• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Steam

Smash Hero
Well since Brawl has came out Utah has been to a couple tournaments in CO but how many times have you guys traveled to Utah?

none.
we've never said we were coming then bailed after you threw together a tourney for us.

and I was never around for CO vs UT stuff... neither was fish... or bees?

**** talking people who are gone :o

dettadeus

Smash Lord
dettadeus, how can I get to your place? Also, when's the next fest?
I'll PM you the address, but it's near 55th and Arapahoe.

I'll try and host another fest at my place this week. Then there's NDK next week and I plan to be there all of Saturday and see how many things I can get banned as I win the tournament. :p

-Mars-

Smash Hero
we've never said we were coming then bailed after you threw together a tourney for us.

That's not the point. The point is talking stuff about people bailing on traveling hundreds of miles and spending money to go to your tournaments when you've never attempted to do the same for them.

All these states always invite Utah to go to this and go to that.....how bout you guys meet us in Vegas or something or *gasp* even come to Utah? These are far drives and we've done them before but we cant be driving all over the earth all the time

You ever even been Out of State before Steam?

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Also, last I heard, X, who was driving, ended up having to go to Cali that weekend on short notice for family matters. Family>smash... I know they all wanted to go on that trip for the concert and tourney, but there are times when you just can't do everything you wanted to.
:phone:

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
If Utah comes to GH2, I pledge to go to Utah for a tourney :D

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
That would be sweet to go to, but I don't see how I would be able to make a 17 hour one way trip twice in a weekend during school.. Maybe next summer or something.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Yea unfortunately I have work and school as well that's way too far in a single weekend that doesn't include a holiday.

See what I mean CO it's not so easy!!!!

Throw something over christmas break???

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
How about CO, we throw like a big *** tourny as our hype tournament for Apex for those going and how it would be a great get together tourney anyways? We could have Utah, CO, KS and others possibly?

Jorgeme

Smash Cadet
How about CO, we throw like a big *** tourny as our hype tournament for Apex for those going and how it would be a great get together tourney anyways? We could have Utah, CO, KS and others possibly?

How about we have another Summit first? Why did we stop these?

dettadeus

Smash Lord
March 3rd: Summit 3
April 21st: No Excuses!
May 26th: Summit 4
June: Nothing for some reason
July: Pre-Z and Z3
August: WHOBO (and I hosted smashfests)
September 29th: Get Hype II (GET HYPE!)

We've either had other tournaments or our TO's have been busy. We could have a mini tourney at NDK if their ruleset is garbage but that'd be like a $35 venue fee to get in for the day.

I'm sure Summits will start up again in October though.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Id be willing to come up to CO for something, and so long as you give me a good month or so's notice, I could take charge in getting people down there, meaning we wont cancel haha. Depending on the car, I myself should be able to get at least 5 people with me, and if more people want to come as well in their own car, that could be very likely.

Bees!

Smash Ace

I lost to Utah people(X and Yazaknight) when I first started playing competitively(back in 2009 before I started placing top 3). I would say with confidence now that the only person I am worried about is X. The rest of Utah doesn't really worry me.(not saying that you guys are free at all, just that I fear X because he plays a character I have 0 MU experience against and his brother mains the character I mained up until recently.)
Id be willing to come up to CO for something, and so long as you give me a good month or so's notice, I could take charge in getting people down there, meaning we wont cancel haha. Depending on the car, I myself should be able to get at least 5 people with me, and if more people want to come as well in their own car, that could be very likely.
Do it. I would love to meet more Utah. I only remember X, Yaz and Sinz. They were all really nice so it would be cool to meet more Utah people.

Also this is a reminder to anyone wanting to play Brawl during this weekend and next weekend even, we have the meetup in Colorado Springs going on. Same place Garden of the Gods McDonalds off of I-25 Garden of the Gods exit. 7pm-11pm. However if enough people from Denver and stuff come down, I can get stuff together to meet earlier so we can get more games in. I really need to break in my ZSS.

Jorgeme

Smash Cadet
March 3rd: Summit 3
April 21st: No Excuses!
May 26th: Summit 4
June: Nothing for some reason
July: Pre-Z and Z3
August: WHOBO (and I hosted smashfests)
September 29th: Get Hype II (GET HYPE!)

We've either had other tournaments or our TO's have been busy. We could have a mini tourney at NDK if their ruleset is garbage but that'd be like a $35 venue fee to get in for the day.

I'm sure Summits will start up again in October though.
I was under the impression that you and Dan had taken over the Summits which is why I asked. So if you want to start again in October you guys should schedule now. That way us lazy none scheduling types will still have a tourny to go to!

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I lost to Utah people(X and Yazaknight) when I first started playing competitively(back in 2009 before I started placing top 3). I would say with confidence now that the only person I am worried about is X. The rest of Utah doesn't really worry me.(not saying that you guys are free at all, just that I fear X because he plays a character I have 0 MU experience against and his brother mains the character I mained up until recently.
Lol yea rest of Utah is soooooooo free

DeLux

lol, KS will come and take all the money, even if Utah shows ;)

dettadeus

Smash Lord
I wanna host a house tourney in December.

My basement isn't as big as Dan's though. :T

I'll start looking for good dates for a Summit 5 in October and start getting stuff organized with Dan and GameShack.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I am super excited for Summit 5 if it is going to be a big tournament! ^^

Regardless of the tournament placings, playing a bunch of people will be fun/experience in of itself and will be great practice before APEX.

Speaking of which, for Summit, anyone willing to double since I know my usual partner won't be able to make it.

Have the slightest urge to get Detta to do Lucas/ICs with me because that team is soooo fun. ;P

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Have the slightest urge to get Detta to do Lucas/ICs with me because that team is soooo fun. ;P
I totally would but I promised SunnySunny I'd do Jiggs/Lucario Anubis with him after gaying him out so terribly at Z3 (in loser's bracket, no less, and after he got me like 6 packs of pocky for mailing him his controller).

We can try it out at my smashfest if someone actually gives you a ride. :p

Also in case people didn't hear, smash at my place at 6 again this saturday.

DeLux

Oh, I namesearched to "J" talking about me about the Lucas MU and how it's not +2 ICs lol

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Haha my and Chunky are different, but I'm just the biggest Lucas Researcher/helper for the Lucas boards.

ICs being -2 is silly. But why is my name is quotes? =P

And alright Detta, sounds like a plan.

Bees!

Smash Ace
Dont worry Bees, I play Bowser, Im free. You got this.
I play a ****ty Robot. I am currently trying to play a less ****ty, sexy female bounty hunter. I would love to play a Bowser though that isn't named Steam. Fun fact: Steam is also the best Yoshi in Colorado.

Lol yea rest of Utah is soooooooo free
That is exactly what I said only it isn't at all. ;)

DeLux

Haha my and Chunky are different, but I'm just the biggest Lucas Researcher/helper for the Lucas boards.

ICs being -2 is silly. But why is my name is quotes? =P

And alright Detta, sounds like a plan.

What ICs have you played >_>

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
What ICs have you played >_>
Doesn't really matter of my experiences since I barely go to tournaments haha. (planning on changing that plus 1 lucas =/= all Lucas') However, the other Lucas mains do well against ICs and it is definitely not a -2 MU like our other -2 MUs. However, we should talk sometime about the MU because T-Block suggested we should.

Top Bottom