• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I'd go crazy if I could make Devastation, but I must save for Genesis. :/

Haz funz guyz.

MoblinMan

Smash Apprentice
wait, what's wrong with the levelling system?

I bought this because I finished everything in Fallout3 and the guys at the store said this was cool too. Not to mention I only have Live every other week because of the lack of internet at one house.

Cliche-Guevara

Smash Cadet
In oblivion the enemies would level with your character, making every quest appoximately the same difficulty no matter when you did them.

However, since your character only "levels" when you get an increase in one of your primary skills, this means you could take things like Trade, alchemy, and Speech as your main skills and level every other skill (Markmanship, Unarmed, Light Armor, eg...) without actually leveling. You then would be running around with combat skills of a much higher level than any enemy in the game. The reverse of this is if you try to make a character with the main skills of Alchemy or Trade and actually level those skills and neglect the combat skills you will eventually make it near impossible to make it through some quests dues to the enemies being much much higher level than your combat skills.

I hope that made sense, ask Tim if you are still confused.

MoblinMan

Smash Apprentice
Ok, so let me see if I have this right. In order to stay ahead of the curve, I should work on my NON-primary skills more than my primary ones. Right?

So If I'm a sorcerer I should try kicking some *** with swords and get my block up a ton. Am I getting it?

Cliche-Guevara

Smash Cadet
If you want to play a caster class, you should pick your primary skills to be like heavy armor, markmanship, and speech, if you want it to be easiest

Leveling Caster skills from low levels is a real pain in the ***.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Nay, the latest PM I have is from mikezor for the videos I posted.

And yeah, that's the problem with Oblivion leveling. If you want to stay competitive, you can't have your primary skills be the skills you want. Like, I tried to make a cool acrobatic guy, so I had things like athletics as my primaries. Turns out that when you do that, you end up way outclassed by baddies fairly quickly.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Well, if you sent it, I still didn't get it. You could always IM or email it to me. Email is my login at gmail

MoblinMan

Smash Apprentice
Are Tim and Tony still going to devastation or no?

Because if they aren't, I just reminded myself to remind Tim to remind himself to bring the sheet music I left over at his house to the smashfest on Saturday.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
...Well, David HAS smash 64, so I'm pretty sure it will be there. And we aren't going to Dev. And I never got the pw.

MoblinMan

Smash Apprentice
Tony, bring the cello to the smashfest on Saturday ( if Marronator is okay iwth it).

It's time to learn teh first position.

Oh and how to not hold the bow like a caveman, LOL!

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
If everyone's coming anyway, why not have a little ranking tournament then?

Thoughts?

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I don't think I'll be going to the fest tomorrow. Also, I need to get a cello bow. Practicing with an old violin bow breaks my heart, hurts my ears, and cramps mah style.

But yeah, do RR ranking tournament at David's and gimme the results. Disqualify anyone that shows up for only part of it. Don't even put them on the list.

Underload

Lazy
Wow, that sucks that Tony can't show up.

But, I don't think you need to be so strict about the rules. If people have to leave, they have to leave. Use the partial results you have already and try making a list with that. Everybody doesn't have to play everybody to be rank-able.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Wow, that sucks that Tony can't show up.

But, I don't think you need to be so strict about the rules. If people have to leave, they have to leave. Use the partial results you have already and try making a list with that. Everybody doesn't have to play everybody to be rank-able.
No offense, but you have no idea what you're talking about.

We've been there and done that. You know what happens? Ferdi and Mikezor come in, **** people at your skill level/higher, then leave. Guess what that means? Instead of you being 7th, you're 14th. Grats.

You want legit rankings, you do it legit. Use either TIO or a paper bracket, best of 2. Add up the points, and give me the results. Tie breakers can either be tied, or should be played as a full set. Don't let someone be ranked higher just because they 2-0'ed the person in RR format. Give the other person a second chance. I won't post the rankings until I get the tio file or paper bracket.

Also, you should make people pay money, so there are no johns. $5 is what I normally do for these things.

Of course, you could just make a new thread for our Brawl rankings, if you want. Just know that I won't use it for NVGA seeding if ya do that.

Sorry, crabby mood so I'm being shorter than I should. No food+being in the sun+being drained from donating+needing to somehow get 128 people to come to our Brawl tournament at supercon=me verrrrrrry grumpy.

But I gave you a cello bow! D:

Ganon will get 1st place behind Ness ^.^
My mommy sez it's a violin bow. Same wif' one of my friends that used to play. They could just both be wrong, but something feels really wrong. It like... scrapes. Especially on the A string, no matter how I hold the cello. D:

Maybe I just need to put a metric crapton more rosin on. I dunno.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Yea, I remember our last fail round robin. :urg:

Why isn't there TIO for Macs... >___>

Top Bottom