• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

ZeroXMachine

Smash Apprentice
Furthermore, I REALLY want to get a gathering up in NorCo. In the past **** has fallen through because of conflicts. I think the weekend of the 9th of May would be a great tune up before the King of the Springs. Tim said he would come up, and anyone else is invited obviously. If we got melee going that'd be nice as well.

Question: What would you guys think if I created a Youtube account for just CO Smash? I was thinking about doing that, unless we have one? I would put our recent videos up there. And it would be nice not to have to plug up all my page with other people's videos, if I have that option. If not, I truly don't mind.

Gimme feedback please.
May 9th NoCO: I have finals the week after May 11th. Honestly though, I can probably make it. I'll have to look at my schedule. If anyone else is interested, we can car-pool (I'm in Lakewood). How many NoCO folks do we have?? I know at least two serious smashers and a few budding smashers up there.

I think a Youtube account for CO Smash is great idea, Flux.

Halfro

Smash Rookie
Sorry I havent been around in a little bit. Been all kinds of busy but, I have some updates for the tournament in may. Note date and scedule changes! If people are still available to go, I will update the sign ups as needed!

Yeah, another one. :). Top two spots will be SEEDED at our major in september. Its nice not to have to play so many games all the time.

When:
05-23-09

Where:
Starz FilmCenter
Gallery 30
900 Auraria Parkway
Denver, CO 80204

What time:
Casuals start @ 10:30am
Start time @ 12:00pm

*Tournament WILL start EXACTLY @ 11:30am. If you are late, your not getting in the bracket. Your not buying your way in. Show up on time if you plan on being apart of this event. We will NOT be waiting for folks that go missing in any match. If you are called 3 times and none of the directors know where you are at, DQ. DQ will count as a loss for ex: if you are in the winners, you will go the the losers. If you are in the losers, you are out of the tournament.

Games:
SF4
HDR
SC4
BRAWL*
* I will talk with the brawl community "heads" to make sure that we have everything we need for this tournament to happen.

Format:
Community Fund: $10.00
Entry: $5.00
Double elimination
2/3 untill finals, 3/5 finals

Tournament Scedule:
12pm - 2pm SC4, HDR (Brawl starting at 1pm and ongoing)
2pm - 4pm SF4 (Brawl still ongoing)
4pm - 5:30pm Finals and clean up*

*There won't be any casuals going on during the finals. When we make it to last game that needs to be in the finals, ALL stations will be going off and set up so everyone can watch the finals.

Rules:
Hdr: default time/rounds, Both akumas are banned.
Sf4: default time/rounds/damage, all characters allowed
Sc4: default time/3of5 rounds, Apprentice/Algol are allowed. Rest of guests are banned.
Brawl: Go here

Please bring your own controller. Some will be there but, if you own any you should bring it. We are going to dq people who are holding up tournaments because lack of equipment.

Please sign up and let us know you are coming!

SF4
Halfro
Klt
Recon
Dragon
Pedro
Knucka
Pix
Handsome Tim
Egg
Kyles
Krsjin
Tage
Hydro
Klt
Stikfiga
Mas
Cisco
Alan
Pablo

HDR
Halfro
Recon
Dragon
Knucka
Kyles
Mas

SC4
Recon
Dragon
Knucka
Egg
Kyles
Krsjin
Torn
Tage
Hydro
Pablo

Brawl*
Recon
Handsome Tim

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Yes plz to CO smashtube.

I'll be in town thursday, if anything's going on at all.
I have class all day. Why does everything happen on Thursdays?

You better be ready for genesis crew battles though, I dont want to hear any johns when me and OR take your moneys.
See? And who said Steve wasn't funny occasionally?

We are Colorado, feel our wrath!
We've got ***** like a chainsaw, we'll cut you in half, ha-ha-ha!
I love you.

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
Sorry I havent been around in a little bit. Been all kinds of busy but, I have some updates for the tournament in may. Not date and scedule changes! If people are still available to go, I will update the sign ups as needed!

Yeah, another one. :). Top two spots will be SEEDED at our major in september. Its nice not to have to play so many games all the time.

When:
05-23-09

Where:
Starz FilmCenter
Gallery 30
900 Auraria Parkway
Denver, CO 80204

What time:
Casuals start @ 10:30am
Start time @ 12:00pm

*Tournament WILL start EXACTLY @ 11:30am. If you are late, your not getting in the bracket. Your not buying your way in. Show up on time if you plan on being apart of this event. We will NOT be waiting for folks that go missing in any match. If you are called 3 times and none of the directors know where you are at, DQ. DQ will count as a loss for ex: if you are in the winners, you will go the the losers. If you are in the losers, you are out of the tournament.

Games:
SF4
HDR
SC4
BRAWL*
* I will talk with the brawl community "heads" to make sure that we have everything we need for this tournament to happen.

Format:
Community Fund: $10.00
Entry: $5.00
Double elimination
2/3 untill finals, 3/5 finals

Tournament Scedule:
12pm - 2pm SC4, HDR (Brawl starting at 1pm and ongoing)
2pm - 4pm SF4 (Brawl still ongoing)
4pm - 5:30pm Finals and clean up*

*There won't be any casuals going on during the finals. When we make it to last game that needs to be in the finals, ALL stations will be going off and set up so everyone can watch the finals.

Rules:
Hdr: default time/rounds, Both akumas are banned.
Sf4: default time/rounds/damage, all characters allowed
Sc4: default time/3of5 rounds, Apprentice/Algol are allowed. Rest of guests are banned.
Brawl: Go here

Please bring your own controller. Some will be there but, if you own any you should bring it. We are going to dq people who are holding up tournaments because lack of equipment.

Please sign up and let us know you are coming!

SF4
Halfro
Klt
Recon
Dragon
Pedro
Knucka
Pix
Handsome Tim
Egg
Kyles
Krsjin
Tage
Hydro
Klt
Stikfiga
Mas
Cisco
Alan
Pablo

HDR
Halfro
Recon
Dragon
Knucka
Kyles
Mas

SC4
Recon
Dragon
Knucka
Egg
Kyles
Krsjin
Torn
Tage
Hydro
Pablo

Brawl*
Recon
Handsome Tim
i will be going to this

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Remember everyone, the EFL tourney is teams only for brawl, so make sure your teammate gets signed up as well.

Dekar173

Justice Man
So, how many of CO is coming to Abq to give us their money? Brawl tourney May 30th, $5 venue $15 singles entry $5/partner doubles :)

I'd really like to do crew battles too. Timotee let me know!

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Jam and Recon could be a pretty scary team. "Too Black For Video Games" may end up being just that!

So, how many of CO are coming to Abq to have us give them our money? Brawl tourney May 30th, $5 venue $15 singles entry $5/partner doubles :)
Fix'd that for ya, in case you forgot how well NM actually does vs CO. Ohsnap!

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
I dunno, Tony. I heard that Kash guy used to be good. But I also heard that Sinz loses to people that aren't even good.

Fluxus

Smash Cadet
I fully expect NM to give ME money Dekar.

Okay, I will create YT CO smash account today.
I can get a crowd for NorCo going I believe.

EDIT: Please let me know if someone wants to be my partner for EFL. Keep in mind, I'm wanting to win. Lol.

Fluxus

Smash Cadet
I present SmashColorado. http://www.youtube.com/user/SmashColorado

Meno and R have first vid. All our stuff will be uploaded to that channel. I will promote that channel best I can. If you guys have videos you want up, I'll give you the password, but only to a few people. I've had negative experiences with that type of thing in the past...

Otherwise, no NM tourney for me, I'll be graduating high school.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
I'd have videos, but I delete any vids I post after I put them up =/

Also, Krazykirbykid is too **** good.

Also, Meno is pretty darn good.

Also, Justin Wooooooong!

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Woot - we need to get more recording equipmants.

I would, but I'm graduating. Hopefully.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Hey, can anyone link me to that NVGA pic of me and jamaal that is apparently all the hype?

Flux, let's team for EFL and show Tim/Nite what happens when you have a REAL Metaknight on your team.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
At least erg and ferdi put some creative effort into their mockery of it, chap. I'd expect more of you.

Just walk away.

Chap™

Smash Journeyman
its not even worth the effort for such a ****ty game
and you don't have to apologize I feel sorry for you buddy
play a better game yo

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Totally on topic, I've been meaning to ask you Chap, what is your little avatar?

Edit question: So the question is, Dave, do you like brawl just because you win at it, or do you just like brawl?

T

talarq

Heya guys, Cutthroat was a lot of fun despite the tiny room and wet socks.

Jamaal - Good games, good games.
Flux - I haven't been thrashed that bad in awhile. We should play more, I could use the MK/DDD practice.
Meno - I'll bring a whole wii next time to commandeer an unused tv. Hopefully we can finish a game before Nite yells at us for friendlies.
Tim - Thanks for the few games and tips, constructive criticism is always welcome.
Nite - Always looking to put people to shame with their mains...jk :) Nice seeing Mario played differently than me
Zerox - Drunken Brawl this weekend! Loser of first stock takes a shot. First to 5 shots loses (or wins?).

Hope to see you guys at the Springs tourney next month. I think I'll be there the whole time since it's my hometown. Anyone up for Chinese buffet crab legs?

NoCo Smash - May 9 sorta works for me. I can play all day but I have a musical to see at around 7. So I don't think I can host unless Zerox wants to host at my house haha.

Halfro

Smash Rookie
Alright everyone, I need you AND your teammate picked before I will sign you up. Figure your teams out!!

:D

Top Bottom