• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Collection of Stage Textures

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
Seriously? I just downloaded it to :c
Yeah, it sucks, as it was one of my favorite textures for Battlefield. The camera doesn't scroll at all on the stage, it's just locked in place, and you can't see the underside of the stage at all.

210stuna

Smash Lord
When I played on Smashville, I did not get the texture at all, it was just regular Smashville.
Do you have the link to this 3.0 version?
You do have to rename them _00, _01, _02, etc

I'm not sure the correct name, I know it's village something, and then I'm not sure if it starts on _00, or _01, but the main idea is to name them all in order.
If I remember correctly thought that stage has a day time and a night time version, no? Maybe?

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I was a bit afraid of this, but the guy who put all the 3.0 stages in the Mediafire folder, did you upload them all without testing them ingame first? I hate when we have to do bug testing like this after they're already posted =/

If anyone would be so kind as to go through the recent stage posting and test the rest of the textures for any glitches, that would be appreciated.

210stuna

Smash Lord
I've downloaded about 4 or 5 stages from the user with the Mediafire Folder, and I haven't encountered any problems when playing on them yet.

Then again I didn't notice any difference with the cameras on any stages when I read that's what they changed in 3.0.

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
Correct me if I'm wrong, but to make custom stages compatible with 3.0, don't you just have to export the death boundaries(stgposition.mdl0) collision data(MiscData[2].coll) and STPM files from the 3.0 basic stages and import them into the custom ones?

Sid_

Smash Rookie
Ok so, if I did this correctly, this texture did not work for me. I actually forgot to put the 04, because I wasn't sure how many there were.

When I played on Smashville, I did not get the texture at all, it was just regular Smashville.
What texture is that and is it 3.0 compatible?

I.B

Smash Lord
What texture is that and is it 3.0 compatible?

Its a smashville texture that's available on the first page's spoilers. I added it to my PM 3.0 two days ago and it works without a hitch. Just make sure you add the files needed for both night AND day (I believe there's 5 of them)

210stuna

Smash Lord
I used the Lost Woods Island 3.0 in the OP and in the Stage Manager it says there was an error in it, sure enough when I tried that stage it froze.

EDIT: Nevermind, it happened again on another stage I edited as well. It has to be on my part and using the Stage Manager.

EDIT II: It was a custom texture problem.

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
Do you have the link to this 3.0 version?
You do have to rename them _00, _01, _02, etc

I'm not sure the correct name, I know it's village something, and then I'm not sure if it starts on _00, or _01, but the main idea is to name them all in order.
If I remember correctly thought that stage has a day time and a night time version, no? Maybe?
Oh, and nevermind, that actually was my problem, the _. I forgot it.

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
Correct me if I'm wrong, but to make custom stages compatible with 3.0, don't you just have to export the death boundaries(stgposition.mdl0) collision data(MiscData[2].coll) and STPM files from the 3.0 basic stages and import them into the custom ones?
I'm asking this because I've done this for a ton of custom stages myself, including ones never posted on here before and I'm willing to put them up for download if someone will tell me if that's all I needed to do, don't want to put up stages if it turns out I did them wrong even though I'm pretty sure what I posted is all that needs to be done

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Those PM 3.0 stage textures works well on wi-fi, right?

Sid_

Smash Rookie
Can anyone recommend songs for Gardenville, FoD battlefield, and Lost Woods?

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542

210stuna

Smash Lord
Lost Woods Island: Stone Temple Remix (This guy on Youtube), Saria's Song (LoZ OoT), Fillmore Freestyle (OC Remix), and Deku Nut's Castle (LoZ MM)
Gardenville: Click Clock Woods (Banjo & Kazoo), Mystic Gohan Theme (DBZ), Sleeping Treasure in The Sand (Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles), and Sinister Sundown (Kingdom Hearts)

EDIT: How exactly do you update the stages for 3.0? Like what would I have to export and replace to get it right?

meow

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys is there any tutorial to 3.0-ify the old stages? I've been waiting for Dimensional Battlefield and the Subspace FInal Destination haha. I figured I should try to help instead of wait around.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Hey guys is there any tutorial to 3.0-ify the old stages? I've been waiting for Dimensional Battlefield and the Subspace FInal Destination haha. I figured I should try to help instead of wait around.

Quick guide:

• Download Brawlbox here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/f0yfy4dbbrnz7r6/Brawlbox v0.70.zip
  • Download the stage you wish to port and have the Project M 3.0 counterpart ready.
  • Open the Project M 3.0 stage in Brawlbox. Expand ARC 2. Scroll down until you see STPM data.
  • Right click on it and choose "Export". http://i.imgur.com/Y8Uc4OZ.jpg
  • Right above that (or in some cases a large amount above that), you should find ModelData[100]. Open that up to find StagePosition (or named similarly...sometimes stgposition). Right click on that and Export as well.
  • Now close the PM 3.0 stage file, and open up the 2.6b stage texture. Expand ARC 2 and scroll down to the same place.
  • Right click on STPM and click "Replace". Choose the STPM data you extracted.
  • Do the same for ModelData[100]'s StagePosition
  • Save, and you're done.
  • You can also use Ctrl+E and Ctrl+R to Export and Replace respectively.
Try that.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Alright here it is. Can anyone test if it is actually 3.0-ified?
Here's what you do. Record a replay with the wifi set of 3.0 (using the default stage). Then switch your texture to the new one and watch it again. If it doesn't desynch, then it's fixed.

meow

Smash Apprentice
Here's what you do. Record a replay with the wifi set of 3.0 (using the default stage). Then switch your texture to the new one and watch it again. If it doesn't desynch, then it's fixed.
Alright I'll do that now(so much work sigh). Also could I also do the same with replacing the STPM and ModelData100 StagePosition with your Subspace Final Destination? I really like this stage and would like to use it. However I read that you only gauged the sizes so it's not accurate.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Is the difference between the WiFi build and non WiFi is the RSBE01, or is there more?
There are coding differences and engine/mechanic changes between the two sets, which is why the offline is meant to be played offline. It desyncs wifi.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Is there a simple way of getting rid of the claw of a Halberd stage? I've never done stage editing before so...

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Alright I'll do that now(so much work sigh). Also could I also do the same with replacing the STPM and ModelData100 StagePosition with your Subspace Final Destination? I really like this stage and would like to use it. However I read that you only gauged the sizes so it's not accurate.
You might need to do a little bit more for that stage since I haven't updated it since 2.1. Demo 2.5 was when they switched from the custom model to the Melee import and changed the collisions to match, and I never updated this stage with those changes. The collision is probably even more different now.

When I was talking about eyeballing the size, I was talking about adjusting the stage model to fit within FD's collisions. This stage would have been non-desycnhing with FD back in 2.1. I was mainly referring to the way that the bottom of the stage turns transparent, which could be visually confusing since the bottom would have solid collisions on that part.

But yes, to answer your question, it is definitely possible to update that stage for 3.0. If the stage has changed size between 2.1 and 3.0 (I don't know if it has; just speaking hypothetically), then you might need to shrink or enlarge the subspace model to match the collisions.

meow

Smash Apprentice
You might need to do a little bit more for that stage since I haven't updated it since 2.1. Demo 2.5 was when they switched from the custom model to the Melee import and changed the collisions to match, and I never updated this stage with those changes. The collision is probably even more different now.

When I was talking about eyeballing the size, I was talking about adjusting the stage model to fit within FD's collisions. This stage would have been non-desycnhing with FD back in 2.1. I was mainly referring to the way that the bottom of the stage turns transparent, which could be visually confusing since the bottom would have solid collisions on that part.

But yes, to answer your question, it is definitely possible to update that stage for 3.0. If the stage has changed size between 2.1 and 3.0 (I don't know if it has; just speaking hypothetically), then you might need to shrink or enlarge the subspace model to match the collisions.

Alright so I tried to simply replace the STPM and StgPosition but it desynced ): If you have any free time could you update it to 3.0 (And I do see how it is confusing at the bottom) or possibly send me a tutorial on how to do so?

Anyways, good news is the Dimensional Field works and does not desync! So here is the link again!

Top Bottom