• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Fun stuff today folks. Good games to all.
Garrett, don't get discouraged on blazblue. Just keep thinking during matches, and mixing things up. Your nu is still fairly linear.

Good games in brawl to peter and spencer. Get grabbed less by ddd. Is winning strategy.

NO MARIO PARTY MAKES ME SAD.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
There actually wasn't any Mario Party?

And Peter and Spencer were there???

/frown

Sudai

Stuff here
Underload, yesterday someone in Louisiana told me I'm supposed to beat you at Brawl to make him feel better about himself? Don't remember who it was. XD

MK.II

Smash Rookie
If I have a smashfest next week, would anyone want to come?
Probably. Depends on the day, but probably.

Also, Jamaal needs to get a Mario Party that isn't on DS. Next time I'll bring the Mario Party for reals.

And good games to everyone and such. I was sad that Manny didn't show up though. :(

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
Good games everybody. Good games!

Garret, same thing Tim said to you. You're pretty linear. I know it's probably **** near impossible to do the instant overhead/cancel but use your teleport more. Don't let the other player know that you're limited on option because then the match because a 50:50 guessing game with the swords where you're eventually gonna get hit since you do drop a lot of combos. Don't get discouraged still. Just play your best and forget the rest.

Also, since you mentioned it but I don't think you heard Deets or I, Nickel-A-Play in Aurora is the best place to play DDR in Colorado. 5 songs, Joint-Premium, 50 cents. The very few rare times we go, no one is playing. Costs like 2.50 to get in. So not a bad offer.

And Spencer, I've notice you've gotten better since we last played. I had little opportunities to punish your Drives because you weren't using them as much (in bad ways.) You threw out a few random Flash Kicks that were free damage cause I blocked, but outside of that, you're playing a lot more solid, hitting combos, and the like. Just work on your mix-up/cross-up game and being overall faster and you'll be pretty solid.

I don't think I played anyone (in Blaz) else besides Deets and Tim *grumble stupid RC into wiffed grab*

Also, Jamaal needs to get a Mario Party that isn't on DS. Next time I'll bring the Mario Party for reals.

And good games to everyone and such. I was sad that Manny didn't show up though. :(
I still followed what I said I was gonna do! But yeah, I shoulda posted that all I could find was my Mario Party DS.

I still got sum'o dat money off ya though. Prepare for me to take even more next time on Mario Party instead of Blaz. ;)

And you just made me LOL irl for the first time in a while. :laugh:
Well awesome that you are Lolz'n IRL, worrisome that it's been "for the first time in a while." :| ?

Steam

Smash Hero
BTW, I'm considering buying SSF4 for PS3 and maybe getting into it. though I'm not sure what fight stick would be the best/most reliable to get. any suggestions on fight sticks guys?

iDoLiZeD

Smash Cadet
Hey Tim, I was going to buy a new HDD around Tuesday or so. Then I'll come drop off my HDD to install XP or Win7.

Tranzworld

Smash Apprentice
Fun stuff today folks. Good games to all.
Garrett, don't get discouraged on blazblue. Just keep thinking during matches, and mixing things up. Your nu is still fairly linear.

Good games in brawl to peter and spencer. Get grabbed less by ddd. Is winning strategy.

NO MARIO PARTY MAKES ME SAD.
Okay first IM REALLY FREAKIN' SORRY I DIDN'T BRING MARIO PARTY D:<

Good games everybody. Good games!

Garret, same thing Tim said to you. You're pretty linear. I know it's probably **** near impossible to do the instant overhead/cancel but use your teleport more. Don't let the other player know that you're limited on option because then the match because a 50:50 guessing game with the swords where you're eventually gonna get hit since you do drop a lot of combos. Don't get discouraged still. Just play your best and forget the rest.

Also, since you mentioned it but I don't think you heard Deets or I, Nickel-A-Play in Aurora is the best place to play DDR in Colorado. 5 songs, Joint-Premium, 50 cents. The very few rare times we go, no one is playing. Costs like 2.50 to get in. So not a bad offer.

Second, thanks for both of your comments. I've been watching the japanese nu's alot (and the japanese lambda's even more) and I think i'm starting to see where my problems are.

Also the combo dropping is partially because i'm halfways used to a stick and halfway used to a pad, it really sucks when you're sure a button is where X finger is and then you drop your combo halfway through -_-. Oh and it doesn't help that I keep thinking that 2DD combos into 2147D > 5DD > 6DD >etc. etc. like it does in CS.

My only question is, i've read and watched alot about Act pulsar and the options out of it feel SO limited, is the goal supposed to be like:

5DD > Act Pulsar > 3C(blocked) > 2C(blocked) > Act Pulsar?

Or something to get out? That's where i'm sure because if you get blocked up close then most characters are basically in, which sucks.

Either way, i'm gonna keep playing and won't be dropping BB anytime soon, I love the feel the game has.

GG's to Tim, Yang, Spencer, Tony, Peter, Jason, annnnnnnnnddddd anyone else who I played, but i think thats it.

Oh and one last thing, I don't really like DDR, I prefer ITG.

I LOVE YOU COLORADO :D

Arcana~

I Am Thou
NNID
Orange-Shinobi
I'm guessing nothing major is going on all through July? Probably just a few fests every other week or so?

eet

Smash Ace
Hey so you guys play rhythm games? Is there any DDR/ITG (dont like piu) near Woodland Park/Colorado Springs? or does anyone know if there is any Pop'n Music arcade machines?

We have one in Louisiana for no reason, and Im addicted to the game. :D

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Well awesome that you are Lolz'n IRL, worrisome that it's been "for the first time in a while." :| ?
Lol, sometimes I just say "a while" when I don't know exactly how long it's been. But I was Loling irl a bit in the ROB social recently, so that counts. XD

Tranzworld

Smash Apprentice
Hey so you guys play rhythm games? Is there any DDR/ITG (dont like piu) near Woodland Park/Colorado Springs? or does anyone know if there is any Pop'n Music arcade machines?

We have one in Louisiana for no reason, and Im addicted to the game. :D

ahahahahahahahahaha.

There's an extreme machine at Mr. Biggs and...yeah that's about it for rhythm games

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
Second, thanks for both of your comments. I've been watching the japanese nu's alot (and the japanese lambda's even more) and I think i'm starting to see where my problems are.

Also the combo dropping is partially because i'm halfways used to a stick and halfway used to a pad, it really sucks when you're sure a button is where X finger is and then you drop your combo halfway through -_-. Oh and it doesn't help that I keep thinking that 2DD combos into 2147D > 5DD > 6DD >etc. etc. like it does in CS.

My only question is, i've read and watched alot about Act pulsar and the options out of it feel SO limited, is the goal supposed to be like:

5DD > Act Pulsar > 3C(blocked) > 2C(blocked) > Act Pulsar?

Or something to get out? That's where i'm sure because if you get blocked up close then most characters are basically in, which sucks.

Either way, i'm gonna keep playing and won't be dropping BB anytime soon, I love the feel the game has.

GG's to Tim, Yang, Spencer, Tony, Peter, Jason, annnnnnnnnddddd anyone else who I played, but i think thats it.

Oh and one last thing, I don't really like DDR, I prefer ITG.

The point is to make your opponent guess when you Act Pulsar. Are you going to warp behind them, infront of them. Basically you wanna make them block more and hopefully get mixed-up/crossed-up. One Act Pulsar is fine, you don't need to spam it. Otherwise you lose the option of cross-up, cause if you're close, you're gonna go behind no matter what and they'll know how to block/input their next move.

Act Pulsar = Added pressure, mix-up, and cross-up. Worry less about the options after it, and worry more about how to use the fact you can teleport around your opponent. You got a fast low and a mid, you'll remain decently safe.

1st: Eff you Pump is hella tight! :laugh:

2nd There is a Stepmania cab in Mr.Biggs, not an Extreme. It 's a pretty cool cab, but since I seldom care enough to play DDR, I rarely play it. I assume it's in real good condition though.

There WAS a Pop'n Music in Biggs also. Last I heard though it got sold to some other arcade. So prolly not there anymore. Plenty of Pumps around the state though, including said Mr. Biggs. Pretty sure you should just play that. It's more fun, better music, harder blahblahblah etcetcetc

Lol, sometimes I just say "a while" when I don't know exactly how long it's been. But I was Loling irl a bit in the ROB social recently, so that counts. XD
Oh, I getcha... You're some Scandinavian princess who is hard to please even in the slightest without her court jesters! Your humor is such a refined palette that no mere peasant is able to tickle your level of comedic pleasure!

But f'realz, I getcha ;P

Everyone Ever said:
They say that cat Colorado is one bad mutha--

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Oh, I getcha... You're some Scandinavian princess who is hard to please even in the slightest without her court jesters! Your humor is such a refined palette that no mere peasant is able to tickle your level of comedic pleasure!

But f'realz, I getcha ;P
:laugh: Omg lol. +1 for talking like it too. Awesome.

So many people I dont know heh.

See you all in a week!
:(:(:(

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
Man, Colorado is a cool place with cool people. I wish all the cool people ever could live here. I'll make a giant castle like in a Suikoden game (prepares for reference to be completely missed.)

Come home Cliche, Flux, Barronator! Move here Sapphire family, Sudai family, and guys from Wyoming...family! No, Wyoming isn't close enough!

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
Mr. Biggs. The cabinet is owned by Spork, which is recognized as #1 in DDR here in Colorado. It's in very good condition.

There's a DDR and an ITG machine in the Citadel Mall, but they're complete ****. The owners don't take care of them.

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
BTW, I'm considering buying SSF4 for PS3 and maybe getting into it. though I'm not sure what fight stick would be the best/most reliable to get. any suggestions on fight sticks guys?
It's up to you. I'll bring my TE sticks that MadCatz made (probably the only good item they've made) on Friday's and you can test them out. They also made a smaller version of it, but I don't have them. I like my arcade sticks heavy.

The MadCatz sticks are good for beginners like us.

Top Bottom