• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CNU SMASH! - Next Biweekly TBA

Cow

Smash Apprentice
if trey and otis can land together on random teams, you play whoever the fsck you land on after one random.

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
if trey and otis can land together on random teams, you play whoever the fsck you land on after one random.
We have a correction system for that now >.>... If I land on jigs, bowser will do my tourney bidding :)

Wait, can we get a quick tally on the number of people backing this idea of a Random singles tourney (possibly followed by draft crews)? I'm all for it, anyone else willing to put their time to it?

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
ok, lets just make the official rule set

You get 1 random character selection.

if you land on your main, you can choose to use that character, pick random again, or designate your Main to another character.

so in theory, the most possible random selections should be 2.

and the odds of the person getting their main so so improbable that this is the most irrelevant convo yet

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
thanks for that, Cow...I'll make sure to play around with those [I agree with Yoshi's Story...ugh, I have horrible memories of my Pika getting some Peach-*** in the face with ever UpB on that stage ;___; you're one of the main reasons I'm working so much on abstract upB sweetspots...hence most of my incredibly avoidable SDs...well, most of them are actually failed ledgehogs, but yeah.]

Also: I vote yes on random singles tourney. I guess I'm divided on the whole repicking if you get your main....nah, I'm not. You use who you get. Sorry Fats. Go cry. ^_^

Ether

Smash Ace
I actually think you should use who you get, too, but for some people who just don't want to use their main, this is a viable solution.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
I actually think you should use who you get, too, but for some people who just don't want to use their main, this is a viable solution.
hah I like how you back the logic but don't quite support having it be an option. Nice. ^_~
Yeah. Not everyone will be happy. If you get your main, then you'll have to deal with the possibility of winning and feeling like it was less of a victory/feat than if you had to experience what most others will with their "random" characters. I mean, there's no real sense in arguing, I liked Ether's points about this earlier. All three are very good reasons.

Oh, Ether, check your PMs.

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
It's cool, i just did the math. If 30 people enter the random singles tourney, we're going to run the drawings 8.67 × 10^41 times. Statistically, the players will all have their mains before the last draw.

Any takers? And yeah, Team CNU will all gang up on toasty's guaranteed-to-be-garbage samus.

Mjolnir

Smash Cadet
HEY LISTEN:

John has confirmed the YRW room for four, we couldnt get it any earlier.

ALSO its time to start bringing your own conroller. If you odnt bring yours, no playing.....

ALSO ALSO ALSO be on time. Seriously. We'd like to start on time this time around, so please please please please please PLEASE show up on time. Thanks!!!!!!!!!

jhoxn

Smash Cadet
Also, next weekend, I may be holding a Soul Calibur 3 Tourney here at CNU. If any of you are interested in coming let me know. ^_^

adwillia

Smash Apprentice
what time is this one?

i'm planning on making my cnu smash tournament debut lol.

Poehlcat

Smash Apprentice
Not sure I'll be able to make it to this one. If not I won't be able to bring my computer and handle registration, etc. Just a heads up to John and everyone.

Cow

Smash Apprentice
definitely not entering a random char tournament, free or not. lol.
i don't like this game enough to deal with that crap.
hell, i'd be impressed if i even show up.
i hate big gatherings :|

p34chPAI

Smash Cadet
definitely not entering a random char tournament, free or not. lol.
i don't like this game enough to deal with that crap.
hell, i'd be impressed if i even show up.
i hate big gatherings :|
T_T aww.... well, I promise I won't set up another text barrage... but I wish we could play with you..!! Maybe another day, with just our CNU Smashers crew...? *hopeful*

and Poehlcat, where might you be if not here smashing?

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
Keep in mind Random Doubles are still happening. Draft crews also, time permitting. Time might not be a bad thing if entrants for the singles tourney are slim, we can get it done quickly and move on to crews.

Hell, we could just do Random Doubles + huge draft crew and run the singles as a side tourney.

Thoughts?

Wiggles

Smash Cadet
Keep in mind Random Doubles are still happening. Draft crews also, time permitting. Time might not be a bad thing if entrants for the singles tourney are slim, we can get it done quickly and move on to crews.

Hell, we could just do Random Doubles + huge draft crew and run the singles as a side tourney.

Thoughts?
I think it's a good idea. People definitely have more fun playing crews I think. I know I do.

No way in Hell I'm playing Peach again.

It traumatized me.

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
yo, I probably wont enter the random singles if it starts after 6, so if you are running a doubles thing before hand that'll probably end up ruling me out for random singles.

But I'd like to get a crap load of friendlies in with as many people as possible. I'll be nice and I won't chain grab in friendlies (unless your a sheik and I'm a losing, or a falco/fox and doesn't know how to DI)

Kukulza

Smash Apprentice
O man this whole random thing leaves me in a tough spot. I mean my main c falc and secondary, green c falc, r pretty good but besides that i got nothing

I'll be nice and I won't chain grab in friendlies (unless your a sheik and I'm a losing, or a falco/fox and doesn't know how to DI)
Theres no shame in chain grabbing a shiek, god knows they deserve it ;)

Cow

Smash Apprentice
argh, i'm not gonna let my school complain about sheik
unless you accept that fox and falco deserve to be chainthrowed just as bad as sheik does, we've got a problem :|

p34chPAI

Smash Cadet
Hey, I have to work until 4 on Saturday, and I still need to arrange a ride with O-NO. Can this be moved to 5 pm somehow?
I think we could probably have friendlies start at 4, and then start the actual tourney (doubles) at 5. CNU ppl, how does that sound? Sorry Fats if this puts you in a bad spot, since I think you said you're out at 6. :ohwell:

Ether

Smash Ace
well shucks, I don't wanna hold up the party. I might not even go, cuz I gotta ride with O-NO and arrange it with him, so I'll get back to ya'll on this.

Top Bottom