• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

College Brawl: Vol. 1 (College Station, TX)

QUIVO

Smash Master
Omg, Jerm <3!!!

I love you too razer, only because you used TL. Did you play him with Wiimote + Nunchuk too!?

iLight

Smash Lord
i wrecked razer's toon link so hard in the butt, then killed his snake off the top 2ce with my tornado!!!

it was wreck up to the point where his grenade killed me off the top

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Super cool story! READ IT!

So Dojo and I sit down to play friendly random character matches right. We play about a dozen or more with me winning half and him winning the other half. Then PX and JadedLink walk up and wanna play too, so we just do team randoms. PX and I vs. Dojo and Jaded. We play who knows how many games, going super even. We get so many low tiers, but not once did anybody get metaknight.

Then we come up with the idea of whichever team gets a combined star KO count of 100 first wins. We eventually get to 97 (us) vs. 96 (them) still no metaknight. It's the last game. We start. PX and I both get Fox, Dojo and Jaded both get metaknight. T.T Super gay! Regardless, final score was 101 (us) to 102 (them) <3 Dojo.

Shoutouts!

Dojo (Sexy) <3 -
You are becoming the M2K of texas. Meet me in tourney singles for once. I enjoyed watching your matches. You read people well. Teach me more! <3
Never forget: "Use judgment now!" = UTDZac combo

Razer <3 -
2nd again. Get out of here! I'm sad I didn't get to meet you in tournament either. If I ever call you trash, don't believe it. You sir are amazing! It was so much fun hanging with you this weekend. We should do it more often, come to Dallas! <3

Gnes -
We didn't get to play at all except that one rigged teams game. I'm sad =(

Infinity -
Sorry for the judgment KO. I hate fighting MKs, I just wanted to get it over with. You played super well on Pictochat and Pipes. I was impressed. I think I'm ready for Whobo. Put m2k in my pool please.

Jerm -
Good stuff beating me (stupid bair). You were just as annoying to play against as Santi. I hate it, but it's another matchup I just have to learn. Give me more TL practice =)

DMG -
G&W? gtfo =) Sometimes I don't understand you. However, I did learn a kill technique by watching one of your matches as G&W and applied it in tournament. I love it, thanks!

Bwett -
You may never win money, but you give so many good players a run for theirs. Keep it up, I want to see wreck at Whobo.

UTDZac - is amazing.

Light -
I sandbag in tournaments. Only you know it's true ;)
Never forget: "Tack on 10 more percent then judgment" = UTDZac combo

Xyro -
Amazing first and second games. I seriously didn't know what to do half the time. My samus experience is now 5 games total............ lol. 2 Frame aerials, 0 Frame zairs... gtfo!

Blue Jay -
Good stuff beating Dphat again. I thank you for that. I can't really say I enjoyed our matches. It's just really unfair given I can simply spam turtle.

Kosmos -
Please don't ever be on the same side of the tournament bracket as me. Your peach scares me. Everything connects. You play with double speed hacks.

PhoenixAlpha -
We will never forget Japes. I love your lucas. Keep wrecking everyone else's G&W.

Dphat -
Stop beating us in teams. Stop stealing our team setup. NO KOAST repeats = Boring.

Gea -
Next time can we play more?

Esca -
I don't think I ever got to play your Pit. Made me sad =(

Magitek (Darth Tyson) -
Super pro for sticking with earthbound.

JadedLink -
I've never doing 100 stock random character teams against you again.

Kown -
I enjoyed playing your pit. Thanks for spamming my DK hard! lol

Sethlon -
I'm so sorry we never got to do our money match. I wasn't trying to avoid you or anything if it seemed like it. But playing with you in teams was a blast even if we were having a hard time. CY kept getting wrecked lol!

SandTrap -
wtf?

Original Bear -
Good seeing you again!

Beah <3 -
Dude you are so cool for letting us trash your place again. It was a blast. I look forward to coming every time. Also, thanks for all the friendlies the day after tourney at your place. I enjoyed judgmenting you 4 times <3

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
LOL OMG CY LOL God ****it that avatar made me laugh so hard. Now someone just needs to make theirs that pic of Bear looking at Dojo and Infinity lol.

Shoutouts:

Dojo: Me and Dphat are the SH** at teams.

Razer: Me and Dphat are the ultimate form of Pus** Crushers out there. Accept it.

Infinity: Stiltz was a PUS** and didn't do the Death Metal growl.

Kown: Is the SH**.

Dphat/DMG: Also the SH**.

Billeh Wet: I TOLD YOU TO PLANK HIM! lol

Phoenix Alpha: We SUPER WRECKED Boss Battles.

Stiltz: I WILL LEARN SFIV SIR. Zangief Ditto's too good. SFIV > Brawl. Zangief > Wario.

Zac: JUDGEMENT TIME! *Pulls a 9* *Misses* ****it I can never land that **** like you lol.

Drunken Sethlon: Is Funny as hell, has amazing tech skill, and is easily a total Badass. Kinda like Thien.

Everyone else: You guys are the SH** but not like me and Dphat.

For those who are interested in who I will use at WHOBO, I actually have a wager to use Lucas vs someone good/notable. I will do it. I'm also gonna try to go all Diddy and Wario at WHOBO alright?

PhoenixAlpha

Smash Journeyman
Shouts!

Dojo - The friendlies beatdown. It hurt. so. good.
Stay sexy, and let's play more next time.
...Excellent!

Razer - Let's get some friendlies next time. We've never played.

Infinity - It was fun hanging out w/ you and doing friendlies that weekend. We usually don't get the chance. Congrats on 4th.

Jerm - Nice to meet you and play you. Your TL is a beast.

DMG - P**** crusher!! P**** crusher!! P**** crusher!!
We have YET to do friendlies, but boss battles were REALLY fun.
You're always cool to hang out with. Always.

Bwett - you continue to remind me that us low tiers can be PRETTY EFFING AMAZING. I keep saying that we Lucas mains have no one to look up to, but I've got you. [/gayest thing I've ever said on the boards]

...I swear we remembered Kangaskhan. *waves hand in front of face* WOOOOO!!!!

UTDZac - Thanks for driving a top tier carpool! You run GW like no other. You're always easygoing and fun to be around.

Light - got those friendlies in. *insert johns*

Xyro - The tiebreaker goes to you. You're still a cool headed and polite player in person. Stay that way, and get ready for round 4 at WHOBO!
Credit to your Samus for learning some new tricks!

Blue Jay - I agree, one friendly is not enough. We'll get more next time.

Kosmos - I only needed to watch you play to realize you're broken. I don't think we did any friendlies either. Keep up the awesome, and we'll play next time.

Rocket Trainer - You had me. Enough said. Nice to meet you and play.
Love the Lucario.

PhoenixAlpha - get hyped. get ready. You're going to take WHOBO by storm.

Dphat - how phat? Snake Tech duels for the win!!

Gea + Gnes - Two names I've seen a few times and haven't played. Let's fix that next time!

Esca - Your mirror shield makes me cry. Thanks for the friendlies.

Magitek/Tyson/Darth Tyson Clutch - Holy crap. Your Lucas is legit. It was nice to meet you and teams was REALLY fun. It's a shame that we met in tourney, though. Keep up the practice, and you'll beast at tourneys for SURE.

JadedLink - 4 player falcon dittos. Win. Nice to play some games with you, and put a name to the face.

Kown - you're fun to play against, man. Let's get some more friendlies next time. I enjoyed them.

Sethlon - It was nice to (formally) meet you. Your shiek was fun to play and quite a challenge, too. You are a source of entertainment. ;) lol

SandTrap - hey, remember when we sat at the table and talked about CS for 30 seconds? F*** that. We're playing hard next time!

Original Bear - You're pretty good for being in the game as long as you have. Keep it up. GGs!

HeyTallMan - Nice to finally see you again. Don't sweat the placing. This tournament was SUPER hard.

Phantom X and ADMJP - Way to do the falcon dittos. The austin crew is really cool. I'll be sure to hit you guys up when I'm in town. Take it easy.

Beah - Thanks again for letting us stay with you. You're always chill (even when we're not) and fun to hang with. And you have a small peepee.
<3 Beah extra homo.

NOTE:
Did you go to CS and not enter singles? Did you hang out with PhoenixAlpha, even for a little bit? Did he not list you under his shout outs? Are you butt hurt, neglected, or sad? If you've answered "yes" to these questions, you may be a victim of "getting shout-out f*****". If so, call or write PhoenixAlpha, and we'll remedy the problem before you can say "PK Fire"
;)

Gnes

Smash Master
For those who are interested in who I will use at WHOBO, I actually have a wager to use Lucas vs someone good/notable. I will do it. I'm also gonna try to go all Diddy and Wario at WHOBO alright?
Finally u see the light...

Also...revenge time at WHOBO...that teams match was bullshiz

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
yeah definately, Ever since FS5 i wanted to play teams against you but we only made it to 5th :( I play on getting a lot of friendlies at WHOBO, i really want to play wit you guys

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
bear, you need to add DDD to bwetts results. He couldnt beat my samus and went DDD 2 matches.

of all the people do do that ****

Bwett

Smash Ace
Omg, are you still upset over that? What you need to realize is that you have to choose between two things. You either stick to a main for an entire tournament, or you have secondaries to take care of bad matchups.

If you decide to stick to a main, there are inherent problems that you have to accept, ESPECIALLY for a low tier. One of those is that you will be counterpicked. Most people, when they decide that they will do this option, accept that they will have to deal with huge adversities including 70:30 matchups or harder. They accept that they could possibly lose because of this option but take great pride in their character and think they can rise above the challenges.

The other choice is to have a secondary to back up their main. This is a much safer option, but doesn't offer as much pride in being a single character. Yoshi's tend to flock towards DDD to handle Marth and Wolf. DDD's look to Marth for G&W and Falco. MK's stick with MK because he's broken lol.

What you have done is chosen the first option, but you have not accepted that people will counterpick you. You act like I have stabbed you in the back because I chose the second option. I used to be in your position. The difference is that when people CP'ed Wolf or Marth on me, I accepted it and tried to overcome the 70:30 matchup because that is the implied agreement you make with yourself when you choose a low tier and you stick with it. I, however, do not sit there with a sad expression on my face looking all butt hurt and get pissed off at you for beating me.

If you are that upset over being CP'ed, then you should've picked up Falco for DDD. Are you too proud to pick another character or are you too stubborn to learn the matchup? Either way, it doesn't matter. I understand how it feels to be CP'ed, but I do not understand your "Oh woe is me, I play low tier." It was your choice. Grow a pair and deal with it

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Shout Outss!

Gnes- Sorry for the crappy singles match. Also sorry for doing so bad in doubles. I'll do better next time =]

Dojo- Always fun to play you. I want to be the first TL to be able to beat you =] Congrats on first

Razer- I'm getting there.. I figured out what to do =] gg's

Rocket Trainer- Sucks what happened in your last match against phoenix alpha

UTD Zac- Great matches, look forward to playing you again

Phoenix Alpha- Fun playing you, your lucas really surprised me with some of the things you were doing.

Bear- CHEATER! lol, oh well, I dont even need to see your pikachu =]. Fun friendlies

Dphat- Fun friendlies, yea, I know the marth match up pretty well.

Phantom X- Funn time playing you and chatting. Lets wreck in teams this weekend

Santi- lol, I used your tag in one of my matches, and took up tap off. But I forgot to change it back.. soo check your name before you play. Sorry buddy =[

I prlly forgot alot of people, but i'm rushing these shoutouts.. really hungry. Cant wait to see you guys this weekend!

Gnes

Smash Master
Omg, are you still upset over that? What you need to realize is that you have to choose between two things. You either stick to a main for an entire tournament, or you have secondaries to take care of bad matchups.

If you decide to stick to a main, there are inherent problems that you have to accept, ESPECIALLY for a low tier. One of those is that you will be counterpicked. Most people, when they decide that they will do this option, accept that they will have to deal with huge adversities including 70:30 matchups or harder. They accept that they could possibly lose because of this option but take great pride in their character and think they can rise above the challenges.

The other choice is to have a secondary to back up their main. This is a much safer option, but doesn't offer as much pride in being a single character. Yoshi's tend to flock towards DDD to handle Marth and Wolf. DDD's look to Marth for G&W and Falco. MK's stick with MK because he's broken lol.

What you have done is chosen the first option, but you have not accepted that people will counterpick you. You act like I have stabbed you in the back because I chose the second option. I used to be in your position. The difference is that when people CP'ed Wolf or Marth on me, I accepted it and tried to overcome the 70:30 matchup because that is the implied agreement you make with yourself when you choose a low tier and you stick with it. I, however, do not sit there with a sad expression on my face looking all butt hurt and get pissed off at you for beating me.

If you are that upset over being CP'ed, then you should've picked up Falco for DDD. Are you too proud to pick another character or are you too stubborn to learn the matchup? Either way, it doesn't matter. I understand how it feels to be CP'ed, but I do not understand your "Oh woe is me, I play low tier." It was your choice. Grow a pair and deal with it
quoted for truth

diddy needs no secondary...only another banana. GTFO suspect

Top Bottom