• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Classic Ganon: The Original King Of Evil!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Oh hell yes. It's a villain, and it's a cool looking villain, and it deserves a slot in the roster and in my heart. Supporting this.

PiChuChu

Smash Cadet
I'll support!

Seeing as we already have two of Link and Zelda, what about introducing Ganon with Ganondorf in trailer for two Ganons?

(first post :bee:)

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
@ AncientTobacco AncientTobacco , I owned this thread a while back, and I wanted to know if I could have ownership back.

I'll add some more to the OP, and expand on the reasoning of why he deserves to be Smash 4's zelda newcomer.

EDIT: Also, Ghirahim deconfirmed. Even though I wanted Ghirahim, that is less competition Pig Ganon.

Last edited:

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
@ AncientTobacco AncientTobacco , I owned this thread a while back, and I wanted to know if I could have ownership back.

I'll add some more to the OP, and expand on the reasoning of why he deserves to be Smash 4's zelda newcomer.
Sorry, but I'm going to keep it.

Feel free to post any suggestions you might have, though.
EDIT: Also, Ghirahim deconfirmed. Even though I wanted Ghirahim, that is less competition Pig Ganon.
The Demon Lord is dead.

All hail Demon King Ganon!

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
So with this new leak, its entirely possible that it could be ganon as the zelda rep. 2 Links, 2 zeldas, 1 ganondorf?
I support!

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I think with the deconfirmation of Ghirahim, this might increase Monster Ganon's chances on being a Newcomer!

I kind of like the idea of having 2 Link, 2 Zeldas, and 2 Ganons.

Although I think they should of had Shadow Link instead of Toon Link and Hilda instead of Sheik, whatever, the only one I care about is Ganon anyway as long as there is no Uncle Fatso WW Ganondorf.

Anyway something tell me that Ganondorf will still have Beast Ganon as his final smash, meaning there is room foor a different version of Monster Ganon, and of course I'm thinking we might get Link To The Past Ganon.

Gooper Blooper

Smash Apprentice
Not my preferred Zelda villain but I support most other villains so.... what the hell throw me on the support list.

If I back all the villains I should have more of a chance to celebrate a villain reveal

JFM2796

Smash Journeyman
It's like some inverted K. Rool:

People love the original antagonist and hate the new oneshots of Donkey Kong Country, yet love the oneshots and ignore the original antagonist.
That's actually a really interesting point. Zelda one-shot characters in general seem to be really popular for some reason I don't really understand. I mean sure they're cool in their respective games but in Smash? i think I'll pass.

Sometimes it makes me wonder if anyone on the internet has actually played a Zelda game that came out before 1998.

Maybe I'm just the old fashioned sort who thinks a character should only be added to Smash if they have proven capable of still being iconic and memorable by the time the next Smash rolls around. And the one after that.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
A little bit late, but count me in as a supporter. With two Zeldas (Sheik, who is OoT Zelda transformed and TP Zelda) and two Links (TP Link and WW Link) in the game, it is only fair to have two Ganons as well. If by any chances he is playable, I hope he have this design (the one in the middle):

Hands down the best Ganon design ever made.

Last edited:

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Eh, Im only up for Ganon being in the game (or replacing Dorf if its an either or situation) is if hes the OOT version.
I'd be all for this Ganon design, I remember the month long feud I had trying to beat this Ganon for the first time, it was like we were in a wrestling feud.

However the only problem is this form of Ganon doesn't have as many moves as the the Big Blue Monster Ganon and simply isn't as iconic, but it is a rememberable Ganon in all de respect.

Gooper Blooper

Smash Apprentice
Quick question does anyone know if anyone has made a nice Ganon button to go with my other villains in my sig?
The more I think about Ganon the more I like the idea

This thread has been reopened.
Thanks president

@ Burruni Burruni maybe?
I will quote him on the differnce between Beast Ganon and classic ganon at least
Diddy, we've been over this.

The Final Smash is "Beast Ganon." It even specifies as one specific version of Ganon.

"For Ganondorf's Final Smash, he morphs into a beast and attacks." - WiiU Trophy Description. This limits any confusion to the Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess incarnations of Ganon, leaving the original WizPig unmentioned and in no way inhibited.

Edit: Even in the Palutena's Guidance for ThunderCougarFalcondorf, we have a quote that omits the threat of Beast Ganon affecting the appearance of the classic villain. "One thing you should know, Pit, is that there are many different Ganons." - Viridi
There's one problem with the "Ganon is Ganondorf's final smash" argument.
This, by the name of the trophy, is "Beast Ganon," in both Brawl and Sm4sh. As the trophy reads "For Ganondorf's Final Smash, he morphs into a beast and attacks..."
This limits this to only being construed as the "Dark Beast - Ganon" fight which was phase 2 of 4 for the final boss of Twilight Princess.

The final smash affects the classic WizPig styled Ganon (last seen in NintendoLand on the WiiU) as much as :4mario: would prevent :4drmario:, :4link: prevents :4tlink:, :4zelda: prevents :4sheik:, and :4samus: prevents :4zss:. By specifying the final smash as Beast Ganon it means that the classic form would just be Ganon who would be an alternate and complete identity of Ganon/Ganondorf from the timestream of Zelda. It isn't the situation as Chrom or Tom Nook in the final smashes of :4robinm::4robinf: and :4villager: because there's only one OF them with one real design constant across their series. Chrom is always the same Chrom and Tom Nook is always the same Tom Nook. These two incarnations of Ganon are visually distinct and have a name difference to keep a thick line between them.
as for my views on the pig spears are one of my favorite weapons and he wields a spear that instead of having a point has 3 smaller spears. Plus he has magic and is an awesome pig demon things. my favorite possible zelda character who isint midna. and there is a huge jump before the character after him in my want list.

Burruni

Smash Hero
GANON BEFORE IMPA.
GANON BEFORE DIXIE.

In my top 5 for DLC characters this time around and as oni333 has stated, I've been a bit of a campaigner for the Dark Pig. Even did a Palutena's guidance for him on one of the other threads. Does this thread need a (edit: More Recent) moveset for our resident King of Evil because I'd be happy to do so.
:4miibrawl::4ganondorf: ThunderCougarFalconDorf HOOOO!

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'm all for Ganon. It would be awesome if he actually makes it in as DLC.

How did you manage to convince the mods to reopen this thread though? ^^;

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
All i did was ask. :p
Thankfully TP beast ganon != LttP ganon/ooT ganon
That's great to hear. I thought they would have probably refused to re-open the thread because of the whole Beast Ganon Final Smash thing. ^^;

But it's great to see it back open again. c:

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
All i did was ask. :p
Thankfully TP beast ganon != LttP ganon/ooT ganon
I tried to argue with AEM earlier about it telling him that Beast Ganon and Classic Ganon are not the same thing, and didn't work out well. :/
Thank Sakurai for specifying that the Final Smash is BEAST Ganon, which is Ganondorf transforming into a beast for ultimate power.

This isn't quite the situation of another major Nintendo villain whose trophy encompasses them as one continuance without separation of appearances.

COME ON! IT'S OUR TIME TO SHINE!

So Yuga aka Yuganon
technically a ganon appearance? yay or nay?

I know he appears earlier but does the boss fight count as a fight against ganon or yuga in your opinion?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Hopefully this thread will be more active than my support threads. I do really hope to see one of the three.
So, let's get started...if Ganon were to take a specific design, which design would you want to see?

- NES Zelda
- Oracle games
- Four Swords Adventures
- A Link Between Worlds

- Yuga Ganon

Personally, I think the Oracles design with the gauntlets from gauntlets from ALBW would look the coolest.

Burruni

Smash Hero
So Yuga aka Yuganon
technically a ganon appearance? yay or nay?

I know he appears earlier but does the boss fight count as a fight against ganon or yuga in your opinion?
Yuganon boss fight is pure Ganony goodness with a bit of Yuga sprinkles.

That is my opinion. A bit suprised to see a Ganon fight that used the trident to that extent.

Edit:
Hopefully this thread will be more active than my support threads. I do really hope to see one of the three.
So, let's get started...if Ganon were to take a specific design, which design would you want to see?

- NES Zelda
- Oracle games
- Four Swords Adventures
- A Link Between Worlds

- Yuga Ganon

Personally, I think the Oracles design with the gauntlets from gauntlets from ALBW would look the coolest.
LBW Ganon, but with a bit thicker built legs. Like how Oracle Ganon looks.

Last edited:

- NES Zelda
- Oracle games
- Four Swords Adventures
- A Link Between Worlds

- Yuga Ganon

Oracle concept 100%

Absolutely perfect.

After that LBW i guess

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I suppose the oracle version looks the best suited for a game like Smash Bros. As his proportions are more or less right and everything.

Last edited:

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
So glad this thread got revived. Ganon seems like such an obvious character choice, but he doesn't seem to have all that much support. I guess people are pretty much content with Ganondorf?

The Oracles definitely have my favorite Ganon design, but I'd assume they'd use another one since Smash has never really acknowledged those games. Preferably, I think the best route to take would be creating a Smash-original design blending elements from several of Ganon's past appearances.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
So glad this thread got revived. Ganon seems like such an obvious character choice, but he doesn't seem to have all that much support. I guess people are pretty much content with Ganondorf?
The Oracles definitely have my favorite Ganon design, but I'd assume they'd use another one since Smash has never really acknowledged those games. Preferably, I think the best route to take would be creating a Smash-original design blending elements from several of Ganon's past appearances.
Probably. I'd like to see, the physique and armor of Oracles, with the face of ALBW, and the gauntlets from the FSA version, and maybe if we're lucky, he gets Yuga's sick dreads.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I know it would never happen but u fully support 101% he is in my top3 most wanted.
Add me to the supporters list.
I would love if this happened.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
so its not asking the right question but the right people. nice bit of info there ;)
No.

Blue you were told numerous times that this thread is a no go. Beast Ganon IS Classic Ganon, both are Ganondorf in a beast form. You can't change the name and expect things to work out that way.

The thread is going to stay locked, you can vote for Beast/Classic Ganon if you want but his current role as Ganondorf's final smash rules him out for a support thread in the character discussion forum.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I just wanted to apologize for my absolute incompetence.

Don't blame the other mods for doing their jobs.

Blame me for screwing up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom