• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cloud Down Throw Option Select

Spark31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spark311
3DS FC
4940-5914-5196
Quick thing I found to get some damage off of down throw.

Last edited:

Zetox

Smash Cadet
I am really struggling to understand what option select is, I have already looked in several places but don't really understand it. Can someone explain it to me?

Spark31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spark311
3DS FC
4940-5914-5196
I am really struggling to understand what option select is, I have already looked in several places but don't really understand it. Can someone explain it to me?
I actually mis-used the term. APPARENTLY an option select is basically a string of inputs that you change if you change the order of re-actively based on what your opponent does will always land.

8383d3 90 90 10 hundred

Smash Apprentice
an option select is very simply: an special kind of input that does different things depending on a trigger. a trigger like getting your shield hit for example. this isn't an option select. its just a video about non-true dthrow followups

"option considerations" lol

i would like to discuss dthrow comprehensively though

HermitHelmet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hermit_Helmet1
an option select is very simply: an special kind of input that does different things depending on a trigger. a trigger like getting your shield hit for example. this isn't an option select. its just a video about non-true dthrow followups

"option considerations" lol

i would like to discuss dthrow comprehensively though
What can Cloud do out of D-Throw, what is true, and what isn't? Also, what are the percents?

Sir Lancelot

Smash Cadet
According to MySmashCorner, the only thing is D-throw to buffer turnaround jab at 0%

8383d3 90 90 10 hundred

Smash Apprentice
cross slash works a lot of times on floaties and stuff at low percents.

upair can work and surprise people if they DI in.

otherwise read for air dodges, set up traps.

upthrow is also good. cloud is a good juggler.

he's also a great edgegaurder. so throw ppl off the ledge too.

Planty

Smash Ace
NNID
something
I actually mis-used the term. APPARENTLY an option select is basically a string of inputs that you change if you change the order of re-actively based on what your opponent does will always land.
an option select is very simply: an special kind of input that does different things depending on a trigger. a trigger like getting your shield hit for example.
To give an example: Say I input an F-tilt, then during the move I input an U-tilt and immediately after the U-tilt input, I hold shield.

If the F-tilt hits a body or shield, the U-tilt input is ignored and I shield.
If the F-tilt whiffs entirely (going through a spotdodge counts as a whiff too) then I will U-tilt and the shield input is ignored.

This is probably the most basic type of option select in this game. You can't do it with projectiles or Luma.

Chief Hotsuin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Blue-Rob
3DS FC
3411-3937-1436
Apparently, this is actually option select, to give a specific example of it, if words used above didn't work.

l never would've thought of using the PP like that. l must've said "This is so cool!" 3 times. Obviously, l'm desperate for grab follow-ups.

Top Bottom