pass as a quadruple post.

P.S. Yes I know quanternizing isn't a word but it sounds good and it probably is just my memory being faulty and not quite remembering a word I once read.

KirbySSB

Smash Ace
Hey KSSB, you should bring your copy of Pokemon with you as well as your DS to this. I've got Pokemon Battle Revolution, and I just found today this pretty nifty secret code that gives you a free Electivire - Adamant, lv 50, with Earthquake/Cross-Chop/Thunderpunch/Ice Punch for moves. I think I should be able to give you one. It'd go perfectly with that Gyarados that you seem to like to use. :D
I don't even know where my copy is and I don't play it anymore

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
lol

Let me team with BigC then! Zeus is teaming with Disciple now.

I play Ganon in teams but I can use Peach too if necessary.

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
lol

Let me team with BigC then! Zeus is teaming with Disciple now.

I play Ganon in teams but I can use Peach too if necessary.
Ahahaha! Now the shoe is on the other foot! You abandoned me, and now were abandoned in return.

...if you could, I would like to re-visit the idea of us teaming together. Ganon and Jiggly... it'd be just like teaming with Tar, only with a better Ganon. :D

Seanson

Smash Ace
hey 56k, zeus, or disciple, would one of you guys mind riding with chronosquare or zicore to the tourney from zicore's house? because I'd like to ride with SDM. i dont get to spend much time with him since im down in winona so much, and we need to discuss awesome strategies of amazingness.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
ChronoSquare: heh I was gonna mention that. <3 karma. I didn't know if you would still want to team. I'm still down with teaming. Ganon/Jiggly it is.

Seanson: I don't mind at all. Heck, I can ride with ChronoSquare to discuss amazing strategies of awesomeness. :)

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
hey 56k, zeus, or disciple, would one of you guys mind riding with chronosquare or zicore to the tourney from zicore's house? because I'd like to ride with SDM. i dont get to spend much time with him since im down in winona so much, and we need to discuss awesome strategies of amazingness.
Since I remember 56k more than zeus or disciple (sorry but it's probably because I didn't sit down with you and smashed with you last time we might've met; otherwise I'm terrible at matching names to faces), and since it's now official that 56k will be teaming with me, I nominate him to ride shotgun with me so he can navigate XP

Seanson: I don't mind at all. Heck, I can ride with ChronoSquare to discuss amazing strategies of awesomeness. :)
YES! We can bring back the POOP XD

SlayerOfMe

Smash Ace
me and toasted cake did some 2v2s against chexr and a lvl 9 ganon, I think we lost a few.
Yeah, when we were messing around with random characters, lol. We won most of the ones where we played with our mains (**** Chexr's Sheik). We won the last one too when I killed his Link on FD with Luigi. Lol, you were almost freaking out because it was just me and him left.

Seanson

Smash Ace
Yeah, when we were messing around with random characters, lol. We won most of the ones where we played with our mains (**** Chexr's Sheik). We won the last one too when I killed his Link on FD with Luigi. Lol, you were almost freaking out because it was just me and him left.
you know how chexr gets what he gets serious. he hit hit you with like 4 f-airs in a row, too.

i remember the time a computer got 0-death combo on chexr, that was too funny.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
I don't mind at all, you can take my spot to talk with your brother. Don't matter to me, I'll probably sleep on the car ride to the venue anyway, since I love my sleep.

Zicore

Smash Champion
I have a feeling it would be like teaming with Zicore. With less johns.
She wouldn't downsmash NEARLY as much as I would...

whaaaa? you're not going Peach to keep those lives fresh for the pickin's?
Of course I will be going Peach. But like I said...for some reason, my peach isn't much of a lifebank...but I can do my best to do that...my samus is more of a lifebank then my peach...

you know how chexr gets what he gets serious. he hit hit you with like 4 f-airs in a row, too.

i remember the time a computer got 0-death combo on chexr, that was too funny.
At fc6, myself, KSSB, Quaz, and EoF were playing in our room when crashman came into the room and demanded the tv. EoF, being the cocky SOB he is, said "Play ya for it." and then did his jason laugh...which sounds oddly like Barny Rubble from the flinstones...ok, anyways...they set it up quickly, but KSSB's falco was just turned to a computer lvl 1 falco. So crash wanted to kill it, so he jumped on the platform (it was Staduim) and did a missle across to the other platform, but the falco powershielded it, then proceeded to do a 0 to 60 combo, then spiked it off the side...crash proceeded to turn off the game as us 4 were all laughing...and thats my story...

Zjiin

Smash Master
Of course I will be going Peach. But like I said...for some reason, my peach isn't much of a lifebank...but I can do my best to do that...my samus is more of a lifebank then my peach...
Eh... Dsmash madness > friendly missle in my face.

I'll keep you alive, and in turn i get claims to all your stock.

Zicore

Smash Champion
Eh... Dsmash madness > friendly missle in my face.

I'll keep you alive, and in turn i get claims to all your stock.
MADNESS?!?!?! THIS IS SPARTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA *Dies*

but seriously...

great, so it will be like all my previous partners...except for that whole thing on keeping me alive...

I hope you don't kill yourself a lot. I wouldn't want to feel KSSB's pain...

Zjiin

Smash Master
MADNESS?!?!?! THIS IS SPARTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA *Dies*

but seriously...

great, so it will be like all my previous partners...except for that whole thing on keeping me alive...

I hope you don't kill yourself a lot. I wouldn't want to feel KSSB's pain...
I was actually playing KSSB yesterday and i had to lay the hammer on him pretty hard. On top of that 7 suicides is impossible to top, unless you could somehow steal the life your team mate starts with.

Zicore

Smash Champion
I'll ride with whoever, but who will my friend Andrew ride with?
I am sure we can squeeze him in SOMEWHERE...

Also...I am going to be buying 30 doughnuts in the morning, so there is breakfast. I know I will be getting a few gallons of milk as well. hopefully that will save some people a little money. Also, I don't think I will buy any soda, unless I get a 24 pack of coke. Hopefully, people will just bring soda. I can buy about 4 bags of chips...but hopefully people will bring other stuffs.

Also, people staying with me...bring a towel, shampoo, and deoderant. I do have some extra body wash...but with 14 people...****.

Top Bottom