• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Demolisho

Smash Apprentice
Except Tim's Ness needs to secure a lead before he can start the water camp. With Norfair, I can VERY easily take the lead simply by running away and nailing you with projectiles. If we unban Norfair, we may as well unban Green Hill Zone, to further allow for me to win with stupid *** tactics.

If we unban PS2, then we should also revise Rumble Falls, Port Town Aero, and Distant Planet, since the theme is the same. You're fighting the stage, not the player. Rumble Falls goes on a preset pattern that never changes, Port Town Aero gimps you, but hey, if you know where you are, then it shouldn't take away from the fight, right? Distant Planet has an edge that can be camped, and the rain can ruin some characters (as can the mouf), but that's no big deal, right?

I want an actual reason for us to NOT ban PS2. Low gravity mode makes Marth a nightmare, and allows GaW's already ridiculous uair and ^b to further ruin characters, and even kills. The treadmills are hellbent on ruining slower characters, particularly the larger ones, and whoever gets to the middle first has a crazy advantage. Earth mode isn't terrible, but neutral is really the only mode that is worth much.

Seriously, PS2 is banned, why do people defend it? I want a solid reason NOT to ban it.

With that said, X, no one is going to just zoom up to UT for a tournament without at least a month's notice. Even then, we won't go for a play 'n trade, as those tournaments are notorious for being absolutely atrocious.
Tony, you put too much thought into your posts and know what you're talking about, how can I compete with that? I guess I'll have to concede, but I'm taking Pirate Ship down with Norfair and PS2!!! BWA HA HA HA HA HA!!!

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
Tony, you put too much thought into your posts and know what you're talking about, how can I compete with that? I guess I'll have to concede, but I'm taking Pirate Ship down with Norfair and PS2!!! BWA HA HA HA HA HA!!!
Tony doesn't care about Pirate Ship, he loses to first time GaW players there. I think you meant Tim.

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Ban Pirate Ship, because when you're camping the water, you can totally shield and roll and sidestep and grab...waaaait a second....

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
There's no reason to ban Luigi's Mansion. Don't like how it plays? Break the pillars. They're weak as hell. No johnz, son.

And yeah, Pirate Ship shouldn't be banned. It isn't an instant-win with Ness, as I proved when I lost to Yang.

Demolisho

Smash Apprentice
Pirateship should be banned. You proved nothing! NOTHING!!!! *puts fingers in ears*

Cliche-Guevara

Smash Cadet
Mike find a ride up to denver so you can smash with me tim and tony

Also, if you ban pirate ship kittens die, and without kittens we would have no lolcats, and who wants that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor T View Post
I'm curious... how do you instantly break the grab? I've seen my friend do this to me a couple times, but I'm not sure how it works.
I had assumed that this was common knowledge because I've been more or less gone from the boards for a while, but apparently it's not.

Press R (or the shield button if using non-standard controls, I assume) right as you are grabbed. An amazing metaknight player called WOPL showed me. I haven't been able to do it reliably, but it certainly is reproducible. I saw him break one of my grabs like that.

I'm surprised that this isn't bigger news. It certainly seems like a few people are at least vaguely aware that it can be done, even if they don't know exactly how. If it something that can be easily mastered, this has the potential to negate all chain grabs (and perhaps open up a lot of stages that would otherwise be banned). If someone has recording equipment and can make a video of it, I would be appreciative. It might also help remove the gimp on Snake, make non-chain grabs even more worthless, and do a lot of things that I haven't anticipated.

Is this actually how this works?

Would save Fox / Ness / Lucas from falling in the tiers...

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Hey, Ferdi, as long as you hit with all portions of the dair, for some reason, it autocancels/stuns them long enough for dair to rest to work.

Still, wtf?

Cliche-Guevara

Smash Cadet
The trip animation still counts as combo-able time, there is nothing ANYONE can do about the trip animation so why shouldn't it be a combo?

It counts consecutive hits as combos until the opponent could have done something to avoid it.

Demolisho

Smash Apprentice
Tony, in all honesty, I want a good reason to not ban Pirate Ship, because from what I've seen. Ness+Tim there= unbeatably annoying.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Name me anyone that played a known Ness counter/outcamped against me on that stage and lost.

I've beaten: Tony(Zelda), Jeris(Luigi), Ferdi(DK Sheik Ness), some random scrub(DDD). I guess the DDD could've counted, but all I did there was remove chaingrabbing and he got beaten to a pulp.

Ness can be beaten there, I can be beaten there. Protip: I beat Tony's Zelda there without camping. No one has tried pokemangs or marf there, let alone gaw, lucas, sonic(his dair is scary in the water), MK, snake, spacies.

When I've shown that Ness can defeat any character there, we can talk about banning. As it is, if I go into the water without a lead, all the other person has to do is go to the far end of the ship and then go get a soda until a cannonball knocks me into the spike part of the ship.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Hi guys, NM sucks again.

Co is cool.

Jeris is awesome though.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
Old old old. FBH is like the only pro player to seriously be hated by the people. Savior and FBH doesn't have a rivalry, its just bad blood, they ****ing hate each other, sadly, Savior hasn't been able to beat FBH in any of his matches. He lost his proleague match which he really needed to shut FBH up, but since he lost he has to redeem himself in the MSL. He really needs the win too since like I said they hate each other.

Current best race players

Terran - FireBatHero/Flash
Zerg - Jaedong
Protoss - Best/Lucifer/815/Stork

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Ferdi, when are you up for some more SC? I'm getting bored with Brawl again. Trying to keep from bailing for AZ.

I need a confirmed list of people by Tuesday, so I can write up our budget.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
Ferdi, when are you up for some more SC? I'm getting bored with Brawl again. Trying to keep from bailing for AZ.

I need a confirmed list of people by Tuesday, so I can write up our budget.
I'm up whenever, I've been playing a few more matches against some of them clan gfaq members, and I can host ob games so we can watch matches instead of actually playing them if you want.

So, seriously, who is going to az12step? Me, Tony, Nite, Yang, Jeris, Mikezor, Magus, Ferdi, Cliche, Khadir?

Remix am i rite?

Mikezor

Smash Journeyman
So, seriously, who is going to az12step? Me, Tony, Nite, Yang, Jeris, Mikezor, Magus, Ferdi, Cliche, Khadir?

Remix am i rite?

But seriously guys, who is going to az12step?

spiritdragon

Smash Ace

Remix am i rite?

But seriously guys, who is going to az12step?

Mikezor

Smash Journeyman
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. So, seriously, who is going to az12step? Me, Tony, Nite, Yang, Jeris, Mikezor, Magus, Ferdi, Cliche, Khadir?

Remix am i rite?

But seriously guys, who is going to az12step? Me, Tony, Nite, Yang, Jeris, Mikezor, Magus, Ferdi, Cliche, Khadir?

Top Bottom