• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Claremont Colleges Smash

GhettoSheep

Smash Journeyman
Anybody serious about melee want to play?

We have 2 serious juniors in Benson hall who are looking for more competition on campus. Post if you wanna play.

EDIT: SMASHFEST FRIDAY 2/6

OK we're gonna have a smashfest tomorrow (friday) afternoon around 2pm till whenever

Location: CMC Benson Lounge, call me if you need directions (206)948-0942

Address: 742 Amherst Ave Claremont, CA 91711

You should all come, and bring as many melee'ers as possible

Celph you should bus here

Fly_amanita, you should also come, and bring any mudders you know of that play

Also, bring setups if you have them.

-BYOC

Edit: Here's a map http://cmc.edu/about/campusmaps/print/printmap.php

GhettoSheep

Smash Journeyman
Well if you want we play on the weekends a lot, and I know there are some people who play up at Mudd who I'd like to get in touch with but I just don't know who they are. I'm a friend of Charlie (the other junior in benson), who i think you know so next time you're gonna be on campus pm me or something.

Where are all the mudders who play melee? anybody?

Celph

Smash Journeyman
Take a bus and come to my house, because I am amazing and I'll actually help you get good.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Well if you want we play on the weekends a lot, and I know there are some people who play up at Mudd who I'd like to get in touch with but I just don't know who they are. I'm a friend of Charlie (the other junior in benson), who i think you know so next time you're gonna be on campus pm me or something.

Where are all the mudders who play melee? anybody?
Most of the Melee players I knew at Mudd have graduated. I know at least one guy currently there who is okay, but I don't see him that often.

Why don't you guys go to tourneys on the weekends? Charlie started going to tourneys before I did and he was one of the people who got me into tournaments, but I never see him at them anymore.

GhettoSheep

Smash Journeyman
Fly_Amanita: Yeah Charlie was studying abroad but hes back now. We are going to be going to melee tournaments but we're looking for people to play on/near campus too.

Ismokeherbz: i love 64 but i suck at it now :(

Celph: We're looking for people on campus, but do you live close?

LooksLikePit

Smash Ace
I live on the corner of Arrow Hwy. and Indian Hill, which is right next to the village, and within walking distance from the colleges, so we're pretty close. Please play me! My AIM is sherigami if you want to talk more

GhettoSheep

Smash Journeyman
OK we're gonna have a smashfest tomorrow (friday) afternoon around 2pm till whenever

Location: CMC Benson Lounge, call me if you need directions (206)948-0942

You should all come, and bring as many melee'ers as possible

Fly_amanita, you should also come, and bring any mudders you know of that play

Also, bring setups if you have them.

-BYOC

Edit: Here's a map http://cmc.edu/about/campusmaps/print/printmap.php

Celph

Smash Journeyman
You should come to me because I'm better.

Don't mean to come off like a **** even though I know I am, I'm just saying, I don't want to waste the gas or the time to **** someone for the umpteenth time.

GhettoSheep

Smash Journeyman
You should come to me because I'm better.

Don't mean to come off like a **** even though I know I am, I'm just saying, I don't want to waste the gas or the time to **** someone for the umpteenth time.
If you don't want to smash that's fine, but there's a smashfest at the colleges tomorrow and the more people the better

We're actually pretty good so its gonna be fun

if you're too amazing to drive 10 minutes to play melee then that's just unfortunate for you

if you really are better than everybody here then teach people something new so they can challenge you later, thats how competition works

Celph

Smash Journeyman
If you don't want to smash that's fine, but there's a smashfest at the colleges tomorrow and the more people the better

We're actually pretty good so its gonna be fun

if you're too amazing to drive 10 minutes to play melee then that's just unfortunate for you

if you really are better than everybody here then teach people something new so they can challenge you later, thats how competition works
If you guys money match me I'll go. $3 minimum. That's how competition works.

If it only took 10 minutes, then I would. But come on, you should know it never works like that. I'm going to get lost because I've never been on the campus before -- hell, you didn't even give me an address to insert in Google Maps.

If you're serious about getting good but won't even give players a lot better than you any incentive to play, then good luck getting said good people to play with. Fly and I are the only good people in the area. Maybe he'll visit.

LooksLikePit

Smash Ace
look up a map of claremont. It is southeast of the intersection of Foothill/Indian Hill

the map that was provided should do the rest.

¤_¤
¤_¤
¤_¤
¤_¤
¤_¤
¤_¤
¤_¤
¤_¤
¤_¤

araknophobik

Smash Master
i'd go but claremont colleges are by the 10 and not the 210
fly is really convenient to play before work on fridays now that i think about it lol
i'd go but i work at 4 if only ya'll opened your doors at noon
fly throw a smashfest =]

GhettoSheep

Smash Journeyman
i'd go but claremont colleges are by the 10 and not the 210
fly is really convenient to play before work on fridays now that i think about it lol
i'd go but i work at 4 if only ya'll opened your doors at noon
fly throw a smashfest =]
Come whenever you want, somebody will play with you,
The 210 is pretty close also, you just have to drive down claremont ave or w/e its called to get to the colleges

Fly, you should really come

LooksLikePit

Smash Ace
goooooddd stuff guys. Fun matches and such. I wasn't playing that well, but whatever. I also forgot people's names.

people I played with- fun matches. Falco guy stop going for spikes. Peach guy you're cool

Cafeteria- gooooddd ****.

qwaszx7410

Smash Rookie
Hey, don't know if anyone's still on this thread, but I'm a freshman at Pomona looking for some other good players. I've got my own setup if anyones every interested. Message me on here if you ever want to play. I'm not fantastic, but I can hold my own.

Adam M!

Smash Lord
you should hit up charlie, he's mad good

and if you can beat him then i'll play you one day

his aim is kingchunky2, tell him adam gave you it

MarthPwnzer-

Smash Apprentice
I'm down to play anyone really. I have been practicing everyday a lot for about 3 weeks. I think I made sufficient progress ,and want to test my skills :]
So qwaszx7410 if you want to play me MSG me on AIM:OwnsAce or call me 909-267-8065

I can play any day of the week except this Saturday and Sunday. Other then that anytime after 11:30am works.

Weet

Smash Rookie
Nice I live in Claremont.

I could head down for some practice, I could use some help from more expereinced players.

qwaszx7410

Smash Rookie
Hey! Is anyone in this thread still active? I just realized I forgot to post here. We're going to be having Melee monthlies down at Pomona this year in Wig. Let me know if you're interested. Sorry for the late notice, but the first one is tomorrow, September 5th, with singles starting around 3 pm and doubles starting around 5-6. Message me on here for more details or to be informed about the next one. As of right now, there is no money in the tournament unless people want to do separate money matches, but if we get enough people interested in a pot for some other tournament, we could have an entry fee for that one.

Metameme

Smash Apprentice
I still play, was marthpwnzer-. I would be interested in attending.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Of the smashers I knew at the 5Cs when I was at HMC, only a couple were from Pomona. In any case, you can probably find at least a few people somewhere; CMC had a decent crowd for a while and I wouldn't be surprised if they still do.

The 5Cs smashers I knew weren't really active on SWF, so you probably won't have much luck here. I met them through small, local tourneys not at aimed at the broader smash community.

I don't recall if it was a formal organization, but there was a de facto Melee club at Pomona run by a guy named Noah, but he graduated a couple years ago and I don't know if it still exists, nor do I know whom you could contact to learn more.

</useless information>

You also might want to check out the general 909 thread. The area has some pretty solid players.

Top Bottom