• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Clone Engine Discussion (The ARF Engine.)

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Well, it's a good idea for those who don't wanna search endlessly in a thread for the post :p

JetAurion

Smash Journeyman
I'd have to say that this thread is "needed".

It functions differently then the "ARF Engine", or whatever.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
This hardly helps anything. It's not a "clone engine" until it allows us to add extra character slots to the game. All this does is let us replace characters slightly better than we had done before. I'm not saying that this is bad, because it's still a step ahead of what we had before, but it doesn't solve the problem that needed to be solved, at least in the way we've been waiting for.

Also, if this was really that important, you should have let Phantom Wings post this himself.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
(@Jet) No, it doesn't. The ARF Engine isn't even released, anyways, how would you know?

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
Tell Phantom Wings to make the child's play portion of the code and we will begin to hype. Even if it is limited to only a couple characters at first, we will be happy.

JetAurion

Smash Journeyman
(@Jet) No, it doesn't. The ARF Engine isn't even released, anyways, how would you know?
Simply, Phantom Wings's... thingie is replacing entire characters.

ARF Engine is apparently supposed to be an actual clone engine (which I'd ASSUME can create clones without replacing any character we use).

JetAurion

Smash Journeyman
By that reasoning, wouldn't Cloud Kong be called the same thing?

If my understanding is wrong, my apologies.

JetAurion

Smash Journeyman
*ashamed*

Eww. Guess I was wrong then.

I never bothered with Cloud Kong, no offense to you, ds22.

SpectreXS

Smash Cadet
Sorry if what I am asking for theres already an answer in this thread, but I just need a one post answer, nothing more, so here it goes.

I have been lurking around this thread today, and, with every progress dantarion, pw and whoever else made until now, is it possible to put, for example, a roy icon in my CSS that loads roy (even if the picture shows him as marth, but in the game roy is loaded)? the roy PSA and stuff in this case is supposed to work over marth, of course

About this thing of substituting "MarioD" for roy, I found this page http://opensa.dantarion.com/wiki/Clone_Engine_Example_Codes and, if I put all these codes on my gct, and port pw's generic .rel to marth, can I get roy to work properly? (if it crashes on marth vs roy, for example, there's no problem) If yes, how can I get a "MarioD" icon to work on a CSS? What is his ID to put on it? (Alloy's IDs are showed as 32 to 35 in mastaklo's post, but in my css code they are 4A 4E 40 46, so I thought it would be different, but I may be wrong) AAAND, about the files in SD, do I have to put the .pacs etc in a folder named "roy", on pf/fighter? Do I have to rename FitMarth.pac and etc to FitRoy.pac? And the .rel name would be ft_roy.rel? So many questions :x thx for help, and good job on clone engine/project m, dantarion!

Edit: I put one more number in my CSS, which I believe it is for MarioD (51), and it showed up as the marth icon, but when I use it it loads the normal marth... I already renamed the folder, .rel .pac and .pcs 's to "roy" and "mariod" and none of these worked. I'm with all of the codes that the OpenSA page (mentioned earlier) had (I didn't put the cheats to change the SFX), can anyone help me here? :| thx again

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
So wait with that clone engine progress that Phantom Wing Posted Could I port Ike over an alloy, and have that alloy 100% Like Ike and thus replaceable with Cloud for example?

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
Wait, I feel that I am not quite understanding Phantom Wings Post. So basicly we now have a functioning clone engine, but only for Ike?

Edit: Can one port Ike into a character ID over toonshiek or one of those empty ones?

joselitovalle52

Smash Rookie
http://twitter.com/dantarion

10followers.

Bugs:
MarfJiggs doesn't have Jiggs SFX unless Jiggs is in game.
MarfJiggs isnt counted as a multijumper, and cannot jump like jiggs.

MarfJiggs is....
Marth Slot
Jiggs Module(patched)
Jiggs Moveset(notpatched)
Jiggs Animations(notpatched)
Jiggs Model(notpatched)

Don't pick anything but default color.
Will freeze because of Marths model.
can you port Pit over Ice Climbers? (In other words, MarioDk's Goku Pit Moveset over Ice Climbers)...
Please!

Top Bottom