• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Collectible Investments SSBM Tourny

OmegaXF

Smash Ace
I have finally changed almost everything around ( rewards, stages, all the good stuff) so that it will be a good tourny well on to the good stuff yep!

Collectible Investments will be hosting their first Super Smash Brothers Melee tournament. Me and everyone who made this event possible need as many Smashers To come and support this event.
Contact Information- 28223 Woodward Ave Berkley, MI 48072 On October 20,2007 From 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Phone: (248) 582-1800

Price to enter tournament will be $15:00
For each entry we receive, $5.00 will go to Collectible Investments , and the other $10.00 will go into the pot.
Prize Structure
1st Place: 60% of the pot
2nd Place: 30% of the pot
3rd Place: 10% of the pot

There will be refreshments that can be bought i.e chips, cookies, pop, etc and we have a Subway right next door!:lick:

This is a singles tournament so no doubles these are the rules.
4 Stock
8 minute timer
Best 2 out of 3
Best 3 out of 5 in finals
No items

Stage Selection

1. Both players will elect to ban a stage from the available selection of stages. If a stage that is banned is
randomly selected, the game may be restarted before it starts.
2. If both players can agree on a stage to play, that will be the stage played on the first round. Otherwise,
the first stage will be selected at random from Pool A.
3. Counterpicking is allowed from any stage in Pool A or Pool B.
4. No stage may be used twice in a single set.

Pool A

* Final Destination
* Battlefield
* Dream Land
* Fountain of Dreams
* Yoshi's Story
* Pokémon Stadium

Pool B

* Mute City
* Green Greens
* Rainbow Cruise
* Kongo Jungle
* Brinstar
* Poké Floats
* Corneria
* Jungle Japes

Counterpicking

Since each set is to be played best 2 out of 3, here are the following counterpick rules:

1. The loser may select a stage from Pool A or Pool B, as long as it is not a stage that has been previously
played on in the set or a stage that was banned by either player at the beginning of the set.
2. The winner may select a new character.
3. The loser may select a new character. The winner must select his or her character first.

BYOC= Bring Your Own Controller!

Glitches/Stalling

1. Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them
(Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the game or
makes it unable to be finished are banned and will result in the immediate forfeit of the entire match,
and possible disqualification from the entire tournament.
2. Tactics such as Peach's Wall-bombing and Jigglypuff's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of
recovery or to maneuver around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a
match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. If by using one
of these tactics, you have put your character in a place to lose a stock by ending the tactic, a judge may
force you to stop and lose a life and continue the match short a stock.
3. The use of Wobbles is BANNED.

Disqualification

You will be disqualified if you cant follow the rules above. Nuff said.

The More setups you bring the faster the tournament can go.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
This is terrible. Why is the writing so big? Its hard to read. And why isn't the location and date in the title? The venue fee is absolutely terrible, half of the entry fee is taken away. Thats worse than planet x. The stages are awful, why is Corneria a random stage and where are the counter pick stages?!? Overall this seems bad, I'll pass.

OmegaXF

Smash Ace
This is terrible. Why is the writing so big? Its hard to read. And why isn't the location and date in the title? The venue fee is absolutely terrible, half of the entry fee is taken away. Thats worse than planet x. The stages are awful, why is Corneria a random stage and where are the counter pick stages?!? Overall this seems bad, I'll pass.
Yeah it somewhat is and this is my first post. The owner wasn't to happy

about there beinga SSBM tourney any ways but if we get a medium crowd then it will be better next time but until then we have to live with it and i am going to planet x as well.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
50% for a venue fee is pretty excessive. Sigh. I should've charged a 50% venue fee for FC.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Lol $10:00. ten o'clock dollars are too expensive for me. esp. if $5:00 are going into profit.

And what the hell does this mean?:
Me and everyone who made this event possible need as many Michigan smashers NO Smashers Period! To come and support this event.

lol @ winner chooses stage.

alcheato

Smash Ace
Yeah...you might want to read a few other tournament's rules to get an idea of what to do otherwise expect a low turnout if people don't like what they see.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
about there beinga SSBM tourney any ways but if we get a medium crowd then it will be better next time but until then we have to live with it and i am going to planet x as well.
You really ought to do it right the first time if you want for there to be a second time. Did you learn how to edit your posts yet?

OmegaXF

Smash Ace
You really ought to do it right the first time if you want for there to be a second time. Did you learn how to edit your posts yet?

Yeah imma do the edit VERY QUICKLY and the rules and all the good stuff so i can get it right this is my first thread so im trying. Dont get it wrong.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
The first post doesn't need to be so big. On the boards all big lettering isn't going to get more people to come, it just makes it harder and more annoying to read. And seriously, you should change the title.

OmegaXF

Smash Ace
The first post doesn't need to be so big. On the boards all big lettering isn't going to get more people to come, it just makes it harder and more annoying to read. And seriously, you should change the title.
I'll be sure to keep that in mind and do it right after skool.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Thread title is still wrong.

10/20/07 Berkley, MI: Collectible Investments

Sliq

Smash Master
I don't have time to read stickies.

JUDGE FUDGE
FUDGE

Grand Champion

Smash Apprentice
Bad first tourney means less people next time.
QFT. Too bad there's a tournament in my city the same date, and the venue fee over here is $0.

The text is hard to read. But this is what I was able to read:

"Uh, boss, people are complaining about the $10 entry fee where we collect $5"
Boss: Well then, raisy-daisy! Raise it up to fifteen dollars!!!

Sliq

Smash Master
I don't see how the venue collecting money is unfair. It is a business, after all. Plus, a lot of Smasher run tournaments have venue fees.

Grand Champion

Smash Apprentice
It's not unfair but its up to the customers if they want to go/pay or not. Its a business after all.

Top Bottom