• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Dat product placement. :D

...Holy crap though man!
That video was an odd source of inspiration for me~! I've got a videogame idea in my head. Noooo clue how it related at all with the vid, but it came up while I was watching so i'm not gonna question it. =p

I love you beees~! Thank youuu~! <3

Hi guys, what you all been up to? (too lazy to read all the posts I missed)

EDIT: Sup chunkster~! nuttin much. A smash jesus, AKA Ran, showed up and is resurrecting our smash scene from the grave is all~! Seriously though, this doods so professional! I think he might actually get it going again!

Hahah you guys are awesome, thanks for the answers. Way amusing :)

Shoutouts to Sunny for going for the counter-pick.
No man, your the awesome one. :> Now I have something to copy pasta at other forums~! :D

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Double posty, warm n toasty~! =w=

Alright. I wrote up a mock advertisement for the game. Ya know, like the ones they put on the back of the game case. Jeeze why havn't I thought of something like this early?!

"Slip away from reality into a game made only in your wildest imaginations in this thrilling modern day action/adventure!
A strange curse has engulfed the city of inaba that drags its victims into a deep sleep made from there own subconscious. But is it a dreamland, or there own personal nightmare? Help Sato fight threw man made mental prisons and the inner demons of others before they slip into an eternal slumber! Make use of abilities you can only dream about to brave the nightmare worlds and keep hold of your sanity...and your life!"

Btw main character isn't actually named "Sato." Just a generic name for filler.

Basically this game represents dealing with the suffering of everyday life. Only ya know, you can hit things and its ACTIONY! :D Um. But think of it this way. Everyone has some kind of inner demon in real life they have to face or deal with. Whether it be the death of someone close, going to college for a few years and not getting your dream job, or simply the stress of school. "Sleep" is metaphor for escaping from your hardships instead of facing them or coping with them. You can run from them, but doing so effects those that care for you in a negative way.

I like this idea.
Gonna bust open the notepad tonight and brainstorm.

Edit: Hmm...in retrospect I probably shoulda made the description darker sounding. ._.' I made it sound like it was garnished with disney magic.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Double posty, warm n toasty~! =w=

Alright. I wrote up a mock advertisement for the game. Ya know, like the ones they put on the back of the game case. Jeeze why havn't I thought of something like this early?!

"Slip away from reality into a game made only in your wildest imaginations in this thrilling modern day action/adventure!
A strange curse has engulfed the city of Inaba that drags its victims into a deep sleep made from there own subconscious. But is it a dreamland, or their own personal nightmare? Help Sato fight through man made mental prisons and the inner demons of others before they slip into an eternal slumber! Make use of abilities you can only dream about to brave the nightmare worlds and keep hold of your sanity...and your life!"

Edit: Hmm...in retrospect I probably shoulda made the description darker sounding. ._.' I made it sound like it was garnished with disney magic.
Corrections in green ;D

I really like this idea, Sunny. I say run with it! :) You can make the description darker sounding if you want.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Loool. Damn! Its sad man. English is my first language, but I still can't speak or spell to perfection. =p Man. Hey thanks saphy~!

Its hard to write something..."dark" for me though ya know? Not my style. Thats the problem I have with writing. Its hard to write what ya don't know. For example, lets say you make a character thats a genius. The character in your head may be a genius, but the writer himself isn't. So the character has a chance of falling flat unless ya do your research.

I guess I better go to the bookstore and pick up some horror novels or something if I wanna sound darker. =p Actually, my buddy thats moving in with me in college is a novel writer. Maybe I should let him do the writing and i'll take on the programming. =p We were made to make videogames man.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Don't worry about it, and no problem. That's why you have people that are good in English to help you out. ;) I'm terrible at math, so that''s true for me too with math.

Sounds like a plan though, let us know what you come up with!

And hi spiritdragon :p

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Baha. I didn't even get to ask.

What the hell were you doing up so late too saphy? I always check this place late at night. Its interesting. Theres always one of you up this late. xD

Me, i'm always awake at this time. Its lame. My minds only thinking of the important stuff at night. xD

Rizen

Smash Legend

A strange curse has engulfed the city of inaba that drags its victims into a deep sleep made from there own subconscious. But is it a dreamland, or there own personal nightmare? Help Sato fight threw man made mental prisons and the inner demons of others before they slip into an eternal slumber! Make use of abilities you can only dream about to brave the nightmare worlds and keep hold of your sanity...and your life!"

Basically this game represents dealing with the suffering of everyday life. Only ya know, you can hit things and its ACTIONY! :D Um. But think of it this way. Everyone has some kind of inner demon in real life they have to face or deal with. Whether it be the death of someone close, going to college for a few years and not getting your dream job, or simply the stress of school. "Sleep" is metaphor for escaping from your hardships instead of facing them or coping with them. You can run from them, but doing so effects those that care for you in a negative way.

Good concept! I say make it how it 'naturally' feels for you. If the story's more adventure/less horror then keep it that way.;)
Good stuff!
Edit:
How does everyone always beat me to the posts?

What the hell were you doing up so late too saphy? I always check this place late at night. Its interesting. There's always one of you up this late. xD

Me, I'm always awake at this time. Its lame. My minds only thinks of the important stuff at night. xD
I am very creative at night or real early morning. It is lame in ways :glare:. Try to go with it and put those ideas in action.
heh heh

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
What the hell were you doing up so late too saphy? I always check this place late at night. Its interesting. Theres always one of you up this late. xD

Me, i'm always awake at this time. Its lame. My minds only thinking of the important stuff at night. xD
I don't have set times for sleeping. XD My only day off college is Thursday so I make the most of Wednesday night, and then work like a horse on Thurs. You know, that is, after I feel like getting up. >>

How does everyone always beat me to the posts?
One must stalk the thread increasingly more.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
I almost about cried everytime I wizard kick killed ya. xD

I don't know who has it worse. The 3 at 300% or the dood that has to go up against em!

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Everything in B- is basically already a 0-death so probably the guy who has to go against 3.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
I havn't played b- much. I think I played it for like a week with my friend.

All I remember was charizard was ****ing overpowered man! Stealthrock, and jab to grab, and jab to flamethrow. Man, I didn't wanna ever play normal brawl again after that. I want my super fast charizard with jab to flamethrower combos man!!!

EDIT: SO MUCH POST! Someone exile me from this thread. ;~;

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
damn, I see all these things way before any of you post them here. Maybe I should start 1-upping everybody.

Yes, yes I will.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Everything ever posted on swf is taken from reddit.

Which is why I don't even go there.
Because I know I will eventually see anything interesting from there posted somewhere on here.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Reddit is still pretty ****ty a lot of the time too.

Especially those comics using all the meme faces.

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
ragecomics are just ripped off from 4chan too.

Anything interesting at all comes from Reddit, or will be on reddit, or has been on reddit. >.>

Tranzworld

Smash Apprentice
Doesn't 4chan like, mess people up and stuff? DDoS, forum raids, ordering pizza to people's addresses?
No. Lol. /b/ does it occasionally. and sometimes it's funny, but the last time 4chan was like any sort of organized cyber bully was that one girl that they kinda ruined her life. oops.

I mean, look at me, I didn't turn out that bad and I still hang around /a/ and /jp/.

Tranzworld

Smash Apprentice
wait, I've never been to either of these things. What's the difference between /b/ and 4chan?
/b/ is *usually* what people are reffering to when they refer to 4chan.

/a/ is the anime board, it's just about as bad as /b/ but not nearly as random and filled with just the worst of the worst.

/jp/ is the board for "otaku culture" aka Visual Novels, Touhou, Vocaloid, etc, etc.

There's plenty of other decent boards on there though.

/fa/ is actually quite fashionable, /cgl/ has great tutorials for people wanting to cosplay, /fit/ has helped countless people get in shape, /adv/ has helped people with advice before (although that board is pretty iffy)

4chan is like, by no means, a 'secret cool clubhouse' nor is it 'omg worst place ever (depending on the board, of course) but i think people think it's very different from what it actually is *shrug*

Top Bottom