• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
not particularly. When I start getting frustrated I switch characters and come back later.

and yeah I've always been practicing combos in chunks. so like with felicia I've got everything down but that one part XD There are a lot of different factors that can make it miss... so I have to pay attention to those while doing that ******** annoying input

edit: after seeing how easy sentinel is... I think I'm just going to stop playing marvel for now...
But you play Brawl. :(

You can learn 98% of the techs in that game in under a day. :(

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
I'm tired of playing laggy wifi matches against spammy hulks and noobish sentinels. Tony, get on and play me some time.

Steam

Smash Hero
I'm just annoyed that I'm actually investing decent ammounts of free time into my characters and getting very limited progress while lol sentinel is so easy : (

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
You're going to be playing this game for awhile, fgt. No reason to switch yet unless you feel like it will help in the long wrong.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
His assist is really good, he lacks mixups and gets eaten by instant overheads. But if he makes you feel like you're not as bad, go for it!

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Whatever character ya stick with you'll get good at and pick up new things as you go. So ya know, ya can go sent if ya feel confident, but its also good to stick with what ya know.

Oh and sentinels command grab is so damn good. No one expect that! I've been using it out of block lately and while randomly rushing em. Works like a charm. Its good after his heavy in the air because everyones anticipating a crouching medium instead. So godlike~! <3

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
If there's a Sent charging me, I'm counting on they're going for a cr.B or a command grab. So I jump back. If an S comes out, then free punish :3

Even then though. Sent is very linear.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I have like 30 wins and 5 losses online.

Online doesn't suck, it just has too many sucky people.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
If there's a Sent charging me, I'm counting on they're going for a cr.B or a command grab. So I jump back. If an S comes out, then free punish :3

Even then though. Sent is very linear.
Damn. So I guess it doesn't work on good players. xD I've been messing around as sent trying to find cool things with him that make him less predictable, because ya know, everyone playing as him so people are starting to figure him out. Also I loooove sents that can't hitconfirm and just S after a blockstring. =p Possibly the worst thing you can do as sent. When we fight at cutthroat imma try all my sent tricks on ya~! :D

Oh and I found a awesome hulk trick. =p As hulk I go for alot of air grabs, and ground grabs after sentinels drone pressure. Alot of the times when sent drone assists comes out people will try and jump to avoid the pressure so before they get hit I just run up and air grab em. They get thrown in to the drones and bounce up a bit, which sets up perfectly for another air throw. ITS SO GOOD MAN! =p

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
Sure I welcome it. Any Sent experience is nice.

I do that with Wolverine a lot. But it's more like scratching their back...

Also, you better be at wasabi so I can confirm you're real with my soul-capturer.

I'm doing some homework right now with smashboards on autoload. From what I'm getting from the few messages I read, the venue cost too much and thus couldn't pay out. Am I getting this right?

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
"yet again he should have tried a cheaper venue. Trying to be all fancy for his last
pound . I 'd take that homeless shelter at genesis than an expensive **** ."

Oh my god I died.

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
that is why u get out and play people offline more. Imo playing online hurts ur game because its pretty bad.
Alright, I'll try to show up at the next Marvel fest. I really wanna get better. Also I think I'm good enough at the game to start putting any advice to good use, sooo next time anyone good plays me I want lots of criticism.

In other news: I picked the water starter and I don't regret it.

Steam

Smash Hero
I'd like general tips as well next time I can do stuff... I've been improving in aspects of my game that aren't that one link...

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
I'd like general tips as well next time I can do stuff... I've been improving in aspects of my game that aren't that one link...
Here's a tip then.

While we were playing at McDonalds, you gave up over half the time. Sure it's disheartening to lose all the time, but I don't give up when I'm playing Yang, Tim, or anyone else who can wipe the floor with me. You quit way too easily. You keep saying that Felicia is garbage, and yet you still use her and working on her combos/execution. What happens when I stuff your options? Going to quit? Learn to never give up, even if you are going to lose. There's a difference between letting yourself be beaten by purposely not blocking and actually blocking and getting KO'd by the chip. Bottom line is, you give up way too easily.

tl;dr Don't. Give. Up.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I learned all of mvc's techs in under a day. Is brawl more competitive than mvc3 or am i just the FIGHTING GAME MASTER?
lmao

No

Because I know you can't do everyone's combos.

And those are the actual techs in that game.

I'm tired of playing laggy wifi matches against spammy hulks and noobish sentinels. Tony, get on and play me some time.
I'll get on later today, mebbe.

Or we could aim for a gathering this weekend. :D

I have like 30 wins and 5 losses online.

Online doesn't suck, it just has too many sucky people.
No. Online blows. The connection is godawful, especially for a game that requires technical inputs. All I can do with x-23 online is reset reset reset, and it took a toll on my game offline. :/

Get on extrafresh.net and start talking to Springs players. The people you play on Friday night aren't a fraction the level of who you could be playing against.

I mean, seriously, CS scene is pretty big.

On the flipside, get a training buddy that's near your level. You'll be less frustrated and more likely to work to catch up to everyone else if you have a rival of some sort.

Um no? The ****ty community bailed completely on his event, and thus the payouts couldn't happen.

This is only another instance of ****ty players ruining everything for everyone, ever.
No. Sorry. It's his fault. Yes, it's terrible, and yes, he's probably going to be feeling the financial sting for a while, but he gambled when he relied on something that could change at a moment's notice to cover the venue.

What would he have done if people canceled their rooms a week in advance? Same exact situation, or they'd have to relocate. If he was willing to take the risk, he deserves what's happening. Maybe not as a person, but as a businessman. We've both run larger scale events, and we both know that you can't count on attendance for anything. He ****ed up, and as much as it sucks, this is what happens.

Steam

Smash Hero
If I actually played good players I wouldn't learn anything. it would just be like... oh I got perfected again and don't know why.

if I drop felicia it will be because of that one link :/ I'll probably get it eventually... but I'll probably have to quit anyway because I'm going to mines so yeah.

Also I got my braces off. and tommorrow I'm getting a retainer cemented in my mouth for the rest of my life... I'm not too happy because I could care less if my teeth move around a bit... I'm just tired of all this bull**** in my mouth I've had since I was 9 since my mother is more insecure about how I look than a teenage girl is about herself >.>

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I thought retainers you could take on and off?

Iurrno, I don't think I can recall ever seeing a dentist...

Thank Jeebus I have naturally perfect teeth. :D

Though I think I have a cavity...

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
If I actually played good players I wouldn't learn anything. it would just be like... oh I got perfected again and don't know why.

if I drop felicia it will be because of that one link :/ I'll probably get it eventually... but I'll probably have to quit anyway because I'm going to mines so yeah.

Also I got my braces off. and tommorrow I'm getting a retainer cemented in my mouth for the rest of my life... I'm not too happy because I could care less if my teeth move around a bit... I'm just tired of all this bull**** in my mouth I've had since I was 9 since my mother is more insecure about how I look than a teenage girl is about herself >.>
Nuuu nuuuu steamy. Analyze why ya lost man. Break apart the opponent and see how the combo started. Thats what I do when I begin a fight. Just watch what they do while you play and think of your options to avoid em next time and punish. Also blocking. Thats basically what fighting games are all about~!

I hope you get better though buddy~! <3

Also same ****ing thing with me! I'm suppose to have braces by now, but man, I rather have crooked teeth then someone shub metal wiring all around em. uhg. I hope it goes well for ya man. =/

I didn't learn all of brawl's combos in under a day. :awesome:
Thats because brawl has no combos! >w> Silly silly spelt~!

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896

Eh, I don't think it's because she's insecure. You really, really don't want crooked teeth because this makes them unstable and easy to knock out, and it also makes it harder to eat, not to mention you won't look very good. Google crooked teeth and look at the images, I don't think you would want to look like that. >.>

Also, I have a permanent retainer. You can't see it, it's cemented behind your teeth and your tongue gets used to it. It's really not bothersome at all. :p

Also:

Go to your user profile. The first six friends on your friends list are now your team for the upcoming Zombie Apocalypse. How screwed are you?

Sudai, 제시카, Spin, Project-05, Stealth Raptor, Shadow Swordsman

Modified from the facebook status thing going around. I'd say I'm not screwed at all with my SWF team. ;)

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
The ****tiest thing happened to me in White version today, and because of that I'm done playing Pokemon for a while.

Honestly Steam, if you're going to mines to major in engineering, it'll be tough to keep playing smash/other games seriously. Not undoable, just tough. Good for you though, cuz you'll be rich in the future.

And if anyone has a get-together this weekend, I will def. try to make it (with Roblin). I work till 3pm on saturday, otherwise I'm free.

-----------------------

So I've been playing pokemon white until earlier today, which is probably going to be the last time in a while. I usually play on my old clunky DS. Why? Because the bottom left corner of the touch screen on my DS Lite is dead. As in it doesn't work, so you can't hit any icons or menu buttons if they are located there. I tell people that when they ask me why the hell I'm using the gargantuan proto-DS and not my pretty blue DS Lite.

Last night I was playing DS and eating hot dogs wrapped in crescent rolls when I accidentally dropped the end of my DS charger into my catsup. Naturally, I had to resort to my DS lite with the ****ty touch screen. I didn't see the touch screen as an issue though because I don't play pokemon with the touch screen (who does, seriously). I was wrong.

I hadn't saved in about 3 hours and I went into the pokemon theatre by mistake. There, it forced me into a tutorial screen which shows you how to put bows and top hats on your pokemon for the mother-****ing musical. No big deal, I thought. I'll just do this and then get back to battling. (While secretly excited at seeing a pokemon musical.)

I tried to progress through the menu to get on with the musical, but then to my horror I realized you can't navigate the menu with the buttons. I had to use the touch screen. And the only button you could press to get to the next screen was on the BOTTOM LEFT CORNER OF THE TOUCH SCREEN. And there's no option for backing out.

So right now I have my DS closed on sleep mode, hoping that I'll somehow find a way to not have to turn it off and go through the entirety of Route 4 and a desert resort again. If anyone has an idea of how to help me, I would greatly appreciate it. That is all.

Top Bottom