• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Arcana~

I Am Thou
NNID
Orange-Shinobi
My first legit tourney as a Fox main went really well.

3rd place both singles and doubles :)

The venue is awesome, however the HD televisions had some lag on them, made it kind of feel like playing on wifi.

Aside from that everyone had fun.

Edit: Steam is now even furrier than before if that's believable.

Steam

Smash Hero
I will **** you next time lvl zero >:I

and it was hella fun. really disappointed in the turnout from the melee guys though. there is no reason I should be taking 3rd in melee singles.

Studmonger

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, Summit #1 was awesome. Thanks to everybody who showed up, there were some great matches and I got some good recordings (Even brawl GF and LF I think!) A special thanks to -Ran, not only for hosting this great event, but also for getting the smash scene stirring again. It's been a long time and that was an absolute blast!

Shoutouts:

Detto: Keepin' that triple taunt alive and well. Props for using Pichu.
Meno: You have a nice Peach, you gave me a run for my money. Keep it up, I'd love to see someone of your skill get good at this game!
DTL: For the fact that you didn't know how to pick Sheik, you did pretty darned well with her. Good games and I hope you keep playing.
Tate: Way to get your money back in all the Melee events; Keep it up! You're gonna start getting a lot better really quick.
KM Gamer: Great sets man, really great. Too bad you didn't realize how many sets there were :o You mighta won with that last stock Marth lol.
Steam: Way to get 3rd! I wish we would have played because you looked like you were doing really well. Keep up with Melee, you look like you'll be a strong contender.

Mikezor, Zeal, Ferdi, Lovo, Jeris, Dan, Roman, Knight, SDSG (SNSG) and his brother who was supposed to be rockin' it with Roy: Where. You. At.

Kyle and I: For being the only two people there who actually represented the Melee scene and for taking the tournament.

Thanks again everybody who showed up. I'll be in Nebraska for a family reunion during the next one, but I hope to see some more competition come December!

Bees!

Smash Ace
I would enter Melee but I have found that I hate fighting Marth more than anything in any game. So meh. Marth kinda ruins melee for me. >.>

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Well, lost in Brawl Singles, didn't get to enter Brawl Doubles, then lost in Melee Singles and got 2nd in Melee Doubles (which I didn't know was being held until right before it started). Ended up teaming up with Tate for Melee doubles. Also did some friendlies with SOAPy and -Ran and a couple other random guys. And I think I was the only R.O.B. main there. :T

Need to actually secure a Brawl/Melee partner for next month. Think you can make it for double R.O.B. in November, Bees? And maybe Tate again for double Jiggs.

Also, anyone know if there are other Pichu mains in Colorado? If there aren't I totally claim best Pichu in Colorado.
If there are other Pichus, I'm MMing them at the next tourney. And winning.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Whoever Z is I'm MMing him at Summit 2. *puts on game face*

And yeah SOAPy should pick up another character since MK got banned. Not sure who though.
Considering how campy he can be he wouldn't make a bad R.O.B.

Arcana~

I Am Thou
NNID
Orange-Shinobi
Steam just wants him to switch cause he got beat by that Yoshi? Or was that Meno..?

That guy is one good Yoshi.

Arcana~

I Am Thou
NNID
Orange-Shinobi
Well it was Meno SOAPy beat in singles, wish I saw that match. Meno claimed that he countered his style perfectly.

Studmonger

Smash Rookie
And this is why the Melee scene stinks. I'm trying to troll them for not coming and there aren't even any on smashboards to read it >.<

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Don't worry, I actually 4 stocked him, I was just being modest as to not hurt steam's ego.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
I didn't go because [inset excuse here].
Also I don't exist.

Yoshi getting 3 stocked by spelt and steam makes me sad though. I want to avenge the good yoshi name, but i'd probably doom yoshi to ganon tier. ;~;

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
I really enjoyed this entire tournament. Well run and tons of cool people, though I was definitely pretty sick of brawl in the last few hours.

Fishhh: Sorry if I wasn't the most fun opponent in GFs, I was dragged out and getting kinda cranky. Good **** on first as you're definitely the better player, but ALWAYS REMEMBER winners finals. ALWAYS. REMEMBER.

Soapy: Amazing Yoshi. Drop him and main Ice Climbers and you'll be winning tournaments in no time.

Meno: Terrible Yoshi. Fantastic **** in teams and I always love hanging with you. Chill as ****. I rocked the Catman costume though it was pretty hard in a party filled with bros. Whatever, chicks digged it.

Steam: LOL 3rd in melee. Steam so good. You and Fish looked sooo happy playing Snake in teams. Get a hair cut.

Lvl 0: That fox came out of nowhere. Good **** in singles. Plz secondary ICsss

George: Everybody loves you because you're awesome.

That Rob main...I think Detta?: You were really solid. And live in Boulder I think? Come over and play a bunch of smash

Ran: Super well run. Sorry I forgot to move your TV :( I was exhausted and completely spaced. Thanks for organizing this and giving us a grace period before coming in and ****** us all.

DTL: I kinda loved repping Toon Link again, but I for sure main Diddy now. mhm.

Steam

Smash Hero
Fishbait- I love you. and wavebouncing > my snake

DTL- I never played you, main G&W so I can understand that character someday. you also broke my heart by abandoning my lucario ;_;

Lvl 0- NEXT TIMEEEE. also the luigi vs. snake never happened. jamaal's headline went to waste!

Steam- you're a terrible lucario and a terrible person.

Meno- Lucario has tires for feet. Also I feel terrible that you lost to yoshi.

Soapy- HOW MANY DIFFERENT PEOPLE HAVE TO 3 STOCK YOUR YOSHI BEFORE YOU GIVE UP ON THAT WASTE OF A CHARACTER SLOT???

I- I don't think I said a word to you. at all

Detta- I never played you either. sadface.

Ran- great tourney ;D. I need to remember to bring nonlag TVs though

Bees- HIDING CUZ YOU KNEW YOU'D GET FAIR'D????

Top Bottom