• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I like your new account betr.

I wanna see a double dash version. With people on the back shooting each other with pistols.

MoblinMan

Smash Apprentice
Well Zen, it all started a few months ago, as it is from this period that I date my acquaintance with my old friend Gauffecourt, who has always remained true to me, in spite of the efforts of others to take him away from me. I have just lost him. But his affection for me only ended with his life; our friendship only ended at his death. M. de Gauffecourt was one of the most amiable men who have ever existed. It was impossible to see him without loving him, or to live with him without becoming devotedly attached to him, more or less like Tim. I have never seen more frank or more kindly features, or an expression which showed greater calmness, feeling and intelligence, or inspired greater confidence. However reserved a man might be, it was impossible for him to help being, at first sight, as familiar with him as if he had known him for twenty years. I myself, who found it so hard to feel at ease with strangers, was at home with him from the first moment. His manner, his way of speaking, his conversation were in perfect accord with his features. The tone of his voice was clear, full, well modulated, a fine bass, sonorous and powerful, which filled the ear and penetrated to the heart. It is impossible to imagine a gentler or more uniform cheerfulness, simpler or more unaffected grace, more natural or more tastefully cultivated talents. As such a man would be expected to have, with all the earthly talents given to him by the grace of God, most especially in M Gauffecourt's case, a religious attraction to the Smash Brothers video games.

One day this good friend had troubled himself to great lengths, of which I would later learn, to inform me that the password to my Smash World Forums account, by the name of "MoblinMan," had been compromised by one who had up to that point been considered a dear acquaintance to me. Alarmed at this sudden and dastardly event of betrayal, by whom I would have considered a stone wall of strength thereon I could lean during times of great need, I promptly sat down with my aforementioned good friend, to plan a predetermined course of action to combat what might have been the case of my identity crisis.

nah jk, I lost the password to this one. The only reason I'm posting on it is because this computer still has the memory or whatev.

I like my other account better though tbh

that wasn't a long story at all.

Bonus points 1k to whomever names the book I quoted from though

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
... The MM is on Zen1s.

I was actually considering going if I didn't go camping this weekend - but if Thstupid Lady is still "supervising" or something... ehhhhhhhhhh...

Thread name change would also be nice.

HEY COLORADO SPRINGS GUYS
One of my online Peach buddies (Peachkid - ranked midwest Peach) is coming down there from the 10th to the 15th. Can we organize a little smashfest or something? :D :D :D
She's not supervising anymore. But she still works there. Eww.

Anyway!

Somehow, the wires on my stick got cut. Not just nicked or bitten by an animal, but like... slashed.

Luckily, Lyn's dad can repair such nonsense, so I have a working stick again!

Still, my hard-drive going missing+the slashing of my stick is starting to make me a bit paranoid.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
The cello is doing fine. I need you to help me re-tune it, though, cuz I did it wrong last time and I want you to show me one more time just to make sure I gots it.

Also, DU is coming up. If shiz gets too crazy, I'll give you back the cello and we'll just work on it during breaks and stuff. If I get rejected from DU, I'll start playing cello all day every day, and begging on 16th street.

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. What up players. After a long SuperCon the fun has ended but for those who could not make it or for those who want to remember everything that was at SuperCon take a look at the great pictures and other media from the event:

SuperCon 2009 Pictures:

http://nvgaonline.com/Forums/index.php?automodule=gallery&req=sc&cat=56

Note: All pictures were captured by Brian "WhiteWorm" LaCount and Erin of the Colorado Cutthroat Chapter

SuperCon 2009 video:

http://www.nvgaonline.com/SuperCon/LivefromSuperCon.php

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
i knew i recognized that hot chick from somewhere, shes Vannessa, she owned all the females in Dead or Alive when cgs was around

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
Are you starting to use the left hand, or are you still focusing on getting the sound quality down on the strings? I know it's tempting, especially because you're not taking periodic lessons. But don't get comfortable with it until I can show you how. It's alll about the technique. I mean it! DUNT DO IT. Here's my sad story:

My teacher let me figure out my own thing with my left hand, and I used that for like 2 years. I couldn't play for more than 30 minutes straight because my hand would cramp up because of the way I was playing. Then I had to transition to the right way of playing. I think it worked out pretty well for me though.

long story short: I think it's easier to improv your own technique with the left hand and then switch to the preferred method after you have the intonation down. Rather than start with the Nazi technique right away and have 2 really hard things to worry about. Don't feel like you have to respond to this, I'm just thinking out loud here.

Also, let me know the next melee fest/smashfest you're going to, and I'll most likely be able to come over and tune it for you with my little doohiky. Otherwise, ask the Marronator. He's got perfect pitch lolz!

and sheesh.

Did ANYONE read my story? you guys suck. I spent a lot of time on that, sorta...

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
I read it, and my name was in it. I dunno where it be from though, sowwy. Want me to throw it in google and give you an answer?

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
If you're gonna do that, I'll just tell you. It's from The Confessions of Jean Jacques Rousseau. oh and your name was in it because I added a little of my own words lol :X

and anybody who got MvC2, review it for this thread plz?

Lawkk

Smash Rookie
If you're gonna do that, I'll just tell you. It's from The Confessions of Jean Jacques Rousseau. oh and your name was in it because I added a little of my own words lol :X

and anybody who got MvC2, review it for this thread plz?
It is a game of amazing delicious fun and crazy **** at the casual level. Then at the competitive level it is the craziest **** with the most hyped **** talk and money matches out there possible. In other words if you like the game it will be very fun.

However the game requires mad execution for quite a few characters to be used effectively so if you cant execute basic fighting game stuff it will be hard for you.

Also everyone that started playing fighting games cause of sf4 is whiny about infinites, tiers, rushdowns, mixups, frame traps, and the speed(lol).

I've been playing mvc1 on 2df though cause I don't have ps3 or 360 q.q

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
The nice thing about mvc2 is that you can have almost any one character of your choice, if you back them up with the right top tiers. But yeah, execution barrier is high, tons of things to learn, and a lot of things that will make scrubs cry, like unblockable super setups and invisible hitboxes.

Lawkk

Smash Rookie
Justin Wong went 6-10 against dark prince in a 1k money match where Justin used low tier and dark prince used all high/top

Justins team - Jill, Ruby Heart, Ken

Dark Princes team - Cable, Storm, Sentinal/Cyclops I think

Fluxus

Smash Cadet
Dudeeeeee Peachkid is coming to CO!?!?!??!!?

That's awesome! I talk to him on skype all the time but I was unaware of this... definitely have a smashfest when he is here!!!

Lawkk

Smash Rookie
omfg, 1,000$ MM? r u srs?

ok but how's the scene in CO? is it worth getting?
Yea I'm to lazy to find the link to it right now. Dark Prince lost 4-10 to Clockw0rk in a 3,000$ MM though lololol. Money matches are serious business in SF and Marvel community :)

Dunno about the CO scene but go read SRK if you wanna know.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
lotsa stuff
Nah. I haven't messed with it since I jacked up the tuning. Don't want to get used to playing it wrong, knamean?

My pitch isn't shabby and I have a tuner, buut I messed with the knob on top when I was tuning. That's where I messed up. I spent like... 3 minutes trying to get one to crank. It finally did, and then I remembered that I wasn't supposed to tune it like that.

Gogo trying to play musical instruments after massive sleep deprivation!

It's been like... a month. I'm sad and wish to leaaaaaaarn. D: D: D:

Also, noted. I'll hit you up whenever I go over to Rafa's. You could also hit up Rafa whenever you're free and see if he's cool with you headin' over. That would prolly work best for ya.

omfg, 1,000$ MM? r u srs?

ok but how's the scene in CO? is it worth getting?
We have 2 decent players. Maybe 3, but I really dunno about Recon. Most everyone else is scrub status, from what I gather.

Either way, you should get it. It's a great game, casually or competitively. Plus, I need someone to play against with my team. :D!

Also, BS on calling Ken low tier.

HAVE YOU SEEN HIS DAMAGE?!?!?!?!?

lololol, if only that helped enough.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
I object to the thread title.

Didn't you guys do it once in melee days? So now it should be:

Colorado Smash Scene Wrecks NM 2: IN SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE! (Coming this weekend!)

Or: Weekend at Bernie's 4: Even more boring.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well Zen, it all started a few months ago, as it is from this period that I date my acquaintance with my old friend Gauffecourt, who has always remained true to me, in spite of the efforts of others to take him away from me. I have just lost him. But his affection for me only ended with his life; our friendship only ended at his death. M. de Gauffecourt was one of the most amiable men who have ever existed. It was impossible to see him without loving him, or to live with him without becoming devotedly attached to him, more or less like Tim. I have never seen more frank or more kindly features, or an expression which showed greater calmness, feeling and intelligence, or inspired greater confidence. However reserved a man might be, it was impossible for him to help being, at first sight, as familiar with him as if he had known him for twenty years. I myself, who found it so hard to feel at ease with strangers, was at home with him from the first moment. His manner, his way of speaking, his conversation were in perfect accord with his features. The tone of his voice was clear, full, well modulated, a fine bass, sonorous and powerful, which filled the ear and penetrated to the heart. It is impossible to imagine a gentler or more uniform cheerfulness, simpler or more unaffected grace, more natural or more tastefully cultivated talents. As such a man would be expected to have, with all the earthly talents given to him by the grace of God, most especially in M Gauffecourt's case, a religious attraction to the Smash Brothers video games.

One day this good friend had troubled himself to great lengths, of which I would later learn, to inform me that the password to my Smash World Forums account, by the name of "MoblinMan," had been compromised by one who had up to that point been considered a dear acquaintance to me. Alarmed at this sudden and dastardly event of betrayal, by whom I would have considered a stone wall of strength thereon I could lean during times of great need, I promptly sat down with my aforementioned good friend, to plan a predetermined course of action to combat what might have been the case of my identity crisis.

nah jk, I lost the password to this one. The only reason I'm posting on it is because this computer still has the memory or whatev.

I like my other account better though tbh

that wasn't a long story at all.

Bonus points 1k to whomever names the book I quoted from though
i would've said tl;dr to this *if zajina hadn't gotten to it first.

i can't find where/when NM is going to be on the thread? :/
someone mind filling me in?
-stupid-

Lawkk

Smash Rookie
We have 2 decent players. Maybe 3, but I really dunno about Recon. Most everyone else is scrub status, from what I gather.

Either way, you should get it. It's a great game, casually or competitively. Plus, I need someone to play against with my team. :D!

lololol, if only that helped enough.
Dude it's all about kens assist man! Its like 99% invincable and has huge hit box like wtf. To bad that doesnt help him much either lololol

I would play with you but I don't have a 360 and I sure ain't gonna get a 360 when Fat Princess is on the PS3 lol. I would like to learn how to play strider doom effectively against you though =[

I would like to know who would let me go their house and play though xD

MoblinMan

Smash Apprentice
Wow. Did you actually read Rousseau's Confessions?! And if so, what ever for?!?!
He had something happen to him in early life with which I identified fiercely. That, and I sort of fell in love with his writing style, no homo. His fluid sentences are something that I've almost never seen in a native speaker of English. It's fun to dissect his paragraphs and spot the French influences in them while enjoying the anecdotes he puts in every now and then. I think he's a great philosopher.

That said, I haven't even read the whole thing yet. :[ It's reaaally hard to have good reading comprehension when you gete by on as little sleep as I do.

Yea I'm to lazy to find the link to it right now. Dark Prince lost 4-10 to Clockw0rk in a 3,000$ MM though lololol. Money matches are serious business in SF and Marvel community :)

Dunno about the CO scene but go read SRK if you wanna know.
I'll definitely think about it. Tim has already got me hooked on blazblue, and that stuff's expeeeeensive. >.<

Nah. I haven't messed with it since I jacked up the tuning. Don't want to get used to playing it wrong, knamean?

My pitch isn't shabby and I have a tuner, buut I messed with the knob on top when I was tuning. That's where I messed up. I spent like... 3 minutes trying to get one to crank. It finally did, and then I remembered that I wasn't supposed to tune it like that.

Gogo trying to play musical instruments after massive sleep deprivation!

It's been like... a month. I'm sad and wish to leaaaaaaarn. D: D: D:

Also, noted. I'll hit you up whenever I go over to Rafa's. You could also hit up Rafa whenever you're free and see if he's cool with you headin' over. That would prolly work best for ya.
Lol, think of the big tuners like the first step. Crank them until you think you're close enough, then use the fine tuners to get it all the way up/down to the right pitch.

However, school's starting up and my mom wants me to get my cello back so I can bring it to orchestra every day, so I can keep my good one at home. D: I'm the only guy in the class that does this though, so I don't think it's that big a deal to just bring my good cello home again for lessons once a week. I'll let you keep it for now, if we can set up a steady lesson plan, how's that?

Who's rafa and why is his house awesome? I don't think I've met him yet!!

lololol, if only that helped enough
I've made up my mind. I'll get it right after I get a stick and Blazblue.

I object to the thread title.

Didn't you guys do it once in melee days? So now it should be:

Colorado Smash Scene Wrecks NM 2: IN SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE! (Coming this weekend!)

Or: Weekend at Bernie's 4: Even more boring.
depends; do we still have lovo? lolololol

Where is Jamal?! I miss him so.

This. I know he mentioned quitting a while ago, but he didn't even post a goodbye message/thread/blog/parade. :(

i would've said tl;dr to this *if zajina hadn't gotten to it first.

i can't find where/when NM is going to be on the thread? :/
someone mind filling me in?
-stupid-

Nobody appreciates long, run on sentences anymore, do they?

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
MK is still banned. Neil is an idiot, I don't think MaNg0 is actually coming. I think Neil was just being stupid. Were going to be grilling in the backyard though.

Top Bottom