• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
umm, if i let my rods sit there consistently then people are gonna have no problem jumping over them in the first place. but you are right, i should vary the times i sword iris to make it harder to approach.

http://i54.tinypic.com/2hzrfux.jpg
both ragna and rachel's 6a hitboxes are out for 2 frames, above is a screenshot of both their 6a's during the second frame the hitbox is active.

yes, the hitbox is fine during the first frame, but nowhere near fine during the second. and DEFINITELY not how an anti-air should look.

I personally have been hit out of 6a at least 90% of the times i've tried. and if you ask most competent rachels they'll say 6a is a bad move too. there's even a wishlist thread on the rachel forums on dustloop for changes in cs2 and the number 2 most wanted change on there is a good anti-air (number one thing is more damage).

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/show...g-must-be-done&p=692850&viewfull=1#post692850

oh hey look, one of the best carl's in california saying 6a is trash.
Umm, if you let them sit there the whole time without igniting them, yeah. If you leave them there until you see an IAD start up, then no.

Time your 61 better, also use it for deep jump ins. Otherwise, I guess you could use cat chair?

And (I'm assuming you're talking about) zong_one doesn't play Rachel? Last time the "best Carl in Cali" came down he said I was a better Carl.

Zong IS actually better than me, but yeah. Don't let the forums dictate your playstyle, nor a player's status tell you whether you should listen to him or not. I mean, every time M2k loses to a character, he says they're higher on the tier list than they really are. There's maybe one mediocre Rachel in the entire US. Not a single good one. She's bottom tier, but so are the people that stuck with her.

Just sezzin'.

Either way, if you're serious about the game and (unfortunately) serious about maining Rachel, you need to work on varying what you do. You pretty much almost always set 3 sword iris one character length apart from each other and ignite them immediately. You camp when you don't have the life lead, and you don't use wind for ridiculous cross-ups (that's pretty much all she has now, to my knowledge). I'm not being an ***, just tellin ya. I didn't feel pressured once while playing vs you. Granted, Carl vs Rachel is ~almost~ as lopsided as CS Rach vs Carl, but there was no threat at all.

Though if you've been playing for less than 1-2 months, or this is your first time on stick, I can kinda understand. Not everyone adapts as fast as Moblin did.

Does anyone know Toby?

He is Asian.

Claims to be the best marth in COLORADO

Says he beat m2k 2x at supercon.

Shin is talking to his friend. I want to see if anyone knows him.
No, he's not. Yang is better. I could probably beat him despite never practicing. He's just another braggart that's going to have lame excuses as to why he can't come play and get owned by us.

Like I've said before about CO Melee, if I haven't heard of you, most the people I know can beat you. I've never been wrong in the 4+ years of saying this, souhhhhh...

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
You could've at least put up the better lyrical, and original, version of it! Salty runback on that!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
:urg:
:)

But yeah, that style is way hot for a music video. And Hokuto no Ken is as manly as it gets.
Oh crap! Im sorry! I didn't even realize there was a lyrical one. xD I thought that was the orginal~! Lyrical one is much more delicious~! <3

And dooods maining rachel ain't that bad of a fate. In the patch shes gonna be much better, or atleast she should be depending on how much ya believe in the almighty phrase "overall damage increase." But yea, even though shes bad now, shes gonna get a boost later on, so it doesn't hurt to brush up on your rachel skills at the cost of being a handicapped player for a bit.

Surprisingly bang doesn't seem like hes gonna get nerfed much. Slower 5b and 5c, and heavenly phoenix (aerial DP) doesn't wall bounce, but he still seems beastly with his mix up.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Umm, if you let them sit there the whole time without igniting them, yeah. If you leave them there until you see an IAD start up, then no.

Time your 61 better, also use it for deep jump ins. Otherwise, I guess you could use cat chair?

And (I'm assuming you're talking about) zong_one doesn't play Rachel? Last time the "best Carl in Cali" came down he said I was a better Carl.

Zong IS actually better than me, but yeah. Don't let the forums dictate your playstyle, nor a player's status tell you whether you should listen to him or not. I mean, every time M2k loses to a character, he says they're higher on the tier list than they really are. There's maybe one mediocre Rachel in the entire US. Not a single good one. She's bottom tier, but so are the people that stuck with her.

Just sezzin'.

Either way, if you're serious about the game and (unfortunately) serious about maining Rachel, you need to work on varying what you do. You pretty much almost always set 3 sword iris one character length apart from each other and ignite them immediately. You camp when you don't have the life lead, and you don't use wind for ridiculous cross-ups (that's pretty much all she has now, to my knowledge). I'm not being an ***, just tellin ya. I didn't feel pressured once while playing vs you. Granted, Carl vs Rachel is ~almost~ as lopsided as CS Rach vs Carl, but there was no threat at all.

Though if you've been playing for less than 1-2 months, or this is your first time on stick, I can kinda understand. Not everyone adapts as fast as Moblin did.
I'm not using a forum to dictate how I play. But I realize 6a is a bad move so I don't use it. But I do use things as replacements depending on the situation. Chair is one of them

As for how I played in the match, I realize i played bad. Partly because I suck at using a stick and partly because I never play any decent carls/litchis so I have no clue what to do, but it's generally not a good idea to approach Carl while nirvana is around him, so I was trying to wait for you to try and attack me with her before i tried to wind in, but it didn't happen so i stood there like an idiot because honestly there's nothing better to do in that situation, or at least nothing that I thought of.

And I realize I need to work on my shield pressure. I mention this to moblin like daily. But overall I don't think there's much more improving I can do to my Rachel, and most of the stuff I need to work on is general fighting game skills, like shield pressure, reaction time, etc. And I know it doesn't seem like it but I really do appreciate the critiquing because I know there's a lot I can improve on.

Also I'm in the process of learning Jin, and I'm gonna try to learn vallenhayn as well. I'll see who i like better.

iDoLiZeD

Smash Cadet
hey roman i play MS on Khaini now add me, FerdiForever
did you just start? I moved to Broa... xD

And new world Zenith is cool.

but I can make a character on Khaini...

Or..you can just come over to one of those worlds. Delete your character now, reuse the name.

*ph yeah, getting NX stuff for free at character creation is cool huh

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Surprisingly bang doesn't seem like hes gonna get nerfed much. Slower 5b and 5c, and heavenly phoenix (aerial DP) doesn't wall bounce, but he still seems beastly with his mix up.
And his reversal super losing invincibility and being slower. And his 6b not knocking down. And doing 2k dmg with a combo midscreen. He had his mixups in CT, and he was still bottom tier. Don't underestimate how bad arksys is at balance.

As for how I played in the match, I realize i played bad. Partly because I suck at using a stick and partly because I never play any decent carls/litchis so I have no clue what to do, but it's generally not a good idea to approach Carl while nirvana is around him, so I was trying to wait for you to try and attack me with her before i tried to wind in, but it didn't happen so i stood there like an idiot because honestly there's nothing better to do in that situation, or at least nothing that I thought of.
To fight carl: Rush him down. Don't worry about him being next to nirvana, that's fine. Worry about him and nirvana sandwiching you. If you avoid that, he's doomed.

To fight litchi: Gold burst into super.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hmm, I'll try that. Thanks.

gold burst > super combo with rachel only does like 2k since bursting requires wind because arcsys is dumb.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
6b I don't mind to much being gone. I used 5c over it anyways as my primary overhead~!
His damage isn't being nerfed, just his moves becoming a lil less broken. Daifunka still does a **** ton of damage, and his combos still link fairly well into each other. I just wanna know exactly how slow 5b and and 5c are becoming. Those were like my bread and butter for combo filler on the ground.

But yea, i'll stick with bang even if hes crap tier. All I ask is that his mix up, daifunka, and his command grab stay the same.

OH! And that Daifunka combos into his reversal super! Not because it was damaging but because it was cool to do. :3

" I am....No we are, BANG!!" ~Bang

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Gold burst into super isn't about damage, it's about morale killing.

Bang's 6b is the most under-respected move in all of BB. It's only punishable with instant block, it goes airborne for throw/low invincibility, it can be RC'd into another overhead instantly or into mixups, and can punish things that usually are only punishable by dash>5a because of the range and forward movement. I'd suggest learning to love it if you really want to be a bang.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Oooh maybe. I don't think 6b is bread and butter for bang but i'll give it a shot. I need some more RC mix up anyways. '3'

Also yea, poor tao got hit pretty hard by then nerf stick. ;~; But she gets more HP and I think she still does like 4K damage for her combos~! Oh, and a move that imitate her old cat spirit 2 from CT~! I never played that game, but Espy says its really good for oki~!

Also Arakuna = The almighty Overall damage decrease
YEEEEEEEY~! :D

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Actually, based on what word has come out from japan, rachel and tager are both amazing in cs2.

And it's demoralizing to die to a gold burst no matter who you is.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Actually, based on what word has come out from japan, rachel and tager are both amazing in cs2.
really? all i've heard is that she sucks, unless she's in the corner, where she's mediocre. also that they haven't even found any new good bnb's for her. i hope this has changed.

Edit: nevermind, read through that cs2 thread. tager looks scary as ****. 5 primers off of 1 block string...

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I'm not using a forum to dictate how I play. But I realize 6a is a bad move so I don't use it. But I do use things as replacements depending on the situation. Chair is one of them

And I realize I need to work on my shield pressure. I mention this to moblin like daily. But overall I don't think there's much more improving I can do to my Rachel, and most of the stuff I need to work on is general fighting game skills, like shield pressure, reaction time, etc. And I know it doesn't seem like it but I really do appreciate the critiquing because I know there's a lot I can improve on.

Also I'm in the process of learning Jin, and I'm gonna try to learn vallenhayn as well. I'll see who i like better.
6a is JCable on block still, yeah?

So that still makes it a semi-viable AA attack, if only for it having invul (no matter how small) and being safe on block due to JC. If it isn't, then nvm.

Tim already addressed what you need to do vs Carl. Keep him on D. If he gets to zone and you're not Litchi/Mu/Maaaaaaaybe Hazama, then gj, you already lost. Also, the robot punch has ridiculous blockstun and makes setting up sandwiches really easy.

Learn Jin. He'll at least give you the basics of 2dfighters. And if you're going to stick with Rachel, learn to pull off her combos. 1.8k is still better than 800 damage.

Oooh maybe. I don't think 6b is bread and butter for bang but i'll give it a shot. I need some more RC mix up anyways. '3'

Also yea, poor tao got hit pretty hard by then nerf stick. ;~; But she gets more HP and I think she still does like 4K damage for her combos~! Oh, and a move that imitate her old cat spirit 2 from CT~! I never played that game, but Espy says its really good for oki~!

Also Arakuna = The almighty Overall damage decrease
YEEEEEEEY~! :D
How does 6b relate to RC mixups? 6b is a dumb move that I hate because I never predict it in time to IB it and punish it. It's stupid stupid stupid. :(

doing 2k with a super doesn't seem very demoralizing... :c

no.
It is when you were going for a grab combo that would have been 5.6k meterless (or 4k in my case, cuz I'm too lazy to learn my real combos), and instead of making a comeback, you lose. :(

Tager isn't nearly as bad once you lose to him 700 times
If you're losing to Tager that much, you're either playing vs MikeZ, or are doing it wrong.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Just read through the known Carl CS2 changes. He loses his broken damage, Nirvana takes more damage from attacks, and if she dies you're in trouble for a really really long time.

BUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut

He finally has a real AA (THANK YOU!). We're talking CS1 Ragna 6a, from what I'm hearing.
3d picks people up from the ground, giving him gadget finger style oki. Yesssssss.
Volante eats other projectiles. :D
and a few other changes. These are the big ones.

Oh, but he's even worse when he's being pressured now, as vivace A (the roll I use to get outta pressure) now has absolutely no invul. :(

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
How does 6b relate to RC mixups? 6b is a dumb move that I hate because I never predict it in time to IB it and punish it. It's stupid stupid stupid. :(
It can be RC into ANOTHER 6b :D Americans don't know how to block overheads~!
And yea, I only use it when the opponents getting up, and I swear man it hasn't failed once yet. I use it pretty sparingly though. :<

Wow and your Carl player Zeal? Thats rare~! What can Carl do now though to get outta pressure? It seems like they left him with nothing to get outta the corner with. ._.

EDIT: Also, im kinda concerned about my RC skills. I never use em. Im not sure if bang is suppose to but, I dunno, not making use of everything I have makes me feel like im lacking a bit...

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
No sunny, no.

6b RCs into jb. You just have to do it fast. It's a MUCH faster fun time.

The best times to RC with bang are after a fire punch, during the command grab, or after 3c. Most other times aren't needed, unless you do a panic super and don't want to die. PS: don't do panic supers with less than 100 meter.

Read bang's changes so far. Looks like 5a got super nerfed, prorates to hell and isn't a good AA anymore. comboing into daifunka with 5a does less than 3k now. So it's really good that 5b became godly at the cost of speed. and that 6a is useful now.

Oh, and I laughed so hard at the fact that his RC command grab combos do MORE damage now. 5.4k/5.8k if 50 meter, 6.3k if 100.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Don't sad emote at me. I was just showing you a better option!

So yeah, we'll see. 5a is bad, 5b is godly. I'm interested, but the burst changes seem stupid.

Also, hoo hoo hoo at tager's 6a going through carl's gear super.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
6a is JCable on block still, yeah?

So that still makes it a semi-viable AA attack, if only for it having invul (no matter how small) and being safe on block due to JC. If it isn't, then nvm.

Tim already addressed what you need to do vs Carl. Keep him on D. If he gets to zone and you're not Litchi/Mu/Maaaaaaaybe Hazama, then gj, you already lost. Also, the robot punch has ridiculous blockstun and makes setting up sandwiches really easy.

Learn Jin. He'll at least give you the basics of 2dfighters. And if you're going to stick with Rachel, learn to pull off her combos. 1.8k is still better than 800 damage.
no, it's not JCable, on block or hit.

And i can do her combos. ;_; just not (consistently) with a stick.

but i don't combo off of CH chair, because the wind it costs isn't worth it, and it's better to just use the time to get into a better position/pull out some projectiles and gain some wind in the process. but in cs2 i don't need wind to combo off of CH chair, so yaaaaay.

And i know the basics of 2d fighters, it's the advanced stuff i need to get better at. :urg:

Steam

Smash Hero
@Tony- Well when I was learning the game (still am) all I had to play was Dan's Tager :(

but he's a lot easier once you figure out his ****

can someone link me to changelist plz? D:

Tranzworld

Smash Apprentice
3 Step guide on how to play vs litchi

1)Get normal'd into a 4.5k combo that leaves you in the corner and gets you daisharened

2)Guess wrong on Oki

3) Eat a 5k combo, die.

You heard it straight from the japanese, folks.

Oh, and sorry I don't post here much, i always forget smashboards exists with the 30 other forums I frequent :(

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Double post for important statements: Lolfest next friday at house of tim and tony? This weekend doesn't work.

Top Bottom