• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Clone Engine update?(ARF Engine)

Hikaru Kagi

Smash Rookie
Ok it has been maybe a year or two since I was in the brawl hacking community (dealing with things in real life) and I have been reading around the forum (and other places) and I saw that Dantarion was working on the Clone Engine (awesomeness!) and in the discussion thread of it, the last post was about 7 months ago, so I was wondering if the Clone Engine was complete or not (can't find any other recent info on it.) and yes I did see that it was working for Marth, but what about all the characters? (excluding alloys of course)

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Nothing of it. It's in limbo exactly where he left it, since no one else has anywhere near the knowledge that he had to work on it.

Hikaru Kagi

Smash Rookie
Did he leave the source code of it or something for us? so somebody could at least attempt it.

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
Someone should at least try to get and touch with him and ask about it. I don't want to insult the man (his contributions can't be overstated), but it was a silly move to tease everyone and leave without putting his progress out there for someone to pick up. Not just on the Clone Engine, but also Brawl Masquerade too.

Hikaru Kagi

Smash Rookie
Yea, I know how you feel Crispy4001, Dantarion has done a wonderful job with all his contributions, but with that aside, even though I'm just considered a noob right now (with 6 posts :o, because I forgot my old account lol) I would love to help out, but I don't know how much I could contribute toward it, because hotdogturtle said " since no one else has anywhere near the knowledge that he had to work on it." and I fully agree, I may know some stuff about brawl hacking, but not as much as much as others, and plus I had to start over in my hacks from scratch, because a certain person used my Wii, and updated it, so I had to re-hack it (glad it wasn't bricked though) and I don't remember much of it, since it has been awhile, but anyway, enough with my rambling lol

ds22

Smash Lord
Someone should at least try to get and touch with him and ask about it. I don't want to insult the man (his contributions can't be overstated), but it was a silly move to tease everyone and leave without putting his progress out there for someone to pick up. Not just on the Clone Engine, but also Brawl Masquerade too.
O but people did try to get in touch.
They just never got an answer...

And while there aren't people who know as much as Dantarion about the Clone Engine, there are people who have a remote understanding about it.

Hikaru Kagi

Smash Rookie
Brawl Masquerade for you and clone engine for me, the reason I want clone engine, is because the characters I want to put in, has to be over the characters I already like :urg:

Ultraxwing

Smash Ace
I gave up on the "clone" engine =/

i was excited but i knew that it wouldn't even get past teasing =/

so, this is a dead brawl dream =3

JetAurion

Smash Journeyman
I haven't given up on Masquerade yet. We need it now more than ever before with all these new models.

Hikaru Kagi

Smash Rookie
Pardon me, but what is this Masquerade? I just recently got back to brawl hacking, so I'm kinda lost here :embarrass:

Hikaru Kagi

Smash Rookie
Hmm, that is pretty good, is there a way to have two fit(character).pac files on one character with this masquerade thing? I think that's the file used for the models right? I forgot a lot of this stuff since I've been away :urg: because for example I would like both Sephiroth and Marth to be in a match together(because I have Sepiroth as a costume for Marth, and for each one to look like what they're suppose to look like. is that possible?

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I gave up on the "clone" engine =/

i was excited but i knew that it wouldn't even get past teasing =/

so, this is a dead brawl dream =3
It doesn't have to be dead if you get a USB gecko and learn ASM, both of which I've been procrastinating on. I now regret procrastinating......

Ultraxwing

Smash Ace
I don't have the money for such a thing, i would love to learn ASM.

i mean, it's not all that complicated it's just telling the system to make new slots from the dummy slots and we can just patch the .rels over the dummy rels.

we've got alot of the complicated work done (RELS) now we need to open the dummy slots =3

Hikaru Kagi

Smash Rookie
Then order it overseas. It's what I had to do.
O_o I just now saw this in the thread of the link "You can buy one from another country if your's is not in the list" of course that meant if your country is not on the list, but I guess the same could apply for the USB Gecko

Top Bottom