• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Fluxus

Smash Cadet
Lawl I didn't do any MM's. I don't do them unless people ask me, and even then it's a swing. I guess I don't like the idea of playing for money only? I feel like I'd have to play very very VERY gay, which I'm not a big fan of unless I have to. But here and there I'll do some MM's because I do like serious sets. Not too many though at Supercon. Just a few.

SO offer up MM's now! Gimme a price and I'll let you know! Or you can just offer at the venue.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
fino why would you ruin that for me >___________<

oh well

grab releases on ness makes him move his feet as long as ness holds away so is that still banned?

Fino

Smash Master
And Fino, really? You've got like 70 other infinites to choose from, do you need to use the buffered fthrow? Or are you just being difficult? =P
Difficult... In tournament I would use a standard bthrow to dthrow/fthrow buffer CG... but in friendlies everything is fair game :D
@Fino- thanks a lot, you just gave Goyf another tool to infinite with, and this one damages FAST ><
It's really hard to do except on big characters like bowser, samus, DDD, ect. I've done 60% on mario before I effed up... and mario is like impossible to do that with @.@

~Fino

Demolisho

Smash Apprentice
Tony, in comparison to SFIV's online, anything is amazing. Except for anything wii...........

*edit*
MELEE! MELEE! MELEE! We should play melee :D

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Yes, the grab release by marth/charizard is still banned, unless charizard actually HAS to walk forward to regrab, not just grab again, as is DDD's infinite grab and Wario's on DK. I know wario's isn't technically an infinite, but it going to 185% is close enough. Plus, does anyone but me that's going to be there play wario in tourney?

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
why come you know show to genesis melee CO kids :(

haha my bro and I were looking for you guys but no luck I suppose. Anyone going to Pound 4?
Cuz it cost money we didn't have. D:

Come to Supercon and get whooped with the rest of NM. :D :D :D! <3

Quick question...does Colorado mostly use 360 or PS3 for BB, SFIV, and MvC2? I'm thinking of buying one of the two. I just wanna know which one CO will be online on :p
360 for the most part, but some of our really good players play psn. So yeah, up to you.

Tony, in comparison to SFIV's online, anything is amazing. Except for anything wii...........

*edit*
MELEE! MELEE! MELEE! We should play melee :D
Duh.

KY_Des

Smash Ace
I wanna play you in BB and GGAC. I haven't played GGAC in forever, tho. D: D: D:

But yeah. I'll play you in Brawl, too. Even if the game is balls, playing good players is fun, and I wanna see a good Pit already.

No MM, tho. Cept maybe GG/BB, depending on how I'm feeling that day, and how deep mah pockets are.

Or Melee. Cuz I love that game and all.
I suck at melee lol, but I'd be happy to play you in ggac and bb. If you wanna mm we can, but we dont have to. Jus lemme know while I'm there.

Save me some, I'll be hungry @ SuperCon.

Also, $5 MM, Ky? I've been saving up for this tourney for a long time and now it's time to gamble everything away!
lmao yea sure, lets do it.

KY, we'll record our $20 MM, and you'll feel stupid for making me that much richer while trying to act like an internet tough guy :D hopefully it'll be up on livestream so my friends here in Abq. can watch me make you my ***** =o

/****talk

But seriously, I remember losing a MM to Sheya (Shaya? SPEELCHEKC) out of all the MMs I played. Either you refused to MM me, or you're lying. I didn't keep track of friendlies much, just stuff that mattered ;D

Either way, it'll all be settled next week! >:D
Seiya was his name. Hopefully you got a hell of alot better. If you lost a mm to Seiya, you stand absolutely no chance against me. We can record or livestream it or w/e, I'm really not too concerned with it as long as you have the money to give me.

As for not MM'ing you, I didn't because you asked to mm after the friendlies as I was ready to go to the rave. I wasnt missing the rave to play brawl with a random kid from NM.

I'll bring the KY so you wont be too butthurt after you get *****. I'm nice like that

Dekar173

Justice Man
I suck at melee lol, but I'd be happy to play you in ggac and bb. If you wanna mm we can, but we dont have to. Jus lemme know while I'm there.

lmao yea sure, lets do it.

Seiya was his name. Hopefully you got a hell of alot better. If you lost a mm to Seiya, you stand absolutely no chance against me. We can record or livestream it or w/e, I'm really not too concerned with it as long as you have the money to give me.

As for not MM'ing you, I didn't because you asked to mm after the friendlies as I was ready to go to the rave. I wasnt missing the rave to play brawl with a random kid from NM.

I'll bring the KY so you wont be too butthurt after you get *****. I'm nice like that
How often do you win Kansas' tourneys, if ever? :)

If you don't consistently win them, I'll feel kind of bad going into this match knowing full well I'm going to be taking your money. But that's life I guess ^^

Keep up with the **** talk though, I wanna make a monstrous multiquote followed by "lol *****" after you give me some money for Chipotle this weekend >:D

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
I keep telling you, there are better places than Chipotle to eat in Denver, and all the OOSers can experience them and rejoice in the fact that Denver's food is better than back home.

Also, watching Evo livestream today made me miss GG. I haven't practiced/played that game in so long =(

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
Yes, the grab release by marth/charizard is still banned, unless charizard actually HAS to walk forward to regrab, not just grab again, as is DDD's infinite grab and Wario's on DK. I know wario's isn't technically an infinite, but it going to 185% is close enough. Plus, does anyone but me that's going to be there play wario in tourney?
they can regrab in place without walking but ness can pull them on the grab by holding away so that they move closer to the edge regardless.

it's not a big deal but i thought it was strange to see stuff like this banned, it basically has the same effect as a dedede chaingrab when ness simply holds the control stick away from the grabber.

Dekar173

Justice Man
I keep telling you, there are better places than Chipotle to eat in Denver, and all the OOSers can experience them and rejoice in the fact that Denver's food is better than back home.

Also, watching Evo livestream today made me miss GG. I haven't practiced/played that game in so long =(
I lived in Denver well over half of my life, Chipotle's the only place I'd care to go back to with the constraints on time we have on this trip :)

Also, if you say Casa Bonita's good, I'll stab you.

@Steeler- The Ness/Lucas infinites make the match-up unplayable against Marth or Charizard (Squirtle's chaingrab on the other hand is just fine, as he slides across the stage just about as much as DDD would XD)

**** I'm pumped for Supercon. Can't wait to see you all there >:D

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Yes, I do know how it works, being a ness player and all. Standing infinites are banned, that's the rule. It is a standing infinite. Just grab then dtilt and chase.

Edit: I was thinking Illegal Pete's of the Smiling Moose, but if you really want to go to Casa Bonita's, we'll make time to!

Fluxus

Smash Cadet
Nah they werent mms. Friendly nonsense.

Also about what DTL said about mk dittos being competitive smash. I witnessed ally m2k sk92 and tyrant all playing mk on 75m with pokeballs on high. You wanna talk about competitive smash? You cant beat that.

Another poibt I wanted to make was about how funny the people are who are arguing. Cant wait to see their performance.

I have more points to make, but I will post them tonight when Im on a computer at home rather than an ipod in the airport O___O

Edit: Weegee dittos plz

Dekar173

Justice Man
Weegee's a worthless character and I hate him forever. *** has no traction :(

@DTL- Sure.

Also, who all from CO is requiring housing up in Denver? It looks like we've got a condo (I don't know the size, but w.e) and if extras need housing I'm sure we've got room on the floor to spare ;)

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
The pizza in Denver is where it's at. Like, it's the next best to the pizza in New York. Gawd I love pizza.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I lived in Denver well over half of my life, Chipotle's the only place I'd care to go back to with the constraints on time we have on this trip :)

Also, if you say Casa Bonita's good, I'll stab you.

@Steeler- The Ness/Lucas infinites make the match-up unplayable against Marth or Charizard (Squirtle's chaingrab on the other hand is just fine, as he slides across the stage just about as much as DDD would XD)

**** I'm pumped for Supercon. Can't wait to see you all there >:D
Half your life is like... 8 years, right? Can't count on a kid's opinion for REAL FOODSTUFFZ!

But given how busy this weekend will be, I dunno when you'll get time for good food, so yeaaaaaaaaah... enjoy McD's!

ALSO!

Did anyone that went to MGC happen to find a copy of BB somewhere? I could have sworn that I put it in my car, but I can't find it anywhere. I'm looking everywhere I was yesterday (aside from the Springs), but no dice so far.

If'n someone saw it, please lemme know. I can't afford another copy, and if I fall back this early in the game I'm probably going to have to just quit or something stupid like that. Gay.

MK.II

Smash Rookie
If'n someone saw it, please lemme know. I can't afford another copy, and if I fall back this early in the game I'm probably going to have to just quit or something stupid like that. Gay.
Not owning the game Johns? Don't stoop so low Tony.

Dekar173

Justice Man
lol 8 years. If I were 16 that'd be sweet. No responsibilities, aside from having to feed one's self and bathe.

@Fino- That sounds like a terrible Iron Chef. It's all about battle chocolate!

Demolisho

Smash Apprentice
Hell, even 18 would be ****ing sweet. I'd eat that **** up and apply myself right off the bat.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
omgomgomg guys.

You know that construction site near my house? Of course not.

Anyways, they put up a sign. Jack in the Box! @______@

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Well, if people really want to be cramped for room, I can try to cram in the 5 Kansas players, the Springs players, and Loveland players, but honestly that'd just be wonkers.

Fino

Smash Master
Only 26 people pre-reg'd for brawl... I hope this doesn't turn out to be a big flop

~Fino

EDIT: Dekar... after talking with a couple people from the ks crew... we've decided that we are willing to extend the amount for crews to as much as you're willing to give us ;]

Top Bottom