• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Wow. Heaven looks surprisingly like earth. Like...it's as if NOTHING HAPPENED. :D HARDY HAR HAR!

The guy who started this theorycraft of the world ending is a the worlds biggest troll. :I

Steam

Smash Hero
So it's been confirmed. Snake's fair ***** bees into the stone age.

edit: also me randomly posting in the yoshi boards one day led to the total destruction of all things yoshi. I win?

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
I honest think it was Gashi that brought the complete and total destruction of the yoshi boards.

BUT IT WAS YOU WHO AWAKENED THE SLEEPING BEAST INTO FUR-******RY MODE! >:C

I do think its funny how they thought you were trolling when steams just being steamy like always. =p

Arcana~

I Am Thou
NNID
Orange-Shinobi
It's also confirmed that a ROB's Nair and Dair ***** a recovering Snake without even respecting him enough to be safe.

FerrishTheFish

Smash Ace
Yes, but I am Ferrish THE Fish. Not Ferrish A Fish. And I'll gladly contest that title with you or anyone else, if'n you plays the Melees. I'm pretty much a Melee-exclusive player, since I actually am a fish at SSB64, SSBB, and MvC3 (which I've never even played).

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
Where you located/visiting/hanging out at, TheFish? Rather I should ask how far are you willing to drive?

It's also confirmed that a ROB's Nair and Dair ***** a recovering Snake without even respecting him enough to be safe.
It's ok, ROB is doing what Snake wants him to do anyways. Snake doesn't hold a Cypher when he does upB, he holds a giant sign that says "SPIKE ME"

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
You guys really need a title change.

Also, hello. Noticed a couple CO smashers posting in the ROB thread, and haven't been here for a long time because of school johns and what not, so I decided to try and keep up with the thread once again.

tl;dr I'm back XD

Also, it's official that I'm likely to go to college my last two years in CO. I'm going to a 2 year college where I live now, so yeah. :p

Jorgeme

Smash Cadet
It's ok, ROB is doing what Snake wants him to do anyways. Snake doesn't hold a Cypher when he does upB, he holds a giant sign that says "SPIKE ME"
I so wish this were still true, but ever since Snakes learned to stay away from the edge and use their c4 to recover high, ROB isn't going to be gimping Snake anytime soon. ROB just doesn't have enough aerial mobility and his dair is too slow. Nair will probably hit, but it won't kill. It will just send Snake up high were he wants to be.

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
Yes, but I am Ferrish THE Fish. Not Ferrish A Fish. And I'll gladly contest that title with you or anyone else, if'n you plays the Melees. I'm pretty much a Melee-exclusive player, since I actually am a fish at SSB64, SSBB, and MvC3 (which I've never even played).
sup man, I'm kind of mediocre, but I will for sure play some melee with you. Whereabouts do you live?

FerrishTheFish

Smash Ace
Where you located/visiting/hanging out at, TheFish? Rather I should ask how far are you willing to drive?
I'm right at C-470 and Bowles. It's probably too late for today, but I should be able to drive to either Springs or Fort Collins if given enough notice.

Or, since I'm smack in the middle, we might be able to get something started at or near my place--I live with my parents, tho, so I'd have to talk to them. I've got a 28-inch JVC with no button lag and (in case anyone wants to bring some DVDs to record the matches) line output.

I main C. Falcon, and my secondary is Fox. I'm really trying to improve my Fox, since my college buddies use Shiek, Falco, Marth, and Jiggs.

EDIT: My parents shouldn't have a problem as long y'all aren't, you know, in your thirties (cuz that's too old o_O) or early teens (cuz I ain't no creeper O_o).

Steam

Smash Hero
I so wish this were still true, but ever since Snakes learned to stay away from the edge and use their c4 to recover high, ROB isn't going to be gimping Snake anytime soon. ROB just doesn't have enough aerial mobility and his dair is too slow. Nair will probably hit, but it won't kill. It will just send Snake up high were he wants to be.
Thiiiiisssss

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
Come to Springsfest this Friday! It happens at McDonalds on I-25 and Garden of the Gods! We go from 18:00 till 23:00, and approximately 15-20 people come, although we've been having a huge spike increase of around 25 people.

PM me if you want more info!

Bees!

Smash Ace
Steam's Snake gets worse everytime I play it. Which means the first few games I expect him to do things that an actual snake main does. Rather than scrubby gimmicks that get punished hard after a couple of friendlies. Seriously...I don't even know why you are so impressed with those replays. Its not like anything was that special.(The first fsmash maybe) Running off the ledge and fairing was just dumb luck and it worked. Now that I know the kind of amateur tactics to expect from your snake, you can expect to never land it again.

Dylan's is actually legit. MK ftilt is godly. Its safe and a great spacing tool and he knows how to use it to space & follow up with mix up options. Its just frustrating how it feels like ROB has no options vs it and it can be used to shut down EVERYTHING ROB does on the ground at close to mid-range.

Also what Jorge said. Snake is pretty bad for ROB in that regard. Smart camping, reserving kill moves and good spacing makes that MU easier. However I still prefer Kirby for that MU. With ROB I honestly think its
70:30-D3
65:35-Snake, MK, and Falco

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
@ the edit

Yeah, it definitely limits Rob's ground game, but I think if you threw out some more near fully spaced ftilts of your own it would help.

Top Bottom