• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Fluxus

Smash Cadet
No one planks. Lol. And it would be hard to do it effectively. I may start planking though when the money crunch gets tough.

The rule is good by the way. 55.

EDIT: I'll make sure to come support you at evo Lunch, I'll watch all your matches :)

MK.II

Smash Rookie
Ryyudo, you done failed me! I dunno, was someone on efl offering housing? Maybe I could call in 1/60th of what Don owes me
People coming down for the Springs tourneys this week can stay at my house. There's comfortably room for 5ish if you guys don't mind floor/couch.

My address is 3906 Fetlock Circle, Colorado Springs, CO 80918

We can all just go to my place after the tournament on Friday and sleep/play Brawl there.

(someone should bring a Wii, since I don't have one.)

Also, if you want, bring blankets or whatever. I should have enough though.

Underload

Lazy
the lack of a venue/money is putting a damper on the idea.
Maybe we should try and see if we can rent out EFL's regular venue / the venue that Cutthroat GameFest was at / one of the other venues that Cutthroat as used. At least see about how much the cost is to rent a venue out for a day :/

Edit: About MGC:

Registration starts at 5:00 and the Tournament starts at 7:00 for each tournament.

Oh, uh, wow. That might pose a problem.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
*cue sad trombone* Yeah yeah, we're working on it, but the lack of a venue/money is putting a damper on the idea. Unless someone has an empty barn somewhere.

As for the ledgegrab rule, it's only 5 more than the limit at Genesis. Besides, who do you know in CO that planks? And that is any good?
Lol, did you read my post as "OMG PLANKING NEEDS TO BE BANNED!!!!!!!!!!1" or something? It was just a general thought about the rule.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
It is the following tomosaterdauy.

No spelt, just pointing out that it's a fairly standard amount. And only the 2nd half of the comment was to ye. And I was curious if we even had any plankers.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
MK.II, thank ye for the offer of housing. Ryyudo and I are gonna crash with a GG/BB guy so jam can get more practice in on that, since we can do friendlies at the mcdonalds thing for most of saturday, I think.

T

talarq

Tim and Jamaal, when do you think you'll be down in the Springs? I'd like to get some friendlies in before I have to leave around 5:30. I think my fox is getting pretty solid and playing against MKII's snake is tiring after a few hours lol.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Spelt says melee Fox isn't hard to play.

But that's cause he can't tech the down throw. I was doing Fox CGs that don't even exist.

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
Tim and Jamaal, when do you think you'll be down in the Springs? I'd like to get some friendlies in before I have to leave around 5:30. I think my fox is getting pretty solid and playing against MKII's snake is tiring after a few hours lol.
Good question, we haven't talked about it.

Personally, I would like to leave early to beat the traffic. I'm sure Tim wouldn't disagree either about leaving early, but I think it'd depend on his work for that day.

MK.II

Smash Rookie
MK.II, thank ye for the offer of housing. Ryyudo and I are gonna crash with a GG/BB guy so jam can get more practice in on that, since we can do friendlies at the mcdonalds thing for most of saturday, I think.
No problem. It's probably a good idea for you guys to get BB practice in anyway. I'll see you guys at the tourneys. You gotta promise me many friendlies. : D

If anyone else still needs a place, you're still welcome.

Edit:

More dair from behind and more camping! (at least against Snake)

Also, I'm too stupid to figure out how to DI utilt. I wouldn't try it too much on people who are actually good. But the jab cancels to utilt, and jab cancels to grabs were pretty good as well as the dair to usmash combo. Still not sure if it has frames where I can escape though. You should look into that. Other than that, good chasing and you need to learn the jump shine thingy... too much lag.

FOOOOOOOOXXXXXXXXXXX!

the Marronator

Smash Ace
Maybe if I played Melee Marronator, I don't own a wii, and sold my gamecube. It's tough enough finding time to practice Brawl >.>
Well I'd love to MM you in Brawl then :D
I'll check with my parents if it is fine for me to go. Thanks ahead of time though :3
haha np
No problem. It's probably a good idea for you guys to get BB practice in anyway. I'll see you guys at the tourneys. You gotta promise me many friendlies. : D

If anyone else still needs a place, you're still welcome.
I definitely might take up your offer! I'll confirm by tonight if I am

Also, here is something older than old but just made me laugh wayyy too hard: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOyb-fqnN28

T

talarq

More dair from behind and more camping! (at least against Snake)

Also, I'm too stupid to figure out how to DI utilt. I wouldn't try it too much on people who are actually good. But the jab cancels to utilt, and jab cancels to grabs were pretty good as well as the dair to usmash combo. Still not sure if it has frames where I can escape though. You should look into that. Other than that, good chasing and you need to learn the jump shine thingy... too much lag.

FOOOOOOOOXXXXXXXXXXX!
You might be able to tech out of the dair -> usmash like GW's down throw. Really the easiest way for me to beat you is throw you off the ledge multiple times and rack up 15-30% each time. You tend to just cypher->air dodge when getting back on stage so it's easy to predict and follow up.

Also, it turns out I have to leave by 3 pm so I don't think I can get friendlies in. :( Let me know if you guys arrive before 2 and we can play :)

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Hm...Good to know. Personally I'm anti ban but I don't really care too much. Still, if he gets banned, I would at least hope the take Snake with him...But if Meta's gone, TL can do SO much better...
Meh...I like the little puff-ball.

Dekar173

Justice Man
MK took over half of the pot at Genesis, enough said.

Snake took first and...

9th (or 12th, depending on how you look at it).

DSF, a well known snake "main" took 17th, but went MK.

MK's a broken pos character, and we all know this, everyone's just too scared to grow a pair and ban him for fear of being viewed as scrubby by the rest of the nation ;)

Not to mention, CO seems too honorable to be using MK.

Top Bottom