• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
God damnit. Was going to post that I was going to be working on results right now, but after reading the series of disappointmenting posts, I'd rather walk away and sleep.

Bees!

Smash Ace
Hey Bees, since you won money, wanna come to Oh Snap? :D
Or you could do more responsible things with it. I should probably suggest the latter.
Although my offer of free housing still stands.
I would love too! Unfortunately I couldn't take off time for this so I can't go! I wish I could have taken time off for it. The money I made alone could get me down to Oklahoma and back. :(
But invest I shall. Right now I have a jar for spare money that is now converted to a tourney winnings jar. I hope to fill it up further.

Oh, and props to Bees/Kenny for their respective winnings. I was rooting for both of you because you guys still have the love of the game in you. It's good to see people who enjoy what they're doing winning. :D!
Thanks! and yes you put that very well
2 reasons I play the game

1.)because its absurdly fun!
2.)the amazing scene I have met through it I <3 you all!

Shoutouts
Tim: You have always pushed me whether you knew or not. Thanks for all the support and giving me someone to play with on many occasions.
Dylan: SHOUTOUTSHOUTOUTSHOUTOUTSHOUTOUTSHOEIGUTEaa-egajns. It was fun seeing you again. I hope some day you get serious about the game. You are an amazing player when you try and you play smart too
Dan: Thanks for hosting the tourney! and thanks for the start you gave me to be where I am now!
Tony: I <3 you and want to get good at BlazBlue so I can play with you, Tim and Jamaal in a game you guys love as much as I love Brawl.
Meno: ggs. Be more patient when getting back on the stage. you don't always have to jump into the ****. and if you decide that you are going to get back on the stage quickly. also just getting up on to the stage can be a good option rather than jumping off the ledge.
Dave: ggs except that you gave up in Losers Finals. That made me :(
Chunky: We didn't get to play! As always its awesome seeing you! We will play sometime!
Fishbait: I am just as scared of playing you as you are of playing me. Don't kid yourself you are amazing.
Steam: Sorry about losing us that set vs Fish and Zero. You carried the hell out of me that set :(
Peachkid: GGs I want to see how you do once you know the ROB v Peach MU. You showed me that oosers are always such awesome people and fun to meet.
Underload: after all those delays we never got to play. I believe I owe you some friendlies good sir.
Spencer: You look like a monk without your hat and that makes me smile.
Ryker: It was nice meeting you! You are an awesome dude! Thanks for giving me all of that motivation during Zournament. It really helped!
Level Football...I mean Zero: You have gotten really good. I am glad you are repping MK and have stepped up your game too. You got a lot better on your reads as well. You have become a powerhouse imo.
RedLegion: I didn't know that was you!!! Nice meeting you!
Roblin: Damn girl you improved quickly XD. Glad to see you grabbing more often now!
Moblin: I forgive you for not coming XD
Jamaal: You didn't come. I needed a black guy to be my hype guy when I was down. Fez had to do the job(which was great! but still)
Fez: Thanks for believing in me! I remember back in 09 how you always said I would do well.
Kenny: You are so nice! I love how the melee scene is filled with nice people like you who don't make us Brawl kids feel lame!
Roman: I didn't talk to you much! It was cool seeing you again.
Other Tim: As always you are so cool!
Jorge: Where did you go? You were there for a little bit and then you disappeared. I missed you! [o o]
Zajina: It was awesome seeing you again! Come back to Brawl! (Blazblue doesn't have to know)
Spelt: Nice seeing you again. You are a funny troll.
Starr: we didn't get to play friendlies. :(
Munch: I wanna see you in the scene moar!!! Rep that Falco!
Ferdi: I saw you! and was in the same room as you!
mikezor: Your Zelda is fun to watch in melee. Also you make me laugh with your taunting and such.
If I forgot anyone I am sorry. let me know and I will update my shoutouts.

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
Results are up.

So anyways, this was a fun tournament to host. While there were casualties and party fouls, everything ran smoothly and fast. Grant it that some of the events didn't happen, the tournaments finished very fast to allow for a good 5 hours of friendlies and money matches.

Just one more thing: I'm still pissed at the person who stained my billiards table :mad::mad::mad:

Also pissed at one person who kept thinking they knew their **** and messed with my computer. When I tell you to get the **** off my computer, you better respect it and get the **** off my computer. Don't go telling me what I'm doing wrong, because you clearly have no idea how I had the live stream set up; it's a lot more complicated than you think, and you have no idea how it works. Also, no black case with diabetic equipment was found.

Not going to be doing shoutouts because well, there's no one I can shoutout to since I've already told you all IRL. That, and it's too much work, and I've done too much in the last couple of days.

Anyone know of a good picture site? I use ImageShack, but I need a site where I can upload a 12 megapixel picture without it resizing or flat out rejecting me.

I have no idea why I'm still up and what not... full day of cleaning and getting a soda stain out of the carpet. Next time, please tell me when there's a party foul instead of leaving it there for it to stain.

Actually I do have some shoutouts:
Jamaal, Heibrahi, Meno, and 2 others who don't visit Smashboards - Thanks for bearing with me and viewing the livestream when we were testing it. It took 2 hours each day for 4 days to get everything working correctly, but we did it. Everyone said we had a high quality stream, even if Brawl was a PIP. Thanks for letting me blast your ears with lots of static or total nothingness for the times we tested.

Yang - Thank you Yang about the suggestion of Virtual Audio Cable. Once confirmed on how to work it, I immediately got the full version and mixed all the sounds together, although I'm not sure how I can do a "broadcast what you hear" kind of setup without plugging a male-male headphone into both the speaker and mic plugin. Don't suppose you got an awesome remedy for this?

Chunky - Come to more stuff, Chunky :) You're very fun to be around. Specific shoutout to you just because :)

Everyone else - Thanks for coming and making this all possible. It's really nice and heart warming to see that the community can once again get together and play.

I would write one for Bees, but he knows how happy I am already.

RedLegion

Smash Rookie
You know what? I'm new to the scene but idc, nub shoutouts inc:

Meno: Thank you for your hospitality, seriously, you might not think of it as a big deal but I do, and thank you for showing me what Peach can do in the right hands.

Peachkid: It was definitley a pleasure meeting you and I hope to see you again; thanks for the pointers and great discussions.

Timotee: I never thought Wario could turn into such a tank, but man, you know what you're doing. Had a great time at your place + the tourney. Grats to you and PK on your win.

DTL: You did exactly like you said and taught me some techs; those are actually giving me a reason to keep trying to get past this nub plateau I'm on xD. I hope to one day be on your level, and it's nothing personal, but I really want to be able to legitly beat you some day.

DTL's friends: You guys were a riot to listen to.

Roblin: It was so fun teaming with you although we got steamrolled! I'm sorry I got bummed out, I was having fun even though my face didn't show it.

Dan: Thanks a lot for hosting the tourney, it was a blast and a nice way to start my smash scene, and it was nice meeting you.

Fishbait + LevelZero: You guys were crazy in teams, I didn't think what you guys did was possible, it might just be 'cause I'm nubtastic, but wow. Great work.

Bees: It was great meeting you, grats on the win!

Steam: I wanted to lol so hard every time I saw you with that Lucario plush, I just found that really funny for some reason. Though I didn't really talk to you, it was nice to meet you as well.

I don't really think I talked much to anyone else, I kinda just chilled and did my own thing. Most everyone else was just yelling for no apparent reason, so I drowned them out; I almost got a damn headache. I even fell asleep a couple times wating for everyone to get done xD. Other than that, everyone was really friendly, and I had a relatively good time. I knew I was gonna get owned, but I didn't expect to get beaten on such the magnitude I did, everyone there that I watched/played against, you guys were fantastic players. I honestly don't know how I'm gonna get as good as you guys.

Underload

Lazy
Shut up, Dan.

I honestly don't care how technical your livestream setup was. Nobody could hear me over the headset, and I checked to make sure that was the case on the only page that mattered, the actual stream page. Lo and behold, didn't work. I told you about it and you got bossy because you for whatever reason felt insulted that your setup wasn't working. Get less mad, get less bossy.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Shut up, Dan.

I honestly don't care how technical your livestream setup was. Nobody could hear me over the headset, and I checked to make sure that was the case on the only page that mattered, the actual stream page. Lo and behold, didn't work. I told you about it and you got bossy because you for whatever reason felt insulted that your setup wasn't working. Get less mad, get less bossy.
Everyone could hear me fine. Dan rage aside, I dunno what to tell ya. Everyone knew what I was saying the entire time I was commentating.

Also, I firmly support me+an actual Brawl player commentating. Or Me+Jam. That would be awesome.

God ****ing damnit.

I have changed my avatar to reflect my disposition.
:D

Although it may behoove you to make light of a great tragedy, I must ask you to not try and sidle up to me.
I'm leaving this thread now.

Arcana~

I Am Thou
NNID
Orange-Shinobi
Fish and I did alright for our first time in dubs together. Perhaps we could team up again in the future? (Epic foreshadowing)

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
Ok **** it UL, you're only coming to play a tournament anyway, so don't touch my **** ever again. Your "I'm going to fix what isn't broken" attitude and think you know what's wrong pisses me off. And I'll tell you why uStream page doesn't control the video/audio. It's because it's called the gateway. I configured it so it'll let me connect a program through it. Adjusting anything on there does absolutely NOTHING!

People can hear all of us just fine; apparently the volume of your voice just sucks.

A note to you though. If you access the live stream page ON the same computer with the setup I had, you'll end up getting this, and the viewers will end up hearing that awful hearing at the end. Link.

Bottom line is, don't touch my ****.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
My only real complaint about Zournament was the pool table freakout. It's understandable to be pissed, and even to freak out a little, but yelling at every single one of your guests and threatening physical action (especially when half your guests could just sit on you to win) is no bueno. If you want someone to come forward and apologize/compensate you/whatever, a stream of profanities is not the way to go.

That said, whoever put pizza or w/e on the table when we weren't even supposed to lean on it was a douchebag. Huge huge huge party foul. I say we blame Jamaal.

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
My only real complaint about Zournament was the pool table freakout. It's understandable to be pissed, and even to freak out a little, but yelling at every single one of your guests and threatening physical action (especially when half your guests could just sit on you to win) is no bueno. If you want someone to come forward and apologize/compensate you/whatever, a stream of profanities is not the way to go.

That said, whoever put pizza or w/e on the table when we weren't even supposed to lean on it was a douchebag. Huge huge huge party foul. I say we blame Jamaal.
In retrospec, it was really bad that I did freak out, and I do apologies about that; We have a quality table, and I want to keep it that way.

I lose myself in anger when it actually happens. The rage posts on here are 9/10 me just slightly frustrated.

And props on that livestream. It was really well done, and the resolution was omfg gorgeous.
That's what I was going for :D

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
dan there should be a stereo mix option in your recording devices in the control panel, make sure u have show disconnected/disabled devices. This is "what you hear" so all u need to do is mix stereo mix+ whatever microphones like the head set and the web cam microphone to 1 line and you should be good to go.

Studmonger

Smash Rookie
Hey Idol, you should send a link to those vids when you start getting some up. Or if it's a Youtube account, shoot us your username. I wanna see whatever the hell Irg did that Tony freaked about. =p

Underload

Lazy
Everyone could hear me fine. Dan rage aside, I dunno what to tell ya. Everyone knew what I was saying the entire time I was commentating.
Yeah, but, around when did you commentate? This didn't go on for the entire day, it eventually got fixed.

This is stupid to argue about anyway, but I might as well get out of this not making myself look dumb

FishBait73

Smash Rookie
Level, if we're both going to a tourney and there's doubles, I'd love to pair with you again. We were so close to getting first... If only I wouldn't have SD'd right away :/ (I still feel bad about that).

Bees!

Smash Ace
Sorry man! I am not much of a recreational drug person. But I am still able to enjoy the music despite not following the instructions. lol

RedLegion

Smash Rookie
Oh, and all tournaments are going to be loud like that. That's the fun in them. Learn to stop being a little girl, and become hype machine 3000.
Really, dude? A little unnecessary. I'm a quiet person in general, I don't like being loud and obnoxious for no reason. Where I live, you get your teeth knocked out if you act like that.

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
Really, dude? A little unnecessary. I'm a quiet person in general, I don't like being loud and obnoxious for no reason. Where I live, you get your teeth knocked out if you act like that.
Its called hype man. Its like going to a game or something and cheering on your fav team in this case our friends. Its always gonna be loud at any tournament. Its just the way it is. I hope you don't look at it as being loud and obnoxious but rather more emphatic and exciting.

RedLegion

Smash Rookie
Its called hype man. Its like going to a game or something and cheering on your fav team in this case our friends. Its always gonna be loud at any tournament. Its just the way it is. I hope you don't look at it as being loud and obnoxious but rather more emphatic and exciting.
Don't get me wrong, I knew what was going on, I could definetly feel the energy. I'm totally down for cheering your friends on, but at a couple points it was just 'BAAAAAAAAAAWWWW'. I kinda lol'd on the inside, but I dunno, at the same time I was kinda like 'eh... really..?'

I'm not talking down the whole hype thing, and I don't want you guys to take my comment as insulting. Hell, I might wind up being one of those kinds if I can improve my skills and not look like a complete idiot doing it xD. But like I said, I'm generally a really calm, reserved and quiet person, which is the biggest reason I really didn't talk to anyone, aside from everyone being pre occupied with what they were doing.

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
I see we have a hater of the hype.

this is dissapointing
If you decide he is a hater of hype, you are giving up on him too easily.

I feel he is a budding flower in the spring, waiting to become a part of a field of flowers. To become colorful, beautiful, and extremely loud.

But it takes time to grow this flower, and you, Tony, or anybody else, cannot rush this process. There is no manure for hype.

At the very worst, he will be the breeze. He will be there, gentle and quiet, but understanding of our nature and will co-exist with us happily, and freely.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Yeah, but, around when did you commentate? This didn't go on for the entire day, it eventually got fixed.

This is stupid to argue about anyway, but I might as well get out of this not making myself look dumb
Whenever Bees n Dave did their first match.

Too late. :D!

Not really. I mean, I was mostly joking. Tournaments ARE loud and ARE hype. Welcome to socializing with people in a competitive environment. There is a reason for it (and Yang summed it up pretty well).

Actually, Yang is one of our quietest players. Even he gives in to the hype. Pretty much you'll either learn to deal with it, love it, and participate, orrrrrr you'll continue to get headaches and avoid interacting with others. Your call, really.

EDIT: You might also be dehydrated. Try drinking more water next tournament and avoid soda at all costs. Seriously, I've seen so many people destroyed because they thought free soda qualified as hydration. Drink that water, tournaments are really demanding physically.

Also, whoever does the teeth knocking out is a criminal and should be punished. It's like beating a kid for making out with someone; ultimately, it just hinders your ability to enjoy yourself and damages your psyche. Report them ASAP, for the greater good.

The greater good...

Dekar173

Justice Man
Brawl tourney in March, weekend long thing called lanfest.

They're always awesome, and even if you don't win you could win things in a raffle.

If you win, you don't win money. (get ****ed dekar)

Top Bottom