• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

EvoZ

Smash Cadet
Melee mod is up and ready for testing

But, seriously, who is going to az12step? Me , Tony, Nite, Yang, Jeris, Mikezor, Tim, Ferdi, Cliche, Khadir?

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Hahahahaha!

It's like everyone was playing melee and successfully comboing, but then Magus came in and failed to combo.

But I hear he used to be good.

Demolisho

Smash Apprentice
It would've been worse if I came in. Remember when I played melee with you guys?

*edit*
I really want to go :(. Sorry gaiz.

*edit 2*
Does the edit thingy show up yet, Tim?

*edit 3*
Zelda counters Snake? Still waiting for some showing of this working.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Zelda doesn't counter Snake, she just doesn't get ***** as badly as some. You have to remember, Tsu lives in UT, where there is no such thing as a good player, lolololol.

Demo, you want to come with us to AZOneTwo?

koikaze

Smash Apprentice
Colorado RULEZ

Characters: All allowed
Stock: 3
Time: 7 mins
Items: Off (and frequency off)
Pause: Off
Team Attack: On
Ties: Stocks then percentage
Matches: 2 out of 3
Finals: 3 out of 5 (both winners and losers)
First Stage: either agreed upon or random (Neutrals) after the initial selection of characters.

Stage Strike:
Each person strikes one stage for the entire set. This stage must be selected at the beginning of the match, after initial characters have been chosen.

Dave's Stupid Rule:
Stage cannot be selected if you've won on it during that set
however if both players agree they may return to that stage.

Slob Picks:
The loser may choose the next stage or elect to go random, then
the winner may change characters, and then the loser may change
characters.

* Sudden death will ONLY be played if it was cause by a suicide (both are KOed), else the winner is the one with the lowest percentage.

* Tactics like Sonic's infinite stall under the stage, indefinite
stalling with rising pound, or any other such methods, will be banned.
After the first use, the player must lose a stock, Second, they forfeit
the match. ,Third, they forfeit the set.

Stages

* = set in stone

Neutrals:
*Battlefield
*Final Destination
*Smashville
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Lylat Cruise

Counters:

*Delfino Plaza
*Frigate Orpheon
*Battleship Halberd
*Rainbow Cruise
*Brinstar
*Pokémon Stadium
*Jungle Japes
*Corneria
*Green Greens
Castle Siege
Luigi's Mansion

Banned:
The Pirate Ship
Pictochat
Green Hill Zone
Pokémon Stadium 2
Skyworld
Port Town Aero Dive
Distant Planet
*Big Blue
*Mario Circuit
*The Bridge of Eldin
*Norfair
*WarioWare
*Hanenbow
*Temple
*Yoshi's Island (Melee)
*Onett
*Rumble Falls
*Mushroomy Kingdom
*Spear Pillar
*New Pork City
*The Summit
*75m
*Mario Bros.
*Flat Zone 2
*Shadow Moses Island

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
Move Lylat Cruise to CPs, I still, and will always, say. That is a garbage neutral as the stage has gimped me so many times. And sometimes, it seems like for no reason, I don't grab the ledge even when the ship isn't moving.

And what was wrong with Norfair being a CP?

Demolisho

Smash Apprentice
I think norfair should be cp as well. But Tim hates it, so we ALL have to listen to Tim. :p

Yeah, I know, it's campy.

Tony: I most likely can't make it. I feel like a jerk, but solly.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
I sowwy Koi, I didn't mean to forgets ye. Don't ban stages I like because I is forgetful =(

As for norfair being CP, I'd be fine with trying it out, since multiple people want it that way. If it does overly promote camping, then we'll banninate it.

Pokedit: Anyone who needs it, Toys'r'us will be giving away Darkrais in pokemangs this weekend, from 12-4 both days.

Demolisho

Smash Apprentice
Pokedit: Anyone who needs it, Toys'r'us will be giving away Darkrais in pokemangs this weekend, from 12-4 both days.
You had me at Toys, Tim. You had me at Toys.............

*edit*
Who is teh smashing today?

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
I have like unlimited Darkrais plus that thing's overpowered to hell. Someone get a legit one though so I can PokeSAV the exact same thing.

And why is Lylat still neutral? And Yoshi's Story. IMO we either put them both to CP or have them both Neutral, not both. Norfair is an overall cool stage but I think it's a dumb stage to play on. Pictochat's weird I'm not sure on banning it or CPing it.

Tony, Starcraft doubles? Oh shi-

TLHM

Smash Cadet
Kills Ness + Lucas since they can't SideB. "supposedly" gimps recoveries although I've never seen this happen.
tilting of stage can gimpkill characters without much vertical recovery. bowsie and dk for example. It'll tilt up away from you and crap.

also, it battlefields a lot. And makes a lot of projectiles not so useful. and the background is distracting. and flashing background can cause seizures for people with epilepsy.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
tilting of stage can gimpkill characters without much vertical recovery. bowsie and dk for example. It'll tilt up away from you and crap.

also, it battlefields a lot. And makes a lot of projectiles not so useful. and the background is distracting. and flashing background can cause seizures for people with epilepsy.
Isn't there a warning that the game can cause epileptic seizures at the beginning...of like...every single game? No johns epileptic people.

koikaze

Smash Apprentice
Stages

* = set in stone

Neutrals:
*Battlefield
*Final Destination
*Smashville
*Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Counters:
*Lylat Cruise
*Delfino Plaza
*Frigate Orpheon
*Battleship Halberd
*Rainbow Cruise
*Brinstar
*Pokémon Stadium
*Jungle Japes
*Corneria
*Green Greens
*Castle Siege
*Luigi's Mansion
Norfair
The Pirate Ship
Pictochat
Pokémon Stadium 2

Banned:
Green Hill Zone
Skyworld
Port Town Aero Dive
Distant Planet
*Big Blue
*Mario Circuit
*The Bridge of Eldin
*WarioWare
*Hanenbow
*Temple
*Yoshi's Island (Melee)
*Onett
*Rumble Falls
*Mushroomy Kingdom
*Spear Pillar
*New Pork City
*The Summit
*75m
*Mario Bros.
*Flat Zone 2
*Shadow Moses Island

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Imma bold anything of note/any changes I make.

Stages

* = set in stone

Neutrals:
*Battlefield
*Final Destination
*Smashville
*Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Counters:
*Lylat Cruise
*Delfino Plaza
*Frigate Orpheon
*Battleship Halberd
*Rainbow Cruise
*Brinstar
*Pokémon Stadium
*Jungle Japes
*Corneria
*Green Greens
*Castle Siege
*Luigi's Mansion
Norfair - Alrighty, who wants to play me here? I'll show why this stage should be banned.
The Pirate Ship
Pictochat
Pokémon Stadium 2 - What... the... hell? This is banned, and we all know it. Who keeps trying to sneak it in here?

Banned:
Green Hill Zone
Skyworld
Port Town Aero Dive
Distant Planet
*Big Blue
*Mario Circuit
*The Bridge of Eldin
*WarioWare
*Hanenbow
*Temple
*Yoshi's Island (Melee)
*Onett
*Rumble Falls
*Mushroomy Kingdom
*Spear Pillar
*New Pork City
*The Summit
*75m
*Mario Bros.
*Flat Zone 2
*Shadow Moses Island

Also, I think Delfino should be a neutral for teams, and the following changes should be noted.

Stock: 3
Time: 8 minutes Seriously guys, with how slow paced Brawl is, it NEEDS to be 8. I've had it run out of time at eight 3 times in tournament now, and that's with 8 minutes as the time.
Items: Off (and frequency off)
Pause: On If a contact or something falls out, or some ******* keeps calling, and the guy asks to pause and gets permission, then cool. If not, they lose a stock. Keep pause on. Having it off is such a major pain it's not even funny.
Team Attack: On
Ties: Stocks then percentage
Matches: 2 out of 3
Finals: 3 out of 5 (both winners and losers)
First Stage: either agreed upon or random (Neutrals) after the initial selection of characters.

Demolisho

Smash Apprentice
Norfair should be around, same with Pokemon Stadium 2. No real horrendous reasons for ban, look at pirate ship with Ness! And if they're banned in singles, they should be fine in doubles.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Demo, PS2 directly prevents fighting. When the focus goes from fighting your opponent to fighting the stage on a frequent basis, that becomes cause for a ban. If you're seriously suggesting unbanning PS2, then I might also suggest you take a look at Rumble Falls.

As for Norfair, play me there. If you can take even one stock off of me on that stage in a set of three, I'll act as if I lost the match. I'm that confident that I can outcamp you there.

While I may not be able to 3 stock Ferdi or the like there, I am still fairly positive that allowing Norfair will GREATLY enhance camp-oriented playstyles, making anyone without a projectile and a good punishment game completely useless. Play me with your ZSS. I can almost guarantee that you won't even make me break 100%.

___X___

Smash Lord
HEY SMASHERS!! this is dancing fighter X

and i would like to tell you all that theres a PLAY N TRADE BRAWL TOURNAMENT

MAY 30th, friday, OREM UTAH. starts around 6:30

i heard its gonna be really big and the winner is gonna get a WII!

and like 2nd place is 100 bucks or something i dunno,

come check it out!!!!

COME!!!!!!!!!!!!:bluejump: :bluejump: :bluejump: :bluejump: :bluejump: :bluejump:

koikaze

Smash Apprentice
I would like to have as many level as possible to be playable. If we run into a point where we should ban a stage, we can. PT2 may be annoying for most, but I don't see it as being banable. Nor fair does promote camping yes. As for at the 8min goes, what do other people think. I feel that 7min is plenty.

Demolisho

Smash Apprentice
Demo, PS2 directly prevents fighting. When the focus goes from fighting your opponent to fighting the stage on a frequent basis, that becomes cause for a ban. If you're seriously suggesting unbanning PS2, then I might also suggest you take a look at Rumble Falls.

As for Norfair, play me there. If you can take even one stock off of me on that stage in a set of three, I'll act as if I lost the match. I'm that confident that I can outcamp you there.

While I may not be able to 3 stock Ferdi or the like there, I am still fairly positive that allowing Norfair will GREATLY enhance camp-oriented playstyles, making anyone without a projectile and a good punishment game completely useless. Play me with your ZSS. I can almost guarantee that you won't even make me break 100%.
It's pretty much the same thing if I challenge Tim's Ness with ZSS at Pirate Ship. But yeah, I'll vs you to see your point.

And I still see very little reason for the bans of Norfair/PS2 in comparison to Pictochat/Pirate Ship.

*edit*
7 minutes works fine.

Cliche-Guevara

Smash Cadet
HEY SMASHERS!! this is dancing fighter X

and i would like to tell you all that theres a PLAY N TRADE BRAWL TOURNAMENT

MAY 30th, friday, OREM UTAH. starts around 6:30

i heard its gonna be really big and the winner is gonna get a WII!

and like 2nd place is 100 bucks or something i dunno,

come check it out!!!!

COME!!!!!!!!!!!!:bluejump: :bluejump: :bluejump: :bluejump: :bluejump: :bluejump:
Noone is going to drive to Utah on a half days notice....

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
I would like to have as many level as possible to be playable. If we run into a point where we should ban a stage, we can. PT2 may be annoying for most, but I don't see it as being banable. Nor fair does promote camping yes. As for at the 8min goes, what do other people think. I feel that 7min is plenty.
If you're gonna continue to include Pokemon Stadium 2, you should up that to 8 minutes then.

Otherwise, I feel 7 minutes is decent. I still say we could roll with 8 minutes then, too. I've personally have never ran out of time up to this day, and the closest I've ever come was maybe around 6:28 (This was some stupid 1v1 on Hyrule.) The tournament in NC was 5 minute matchest IIRC. Those ran out every now and then (mostly in the first bracket matches,) but not as often as one would imagine (they were on a huge time constraint + 128 people, so I don't blame them for using it.)

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Except Tim's Ness needs to secure a lead before he can start the water camp. With Norfair, I can VERY easily take the lead simply by running away and nailing you with projectiles. If we unban Norfair, we may as well unban Green Hill Zone, to further allow for me to win with stupid *** tactics.

If we unban PS2, then we should also revise Rumble Falls, Port Town Aero, and Distant Planet, since the theme is the same. You're fighting the stage, not the player. Rumble Falls goes on a preset pattern that never changes, Port Town Aero gimps you, but hey, if you know where you are, then it shouldn't take away from the fight, right? Distant Planet has an edge that can be camped, and the rain can ruin some characters (as can the mouf), but that's no big deal, right?

I want an actual reason for us to NOT ban PS2. Low gravity mode makes Marth a nightmare, and allows GaW's already ridiculous uair and ^b to further ruin characters, and even kills. The treadmills are hellbent on ruining slower characters, particularly the larger ones, and whoever gets to the middle first has a crazy advantage. Earth mode isn't terrible, but neutral is really the only mode that is worth much.

Seriously, PS2 is banned, why do people defend it? I want a solid reason NOT to ban it.

With that said, X, no one is going to just zoom up to UT for a tournament without at least a month's notice. Even then, we won't go for a play 'n trade, as those tournaments are notorious for being absolutely atrocious.

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Hey smashers, let's get those signups for the Summer Slugger Part 1

http://www.coloradocutthroat.com/signupintro.php

Tony, we definitly need to talk next week about tournament director stuff and contracts for you and the directors crew

Also, the NVGA will be putting up formal rules that will be the combination of ours in Colorado and NM and the Houston scene. This will be a unified front on the NVGA to get everyone playing the same rules and regulations. We will have the first draft up next week.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Houston rules?

I don't play them, but DFG, you cannot let any Ice Climbers chain-grab bans slip into this ruleset you're creating. They're an awful idea on a slippery, stupid slope. I don't know if they're in Houston or other parts of Texas, but I just want to make sure.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
Lol Houstons and NM's scene. Just stick with Colorado's since we're discussing that now actually.

What are we doing this Saturday/today evening? I have work on Sunday so can't do it then. Plus with this we can do easy testing on these dumb stages.

Top Bottom