• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Clash of the Sauga! Mississauga, Ontario / JAN 6th UPDATED w/RULES AND STUFF

McD

Smash Journeyman
OMG YES !
I AM SO IN !!!!
Ill try to bring a tv, and power cord or something
do what I can ^-^

Oh and, Im in for
-Low Tier
-Teams with GAmer1991 (Pichu & Pichu)

Volasko

Smash Ace
I think you may be surprised how many people show up. You might not know it but there are alot of smashers in the GTA areas. And I think you should settle on this date soon, so people can plan around it. From the responses I think the 6th is the best date, as everyone will be busy wiht holidays and ****. Also if it is in your parents basement make sure they are cool with having that many people, cause you may not of expected a plus 30 turn out, which is really feasible with the amount of smash-heads in the area.

Also 10 dollars minimum for singles and I vote for $20 dollars per team (10 each) for doubles as there wont be as many teams. And yeah boi another smash tourney coming up soon!! Holla!

D

Deleted member

Rules look good

Still a little shakey on this 7 dollar fee though, I'm confused as to the purpose of that

Should be fun stuff though, expect much Poke Floats / Brinstar gayness from me / divineknight

We had thefts last tournament so I say we enforce a list.

Well..on second thought..this venue might be a little more secure seeing how ours was out in the open and in an area that's not the best. I have a feeling people don't even know about the tournaments we host there, see a bunch of equipment and just walk in and steal stuff. Still, just to be certain, you should have a guest list and not let anyone in who isn't on the list...no?

And yes $20 teams

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
ahhh the date is bothering me.. iam not sure if i can go january 6th but ill try to make it.. and yes i will try to enter doubles.. if i go...

McD

Smash Journeyman
If you bring that TV Ill bring my cube. :)
We need to talk! Sauga isnt as close as toronto, we need to plan how to get down there.
My mom is driving us

lol, that was amazing
OH YOU THERE ?
Theres a tourny on the 6th
bye
(thats whay I said on the phone . . . harharhar)

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Alright, this is now official and I want to enforce on organization and such.

Which tournaments people sign up for is okay for now, as long as they have the money for it. But I need to know who is coming. Some of you guys have told me that your friends plan to come. Post their names up with their initial and username would be nice.

As for equipment and such I will take care of it when it comes, no worries. lol If anyone tries to steal anything.. lol for their poor soul. There is going to be like 2 others that aren't joining that will be looking around. And lol I am a master thief myself, you can't trick a trickster so nobody will get away with nonsense.

Drolian

Smash Journeyman
Ken's theory! >_>

I might be able to go, my dad said I can, but my mom hasn't recieved word. I might be a little late though, I gotta do something before then...

Also, I wanna have a few friendlies with Jeffman, Lanowen and others. >=D
(my first tourney, whoop!)

Scintillatedseed

Smash Journeyman
I'll second the motion to raise the entry fees. $10 is better.

Also, some stuff I want to ask about/say:

-Unless otherwise specified, it's probably pointless to bring a cube with no TV. Most people who are bringing a TV will bring their cube too, so you'll probably just end up with a bunch of unused cubes. Basically just make sure that somebody said they were brining an extra TV and make sure your cube is actually needed, or else you'll be carrying it around for no reason.

-Everyone: Watch your sh*t! I never used to think it was a big issue but we had some stuff taken from a few people at our last tournament so just make sure you keep an eye on everything you bring with you.

-We should start a registration list, just to see who will be coming and stuff. I'll start it, and I can maintain it too if need be.

-If the tournament runs "until whenever you want to leave", there should indeed be time for crews, right?

Singles
HMP22
DeLoRtEd1
Bread-Butterer

Teams
HMP22 + VexterJezter? (unconfirmed)

Low Tier
HMP22

And for those of you asking about the ages of smashers: I know of very few players who are much older than, say, 20. NNR is almost entirely composed of 17-year-olds, and one of the best players in Canada (Kingsley) is 12 (although he stopped playing now).
I second that 10 dollar notion. And thanks for bringing up the issue of the cube. I was careful, but let my guard down for a while and that's whne it got stolen.

What are the prices for low tier and teams?

And ****, this is actually at 12am? ... I don't think I'm going to come if it starts at 12 am on saturday. That's crazy ****, I'm not staying up all night, I'm going to fall asleep halway through the tourney. I'm not exhausting myself, that's no fun. I've had too many experiences of hold' em to 6 am in te morning and thats when ti gets no fun. I have too much to do to screw my hours over right before school starts. So, I vote that the time changes from 12pm to 2AM or if that's what you meant, cool.

Also, is ther ea way to get to that place by bus?

homsar

Smash Ace
This is gonna be Ill. I need to play you Scintillatedseed, we only talked at the last tourny.

Anyways, me and MCD should be coming for sure. We will update if needed.
Ill probibly enter singles and low tier. If I have the cash I might enter doubles if someone else wants to.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
I just would like guys to come at 12 AM (Noon, lol I get it mixed up too) so that we can settle some ground rules. And so that we can all gather and have casual matches for warm-up.

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Time: 12-2 PM will be casual play and Tournament starts at 2 till whenever things end
By this I get it starts anywhere from 12:00pm to 2:00pm. There is not set finishing time. All problems according to time should now be clear.

Also, noon-2pm is 2 hours.

McD

Smash Journeyman
That sentence is a little confusing, to me atleast.

12:00pm is colloquially named noon.

12:00am is colloquially named midnight.
Thank God for Lanowen -.^;;
lol, if it is at midnight, I don't think my mom could drive us O-o lol

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
If it's not too much trouble I'd like to ask for first names and last. Because we'll have a paper of the list of you guys that are coming.

BTW. We have encountered some technical difficulties that might slow down the tournament. We blew out 3-4 outlets in the basement. We still got 2 others working, but if any of you guys have a parent or know ANYONE that knows anything about that stuff please do help. (I know nothing about htis, and am trying to research).

More on this later tonight.

Edit: Things are still looking good and tournament is staying as is. Help would still be appreciated on the technical difficulty.

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
It is probably the fuses or breakers. If the house uses fuses, they are probably burned out, and you need to replace them. It is probably the fuse that protects that curcuit.

Just look though the glass, it should be a solid wire if it is working properly, if it is broken, it will look broken and burned.

If it is a breaker (probably not), just flip the switch that is OFF back into the ON position.

the problem

Smash Apprentice
Got a question, will we be recording all the matches or just the finals or we arent recording? cause if you got a dvd player i can bring cd's and we can revord easly. Also is it gonna be round robing or what O.o

divine knight

Smash Journeyman
"oh reply, oh gotta make the replies quick, right."
"lol rofl lol noob *** lol."

oh man. you can count on delorted and me bringing on teh gay to this. We're just so pro.

Whats up with not allowing mid tier in the lowtier singles. Cause liek typically y'know midtier is all up in that. And yea, maybe you should leave it up to the attendents as to whether they want food and stuff. and if you want to pay for the management fee or rental fee or whatever, increase the fees a few $s. like singles 15 and keep doubles the same price. then just take it out of that pot. With NNR alone thats quite a few, and everyone else on the thread it seems like it might be a good turn out.

Count me in for singles and doubles. and lowtier maybe.

Switchblade

Smash Journeyman
Got a question, will we be recording all the matches or just the finals or we arent recording? cause if you got a dvd player i can bring cd's and we can revord easly. Also is it gonna be round robing or what O.o
well I'm good friends with Tyrant and he told me it was ok to record the matches, we can have them up no problem, but I'm TRYING to get as many matches as i can to get in a montage of the highlights of this tournament, maybe even get in a few comments of the players XD. But yea, you're more than welcome to bring in what you have, but I would like to ask if i can have the videos so can work on this as best as i can.

edit: btw im going to be recording through VHS if anyone has anything better it would be greatly appreciated <_<;;

the problem

Smash Apprentice
well I'm good friends with Tyrant and he told me it was ok to record the matches, we can have them up no problem, but I'm TRYING to get as many matches as i can to get in a montage of the highlights of this tournament, maybe even get in a few comments of the players XD. But yea, you're more than welcome to bring in what you have, but I would like to ask if i can have the videos so can work on this as best as i can.

edit: btw im going to be recording through VHS if anyone has anything better it would be greatly appreciated <_<;;
a dvd words better then vhs i can bring a couple dvd's to record if you want?

McD

Smash Journeyman
Ok, I'ma need a teams partner for this. Anyone up for it?
Homsar here on McD's account.

Id be up for it but I dont know if you want me as a partner as I might not get us very far. So its your choice, Im good either way.

ChrnoX

Smash Cadet
YAY 14 more days to go lol. Okay umm my name is Hong so ya and i think a lot of my friends bailed on me. theres prob gonna b a friend named david going or something.

McD

Smash Journeyman
>< I can't wait
the past tourny I went to, I didn't play to many people T_T
but this time, Im going to go crazy, I swear, Ill be like running around lol
If you want to face me, look for the guy tripping on his shoe lace and smashing his face into the ground ^-^;;

Top Bottom