• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

MK.II

Smash Rookie
All of you cool kids are playing Blazblue... makes me want to pick up 2D fighters.

Any suggestions on a game that'll teach me the basics that I can pick up? I was thinking Street Fighter.

Underload

Lazy
@ JCVD: Street Fighter's probably a good place to start. Or Melee.

I'm learning Melee and have only played Street Fighter 4 once, at EFL when DFG let me borrow his PS3 controller.

Also, who came to your smashfest? Sorry I couldn't go, if I were 16, I'd be at every smashfest ever.

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
On general 2D fighters:
Street Fighter, yes.
Melee, no.

BlazBlue is a pretty good start too, IMO. It's not horrendously fast, fits tons of play styles, and has a DVD to teach you stuff!

BlazBlue has been hella fun. Taokaka is crazy nuts to watch run around, but I haven't exactly played a good one yet. I think I'll be sticking with Litchi for a while, at least.

When is this thing at DFG's. If there's BlazBlue, I wanna go too!

Lawkk

Smash Rookie
@MK.II

HD Remix/SF4 for spacing and camping
3rd strike for reading and abusing mechanics (SGGKS/KARA ANYONE?!?!?!)
MvC2 for execution lulz

I'm up for 3rd strike if anyone wants to play on 2df btw =P

@Tony

I actually dont even have blazblue lol. My cousin bought it and ive been playing it. Taokaka is a good character but it is annoying to sit through a 7 second combo to have only 10% of your life taken lol. Aside from ragna where it takes 2 seconds for 10%. Why is his damage output so low or am I just playing him wrong? =(

Nu is too good. 30% combos from across stage and so good at the gtfo ****. I'm calling top tier for Nu.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Nu has already been top tier with Arakune and Rachel over in japan. Arakune and Rachel are more along the lines of Shiek in melee, ****** low tiers, while nu is basically 6:4 against everyone O.o

Blazblue isn't a bad game to learn 2d from, in SF you'll learn patience, but not a lot of things that BB does, like air game.

That being said, Slayer is not allowed for you Ferdi!

And finally, the thing at DFG's is supposed to be all BB, if it is happening.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
DFG had it on Wednesday and didn't tell us. He's scared.

Off the top of my head, Ken Neth and Terios the Hedgehog knew you as Izzy.
Oh, alright. Yeah, I know those losers.

All of you cool kids are playing Blazblue... makes me want to pick up 2D fighters.

Any suggestions on a game that'll teach me the basics that I can pick up? I was thinking Street Fighter.
Just pick up BB. If you asked a couple months ago, I would have said SF4/HDR, CvS2 (Mahvel execution ain't got **** on 1 frame links for every BnB evar), and GG (for airdash mechanics and ****). Now that it's out? Just play Blazblue. Each character essentially plays like a different fighting game, no ****.

@MK.II

HD Remix/SF4 for spacing and camping
3rd strike for reading and abusing mechanics (SGGKS/KARA ANYONE?!?!?!)
MvC2 for execution lulz

I'm up for 3rd strike if anyone wants to play on 2df btw =P

@Tony

I actually dont even have blazblue lol. My cousin bought it and ive been playing it. Taokaka is a good character but it is annoying to sit through a 7 second combo to have only 10% of your life taken lol. Aside from ragna where it takes 2 seconds for 10%. Why is his damage output so low or am I just playing him wrong? =(

Nu is too good. 30% combos from across stage and so good at the gtfo ****. I'm calling top tier for Nu.
Does u has a 360? Get it for that, if you do. :D!

I didn't notice how low/high her damage output is. I'll post later tellin' ya what I think, but I'm just as scrub as everyone else at this game.

Go to dustloop. :D!

MK.II

Smash Rookie

I'm learning Melee and have only played Street Fighter 4 once, at EFL when DFG let me borrow his PS3 controller.

Also, who came to your smashfest? Sorry I couldn't go, if I were 16, I'd be at every smashfest ever.
Well, Tai came. And Kyle. Two people from the Springs. Sorta sad more people didn't come. Oh well.

I've been playing some SF 3rd Strike (since I have not a PS3 or 360) to get some of the basic mechanics down. Hopefully I'll be able to get a hold of BB before too long.

MK.II

Smash Rookie
Well if you were to hold a Smashfest on the weekend (Sat / Sun), then a lot more people would come. Some have work johns, I myself have age johns.
I can hold one on Saturday, but Meno told me he might have one.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Speaking of which, yes, I'd really like to get some smashing in before we go off to Genesis. Would there be genuine interest in something at my place this Sunday?

(prolly Sunday, since Saturday is the 4th of July)

I've finally managed to persuade the 15 Mexican children out of the house for the day.

And Tim, I can totally pitch in for the room. Do we have an itinerary/budget set?

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
So, would you guys be ok with a single room for Thurs/Fri/Sat, then either mooching or heading back Sunday night? That'd be $160 or so, so $40 each. About $45 for a double, so I guess we could do that. Let me know and I'll reserve a room tomorrow, if these rates will still apply.

Also, preference on leaving: Late Wed or Early Thurs? By early I mean like 6 or 7am. Late I mean really anything after rush hour is dead.

MK.II

Smash Rookie
Speaking of which, yes, I'd really like to get some smashing in before we go off to Genesis. Would there be genuine interest in something at my place this Sunday?

(prolly Sunday, since Saturday is the 4th of July)

I've finally managed to persuade the 15 Mexican children out of the house for the day.

And Tim, I can totally pitch in for the room. Do we have an itinerary/budget set?

I would go, but I've got ride johns. Kyle can't go, and Tai... well, he probably won't either. But, good luck at Genesis to all of you going.

MoblinMan

Smash Apprentice
So, would you guys be ok with a single room for Thurs/Fri/Sat, then either mooching or heading back Sunday night? That'd be $160 or so, so $40 each. About $45 for a double, so I guess we could do that. Let me know and I'll reserve a room tomorrow, if these rates will still apply.

Also, preference on leaving: Late Wed or Early Thurs? By early I mean like 6 or 7am. Late I mean really anything after rush hour is dead.

I'm fine with the single or double, I'll help pay for either one.

How much for gas, since there's 4 of us, and where are we leaving from?

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
We'll be leaving from my house, with 4 of us gas will be about $40 each or so. So total for the trip will probably be around $200 after food and MMs and such.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
OMG this was the most currently posted in thread of the REGIONAL ZONES!!!
Also, I'm changing my name to ...
DTL is well....pretty ****ing ***gy...

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I was bored so I namesearched and here I am. lol
Dayumnz. That's how everyone finds this thread. Come to SuperCon.

Why is Tony talking about DotA when BlazBlue just came out?
That's a good question, I thought Steve would be talking about it.
I've decided to start referring to you two as dipshit and bitchtits whenever that lame excuse for humour surfaces.

Or I could call one of you O.J. and the other Ted Bundy.

BETTER YET! Jamaal Tim can be Angelo Mendez, and Tim can be Stephanie Meyer. Get it? One of you eats your own son's eye, and the other can't write! You decide who is who! :D :D :D

No offense to Steve, of course. I don't equate him to them. I think, anyway.

EDIT: Jamz latest post makes me love him again, so he is exempt. I'm not joking about it, though. Seriously annoys the hell out of me, and not in a good way.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Dayumnz. That's how everyone finds this thread. Come to SuperCon.

I've decided to start referring to you two as dipshit and bitchtits whenever that lame excuse for humour surfaces.

Or I could call one of you O.J. and the other Ted Bundy.

BETTER YET! Jamaal Tim can be Angelo Mendez, and Tim can be Stephanie Meyer. Get it? One of you eats your own son's eye, and the other can't write! You decide who is who! :D :D :D

No offense to Steve, of course. I don't equate him to them. I think, anyway.

EDIT: Jamz latest post makes me love him again, so he is exempt. I'm not joking about it, though. Seriously annoys the hell out of me, and not in a good way.
Daddy ate my eyes.

Secondary idea: Tell people when something is angering, instead of grumping about it for a couple days and then spazzing out on the intertubes.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Alright guys. Here's my contribution for the Genesis trip:

Because it looks like I'm screwed. All that hype and saved up money for nothing.

**** everything.

I hate you Moblin, with your magical ability to convince parents to let their kid go across the country to play a video game.

My parents' excuses are basically:
- "You're undeserving of it because you suck at your designated household tasks."
- "Tim is a potential pedophile who sleeps in distant hotel rooms with younger boys."

Oh well... I'll just waste the money on moar vidya gaemz/my n64 collection revamp.

MoblinMan

Smash Apprentice
But Tim's too handsome to be a pedo D:

lololol

ok, wanna know the secret?
here it is:

Don't have any designated household chores.

there ya go.

also my dad hitch-hiked across the country when he was 17, so my parents are pretty lax about some nerdy road trip to cali.

hit me up on AIM though tim, I need some info about the trip

edit: I think one of my friends has that dollar bill hanging on their wall...

Top Bottom