• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Color affects gameplay?

Tylerfxm

Smash Rookie
NNID
twixfxm
3DS FC
0447-6758-8304
"I'm getting kinda tired of people who insist on rematches because they pick the wrong color. Come on. Does your color really affect your gameplay."

Thats what someone told me.

Well. To be honest i've always used red fox. Never changed never will. I supose i'm a little supersticious about it just like everyone else.

What do you guys think. Anyone feel their characters color helps them play to their fullest?

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Not in the least. I really don't mind what color I'm using.

So long as I'm using the right character.

★Malik★™

Smash Ace
well for me, no it doesn't
if you get destracted somehow
then yes..

but my character's color doesn't effect me....

i do think my characters color helps me in a game,

it makes the game more exciting, how? i don't know.

but yeah, every character i use, i got a certain colr for'em

just like everybody else..

i guess you can say its a good luck charm...

WaterTails

Smash Lord
Depending on the character, it could affect how you play, though, so, it's not necessarily Johns.
SBR Ruleset said:
Color Blind rule: Should a player have a color-based disability, he or she may request in a teams match to have a specific color for their team. This is so characters such as Lucario or Sonic can be granted the blue team so that there is not unnecessary confusion.

Tylerfxm

Smash Rookie
NNID
twixfxm
3DS FC
0447-6758-8304
It can make some people focus a little better, if they are with the favorite color of their character. But some people do just use it as an excuse for a reason that they lost.

TEECO

Smash Ace
No, they don't. People that are like "if im not (color) then im not playing" should seriously go drive off a daym bridge.

ROB, Snake, and Captain Falcon are sexy in all colors. Although I do have a preference.

Phantomwake

Smash Journeyman
G&W is notorious for being difficult to see when he blends in with the background
other than that I think if they want to change to a certain color before the match starts that is fine but it should not affect their play

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
It's more of a mental thing. By choosing their color, a person is kind of characterizing their fighter for their kind of personal flair. Soon they will become attached to that color as if it were a lucky shirt or something.

Still a dumb excuse though.

Uffe

Smash Hero
It's more of a mental thing.
There you have it. They're mindgaming themselves if they think a certain color helps them win. The only time I'll ever have a hard time playing is if the other player is using the same character as me with the same color. That gets confusing, no doubt.

Tacel

Smash Lord
I guess some people are just picky about it. No offense. Everyone's picky in their own way.

lax guy5

Smash Journeyman
Pikachu's blue goggles of death are pretty sexy but no, I don't think it affects gameplay at all. Unless I'm playing a Snake wearing the leopard stuff. :embarrass

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
None of the colours affect me. Well, except for turquoise G&W. That makes me go blind temporarily.

iDeo

Smash Journeyman
Basically when someone chooses a particular color for their character it adds some indivdiuality and makes the Brawler comfortable. Itz simply mental thing.

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
Ehh, it makes me feel like I have my own special color (I use a color most Diddy's don't use), makes it easier to look at your character with your 1st/2nd favorite color on him/her. And I'd imagine it would help colorblind people a little bit :dizzy:

Vecayse

Smash Apprentice
I'm colourblind, have red-green deficiency. This is probably why every character I use, I use the red colour. It just looks better to me and just looks better against other colours. (Like the background of FD)

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
When I use yellow kirby, my fsmash kills earlier.

I'm colourblind, have red-green deficiency. This is probably why every character I use, I use the red colour. It just looks better to me and just looks better against other colours. (Like the background of FD)
:colorful: !...Interesting...! :colorful:

AGuyNamedRaf

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure what I have as to colorblindness, but I usually have a hard time with Red and it's variations (like orange). So, I'm normally Green or Blue. Though, I don't complain about my slight color disorientation. :D

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
If you do worse because you're not playing with a certain color, it's just psychosomatic.

The only ones that MIGHT make sense are Wario and if anyone blends in with the background, because Wario has two different models which may feel pretty weird if you're using one you don't normally, and if someone blends into the background or stands out less than usual, then maybe that could cause issues.

Or if your color/model are close enough to your opponent's and you get mixed up and think you're them, but that's not all that common.

Top Bottom