• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
the madcatz arcade stick are absolutely top of the line. it isnt good for just beginners, it allows for ridiculous amounts of modding if you're good enough at that sort of thing. i know a lot of people immediately replaced the sanwa knockoff buttons for seimitsu.

i know madcatz has always produced ****ty 3rd party knockoffs but these babies are the real deal. they're so good they're considered an official rival to HORI's sticks as well as MAS system sticks.

really, the only reason you wont be able to get these is the price. i got mine for 100$ when there was a sale but it's definitely worth it.

ferdi edit:

type 2204355 into google and click i'm feeling lucky

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Man, Colorado is a cool place with cool people. I wish all the cool people ever could live here. I'll make a giant castle like in a Suikoden game (prepares for reference to be completely missed.)

Come home Cliche, Flux, Barronator! Move here Sapphire family, Sudai family, and guys from Wyoming...family! No, Wyoming isn't close enough!
*Should play a Suikoden game just to get the reference* (More like wiki Suikoden, lul)

Also eet's family, too. :p And I'd love to move my family here, that would be so awesome! I just need some anesthesia and about 6 or 7 vans... Oh yeah, and all the manpower you can find. Anesthesia doesn't last for too long. :)

ferdi edit:

type 2204355 into google and click i'm feeling lucky
:laugh:

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
*noob question*

what's the difference in the standard and tournament? what makes the TE better?
The differences between the basic and Tournament Edition Fight Sticks are minimal, at least to the naked eye, but Capcom made sure to send some love to owners of the Tournament Edition Fight Stick, duly noted by their seal of approval on the carrying box. Apart from being slightly wider and heavier (6.5 pounds), it has a Sanwa joystick and buttons (which last much, much longer than standard buttons) and has a compartment for the four-meter USB cord. On that note, it would have been nice if the fight stick was also wireless (look, even with the possible lag, if Guitar Hero and Rock Band instruments can be near-flawlessly responsive, then there shouldn’t too much of a problem). The artwork is a decal fused on the bottom of an acrylic sheet, as opposed to the basic fight stick which has its decal on a metal plate, so it’s more easily replaceable.

That might not be enough for casual fans to upgrade from the standard model, but to you thrifty spenders, a word of caution: The regular edition stick has been reported to have a design defect that damages the stick. The washer at the bottom of the joystick has been alleged to cause the locking of the joystick in certain places and the wearing away of the protective covering over the microswitches.

So i guess the buttons and size is really the major difference. Apparently the standard uses the knockoff buttons while the TE uses genuine Sanwa parts, both buttons and joystick. In the end though I think it comes to personal preference. I LOVE the amount of space the TE gives, seriously, it offers ridiculous amount of hand mobility compared to the standard edition and like Z said it's heavier and I like it to be able to stay in place while I play.

My best advice, try them all and see which one you like best. Tim has a standard fightstick, me/yang/z/jamaal has the TE, and tranz has a HORI 3(not sure which one it is)? wait wait wait KAZE also has the WII fightstick which is offered by both madcatz and HORI.

Note that HORI sticks also come with a different button layout that you may or may not prefer.

eet

Smash Ace
I guess Im gonna have to learn BlazeBlue now...

also is Mr. Biggs in CO Springs? is it a bad *** arcade?

and sapphire, do you live in CO?? Im confused but also too lazy to highlight your blue font to read it.

Tranzworld

Smash Apprentice

and sapphire, do you live in CO?? Im confused but also too lazy to highlight your blue font to read it.

Learn Blazblue, good idea.

It's not a real arcade, i've been there once and i felt the quality of the machines was rather poor (like all of colorado)

Sapphire still lives in LA i think, but is moving to colorado soon.

Cliche-Guevara

Smash Cadet
Anyone still have ps2 sticks?

I think Tony and I are gonna have another IOU GGAC match.

SuperEdits!: Yes, my name is a reference to the Against Me! song. Been using it in games for quite a few years now, actually just after Eternal Cowboy came out.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Apex hype!

Lol. XD Are you using Revolution and is your screen on max brightness?

Anyway, no, I wish I lived in CO, lol. I plan on moving there. An uncle and aunt already live there so it's easier to move there than other places. California is also an option, but I like Colorado better.

eet

Smash Ace
Ohh yeah haha, sudai told me. I think, actually, I know who you are, think we played irl once lol But yeah I use the Smash Blue I think? I dunno its blue and grey? And thats hilarious we all lived in LA, and are all moving to CO

Also ****ing Pretty lights at Red Rocks in august.
and pretty lights is pro, I was gonna see them but Infected mushroom was playing in new orleans so I had to get high and go to that D: I might be down for goin see that

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice

Yayz, BluBallz!

The only machines in there that I really saw taken care of is the Beatmania IDXX and the DDR machine.

Steam

Smash Hero
I'm the bluballz guy around here >:(

edit: thanks guys, I'll try 'em both out when I get back at a mcfest or something and make up my mind then.

editedit: so the player named inspire is coming to colorado springs in about a month. He's a Socal Lucario main who basically was the biggest influence on me as a player. I gonna try and see if he can go to a mcfest.

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
*Should play a Suikoden game just to get the reference* (More like wiki Suikoden, lul)

Also eet's family, too. :p And I'd love to move my family here, that would be so awesome! I just need some anesthesia and about 6 or 7 vans... Oh yeah, and all the manpower you can find. Anesthesia doesn't last for too long. :)

:laugh:
Oops, I thought the Eet family was also the Sudai family. I guess I just remembered wrong :( Then +1 Eet Family. +10 Vans with no windows for transportation they don't know about yet~

No! **** that! Play a Suikoden game that isn't on DS! And tell the haters to suck it (dancing around like in my sig is prefered,) Suikoden 4 was actually pretty good.

This! More people should definitely learn BlazBlue. You'll play with cool people like me....and me... and Tranz! ...but mostly me.

Well, on the bright side it's an easy way for me to love you! <3

Also, it's not a BA arcade at all. Initial D v3 is cool, when it works. The Super Turbo cab they have there is supposedly pretty bad. And going off what CloudChaser said, the only two machines in constant good condition are the DDR machine and the IIDX machine. That's because the arcade tech there is a fan of said games, so he puts all his time and passion into those two games.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Oops, I thought the Eet family was also the Sudai family. I guess I just remembered wrong :( Then +1 Eet Family. +10 Vans with no windows for transportation they don't know about yet~

No! **** that! Play a Suikoden game that isn't on DS! And tell the haters to suck it (dancing around like in my sig is prefered,) Suikoden 4 was actually pretty good.
Lol yes. Vans with no windows~ :D

And lmao. XD I see then~ I'll have to try it out one day, then.

I'm awesome.
This.

Haha well ... my family can stay in Louisiana (trust me).
Now I'm curious. :o

Tranzworld

Smash Apprentice
Whatever jamaal i'm almost as half as cool as you D: ...

On the bright side I learned two random mixup combos that aren't too bad damage wise and i'm working on my teleport crossups yeaaah

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
I don't get it. I spam, I troll, I flame, I do ****ing everything and I can't take a mods first infraction :(

I completely would've had the Toon Link one but Twink wasn't on and Bionic Sonic beat him...I've already gotten like ten from that guy.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I'm awesome.
Wow, me too!
I don't get it. I spam, I troll, I flame, I do ****ing everything and I can't take a mods first infraction :(

I completely would've had the Toon Link one but Twink wasn't on and Bionic Sonic beat him...I've already gotten like ten from that guy.
You want an infraction? Whatever, your trolling lacks charisma. To simply make a ruckus is droning but easily filtered; give people a reason to notice you. Troll in a way that you're not competing with a thousand under-bridge dwelling morons.
Kitties <3

Top Bottom