• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Code Requests

Team Giza

Smash Lord
I feel a bit strange making a topic like this especially since its not me actually taking requests to do something. However, I have some code requests that are fairly specific and am trying to get anyone to do them (even if its not for a long while). I suppose we could use this thread to throw out any code requests some of us may have.

As of now the code I want have nothing to do with brawl+ and many of them are fairly awkward. Some of them could probably be used for other projects people have but some of them might not be interesting for anyone but me.

1) Character Specific Friction: This has already been discussed and I think is pretty self explanatory. I heard it mentioned that it could be added to the gravity/jump power code which would be amazing.

2) Grab break: There could be different varieties for this. But I am just gonna post the version I need the most. *this is also the most important to me right now*

During shieldstun, if the player is to activate the button that would usually cause a grab it would activate 2 frame windows. The first one would only last a few frames, maybe 4 or 5, that would make it so if you were grabbed while that window was up it would cause the grab to be broken. The second window would be much longer and would simply disable the ability to reopen the other frame window.

3) Armor Modifier: This one might be a bit tough. Basically I want it to be possible to put different kinds of armor on any action (or change the type armor). This would include invincibility frames, super armor frames, projectile reflecting, no armor, and various other strengths of armor. I'm not entirely sure how all the armor works in this game so I'm guessing it would be fairly hard to do.

I am supposing the set up for the Data portion of it would have to be something like this;
AABBBBCC DDDEEEFF

AA= Character ID
BBBB= Action ID/Animation id
CC= Type of Armor
DDD=Frame to start armor change
EEE=Frame to end armor change
FF= Strength of armor (may not be possible, I just don't know exactly how this game handles armor)

4)Throw knockback mod: A code that allows you to change the knockback and trajectory of specific throws.

5)Airdodge landing animation: If you hit the ground while during airdodge animation it would cause you to go into either the action Land 1 (016) or Land 2 (017). I don't know which one of these two animations are used less often but it would be good to use the one that isn't often seen.

6) Shield tilting during shieldstun: Allowing the player the ability to continue to tilt their shield around even when stuck in shieldstun.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i guess i might as well throw a code request in here, it really shouldnt be hard at all

iv brought it up a lot, but it always seems to go unnoticed in a thread

modification to the deadlines code

as it is now, we dont need 8 neutrals. we need to keep an odd number of stages for striking, and 7 has proven to be a good number. current deadlines is on the verge of neutral/cp imo. mainly because its such a huge stage, its ridiculous. also, its basically just another flat stage with some small platforms. make it so the house is there when the stage starts, but if you break parts of it, it doesn't regenerate. that way people can still take advantage of the CP properties of the house, but if any character experiences too much of a problem, they can try to break it under the pressure of their opponent. that would make an awesome cp stage imo.

Revven

FrankerZ
I think we should get some AWESOME cosmetic changes for Brawl+, you know, little things that make it a bit more separate from vBrawl. My friend SFG gave some pretty cool ideas, we can do'em last obviously, as they'd be easy to do and stuff I'm sure.

1) Stock "spheres" are the stock heads like in Melee and Smash 64. We can actually do this because the stock heads are stored in tournament mode and elsewhere in the game.
2) Remove character portraits and names from the HUD so we can fit the stock heads without it looking cramped.
3) Faster cursor on CSS. It is REALLY SLOW, seriously, it's so much faster in 64 and Melee, I think this'd be interesting (again, cosmetic change).
4) Same color shield as team color (cosmetic again, but, would be pretty awesome)
5) Fix Windmill on PS1 (we gotta do this, seriously, please?)
6) No slow motion at the end of matches (not something I think should be done but, it'd be pretty cool to look into at least and have a code for).

Just some cosmetic changes we could make when we have nothing else to do and/or when we finish the game.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
1) Stock "spheres" are the stock heads like in Melee and Smash 64. We can actually do this because the stock heads are stored in tournament mode and elsewhere in the game.
2) Remove character portraits and names from the HUD so we can fit the stock heads without it looking cramped.
3) Faster cursor on CSS. It is REALLY SLOW, seriously, it's so much faster in 64 and Melee, I think this'd be interesting (again, cosmetic change).
4) Same color shield as team color (cosmetic again, but, would be pretty awesome)
5) Fix Windmill on PS1 (we gotta do this, seriously, please?)
6) No slow motion at the end of matches (not something I think should be done but, it'd be pretty cool to look into at least and have a code for).
1) Would be cool...

2) but not at the cost of the character portraits

3) Ummmmm never bothered me.

4) Sure, could be cool.

5) Oh God yes!

6) I like the slow-mo but as long as I still have some control over my guy when it says GAME I'm cool with whatever.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
I have a request and I not that be that difficult. Instead of completely disabling ASL, being able to modify at what frames the sweetspot happens. Basically, the objective is to remove those 1 to 3 pixel missed sweetspots that are so easily punishable (with Ike's fSmash/dTilt and such).

You would still have to get far enough to sweetspot but improve the system to not be so picky. It's a pretty alienating move for vBrawl fans and I've gotten way too many cheap KOs off it in Melee (and now Brawl+)

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
I have a request and I not that be that difficult. Instead of completely disabling ASL, being able to modify at what frames the sweetspot happens. Basically, the objective is to remove those 1 to 3 pixel missed sweetspots that are so easily punishable (with Ike's fSmash/dTilt and such).

You would still have to get far enough to sweetspot but improve the system to not be so picky. It's a pretty alienating move for vBrawl fans and I've gotten way too many cheap KOs off it in Melee (and now Brawl+)
Incoming wrath of the other BRoomers.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i kno ppl are asking about having damage stale (instead of damage and kb), but what if we could make a code like this

i kno in a lot of fighters (blazblue immediately comes to mind) that when you do combos each consecutive hit does less damage. while this may seem more suited to that type of game so a single **** combo cant end the game, but what if this would work for brawl? theres already a combo counter in the game as u see in training mode, so what if we use that variable in multiplayer mode and for every move u do thats part of a combo (hit number 2 or greater) it does a lil less damage, like 1% less for each consecutive move (2nd hit does 1% less, 3rd does 2% less, etc)

also, about the deadlands code. it needs to be changed now or it cant be used in doubles. at the start of the match two players start right next to each other and one can just immediately grab the other and start a combo, which is good for whoeever has a faster grab or maybe if one of the players isnt familiar with the stage doing that. just use my suggestion for having the mansion and it not regenerating.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
First, I use Deadlands cause we have soft ban on grabbing someone right away in my circle of friends but I agree with Chibo. If we really even need it so we have another neutral then we'll just have to ban it in doubles.

Anyway, that system is in the Soul Calibur games do. I think it caps at like 50% normal damage in SC games. It seems like a decent idea and could offer something a little different but we'd have to be careful about it. The only reason I want damage staling is because of jabs and I'd think something like 80% normal damage after like a 4 or 5 hit combo would be a good way to go about it.

I haven't messed with it since Brawl+ but does the combo counter work with Brawl+ Does it know about hitstun?

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Brawl most certainly recognizes the higher hitstun. It's just a state the character is in, and we're directly modifying its length.

I don't like this idea, though, since it doesn't do anything to mitigate projectile spam. Honestly, it's kinda stupid dealing 3% every time you land a laser with falco. Damage stale will nerf projectile spam down to a very tolerable level, but the combo stale system would not do anything about it. The combo stale system effectively rewards players for using hit and run or chip damage tactics and punishes them for a successful combo. Bad game design at its finest (at least for a smash game).

shanus

Smash Hero
Given that Foxy says that damage is calculated after knockback, that makes me thinkthat a damage stale system must be feasible, especially if the game keeps track of the stale moves list.

spunit262

Smash Journeyman
Given that Foxy says that damage is calculated after knockback, that makes me thinkthat a damage stale system must be feasible, especially if the game keeps track of the stale moves list.
Who's Foxy? And what makes her think that? Anyway I can't do anything as my computers broke, the last back up I made is from March 4th.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Unless brawl changed it, I'm pretty sure kb is calc after damage

Top Bottom