• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Well ****...Ya know...I've never really played his MK... Keep in touch, k?
Also, of course you're a douche...that's why we love you! Well...not really...but it's because we love you that we can easily tolerate the douchiness...Shut up, Firefox, that's a word!

Underload

Lazy
When is Cutthroat going to announce their next event, it's been like a month since SuperCon and there's no updates at all :/ Surely Colorado isn't going to host their own Smash tournies, so Cutthroat's all we got (thanks EFL)

And Colorado sig would be cool.

MK.II

Smash Rookie
I'm gone for a day and there's like 4 pages to read of crap. Jeeze.

I start school on Tuesday, and have a bunch of stuff to do today. Why am I still up? haha. Anyway, I'd like to hold a smashfest soon, assuming people would be willing to come down to the Springs.

Also, I think Underload is better than me, and he doesn't travel as much as I do. Sad day for Spencer.

Lawkk

Smash Rookie
But I LOOOOOVEEE habits. Other peoples anyways - Peach is built for punishment.

Hey look Tim, another ftilt! :bee:
I agree punishing habits is too fun. I swear everytime I forward throw I get any hit I want ;)

Teach your brother how to get out of juggles Meno. When I played him with my Marth I just kept juggling him cause his air dodges are really obvious lol

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
no one really hears from dfg, so dunno about cutthroat. But as for other things, my roommate is on vacation so I can't see the venue yet, and I'm still concerned about the 8 hour rent limit. That includes time to setup and break down everything. However, Game On is still working to have monthly brawl singles, and their next one is Sep 5th.

the Marronator

Smash Ace
Wow I was in a rotten mood last night. Well now Peter hates me, but at least I started some discussion in CO XD Seriously 4 pages? lolol

@PeterandtheWolf: <3 sorry I flamed you but I really hope you take some of my points to heart. And I do agree that we should have more tournaments! I could use my house as a venue.... but I'm leaving. Maybe I should have one before I leave?

@Flux: nooooo I was hoping to say bye to you at the smashfest :( Well gl

@dave: Door mindgames! <3

Edit:
And wtf Usain Bolt just ran a 100 m in 9'58

Double Edit!
@DLT: Have you uploaded any matches yet? :D

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Dora made it to the top 8, then lost to a nu after knocking out 5 of them. Not bad for bottom tier.
Yeah. Dora's good ****.

Kyakuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I still wish it was Mecha-Sue in the finals, though. His Carl is tiiiiight.

Buy it and play with me? :3
I'll DL it and play a little. No nerfs to Roll or Souki=ME HAPPEH!

Unburstable bnb combos for 20k, plz.

The chicken burrito was everything I hoped for AND MORE.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=195175

UNIVERSAL/SYSTEM CHANGES
+ Throws are more useful (tick throws exist, can combo into blockstun etc.)
- Characters fall faster now.
- Megacrash pushes up and away.
- Megacrash combos are very limited due to the engine changes.
- Baroque is not as potent
+ Giant characters cannot be so easily comboed/infinited
+ characters gain more meter while being hit
- cannot force the opponent into a corner after a juggle via the air combo trick
* Stage-specific music
* New character select screen (with gear-like selection reels that leave the number of new characters to be included ambiguous)

EDIT >.>: What's this SBO Tony spoke of? Some BlazBlue tourney?
Wow. Those changes to the engine make Roll even better, methinks. As if her tick-throws weren't good before.

SBO is like... the biggest 2df tournament dealio. It's tight

I'll have BB pretty soon, once Zaj lets me into his house and I can download the game onto my hard drive, because I'm cheaper than a hooker on colfax. :/
Do you just need the game? Let's get it copied for you already.

Wow, drama more losers. If you want a good scene, why don't you get those AiB people that count in the 50s or so for CO to play? Or is it easier to just randomly make remarks about how the scene sucks?

SBO is the super battle opera.

As for the mega man nerf, all his combos relied on weapon switch in order to be as much damage as other characters' bnbs. Without those, he becomes so much worse it isn't even funny.
It's so cool watching a scene evolve again. *****ing about improving, getting all down, and MMs everywhere? Cool. Maybe Brawl will be worth coming to for hype.

LOL<(^ ^)>

Poooor megaman. Least he has EXXXXXXXXXXXXXXTREME CAMMMMMMMMMPING, amirite?

Moblin, I will personally take you to Chipotle next time I drive to a smashfest or whatever.
...I've never been to Chipotle. >.>

Also I'm just curious to who actually here tries to get good at brawl. Cause I play off fundamentals and abuse everyone of you peoples habits to death lololol
That's how I figured most people played Brawl. That and not sleeping for more than an hour before each tournament, amirite?

Do what I do and tell them after the match/during it/whatever. You have some bad habits too, but they're prolly just from lack of knowledge about how the game works, so whatevs.

WE NEED TO PLAY SUMDAT MAAAAAAAAAAAAHVEL, BABY! Jill+Cyke+Sent=:D

But I LOOOOOVEEE habits. Other peoples anyways - Peach is built for punishment.

Hey look Tim, another ftilt! :bee:
Tell people their problems. I was starting to think I was the only one that actually paid attention to habits anymore. Between me being the only one telling kids to stop rollin' from the edge and you getting uaired blind by my zss (<3), I was starting to think that reading was dead to the brawl community.

Nobutsrsly, tell people what they're doing, prs?

My marth effing sucks, I just use him when my ganon can't completely **** all the bad habits I see. That's not to say I don't have some myself, but playing Ganon seriously is too easy in CO due to all the bad habits. Sorry guys.
People letting you get in on them with Ganon is bad enough. Don't need to rub it in by telling them they're predictable, too. Ouch, mangz.

See above.

Sigh. I hope things get better for all of you.

I take my leave on Tuesday.
**** off.

Nah, have a good time in laaaaaaaaaaaaame Nevada. Don't get heatstroke, or addicted to meth.

EDIT!

That's actually pretty spot-on. Oh Underload. <3

Oh right, I have to make Dave a sig... I'm just remembering. OH! What if I made a Colorado crew sig? :D :D :D

Check the one I made for Florida here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=236904
Ohhhhhh

You should help me with the graphics on my home-made stick. :D

hey hey hey smoke weed everyday
*****, where the **** is my album?

Nice chillin' with you guys again, tho. Is John/Jon a *****, or was I just annoyed with the world last time?

We need more Melee next time. Having Heibrahi scrub out and not let me play BB cuz he was sick of me ****** was BS.

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
Yeah. Dora's good ****.

Kyakuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I still wish it was Mecha-Sue in the finals, though. His Carl is tiiiiight.

I'll DL it and play a little. No nerfs to Roll or Souki=ME HAPPEH!

Unburstable bnb combos for 20k, plz.

Wow. Those changes to the engine make Roll even better, methinks. As if her tick-throws weren't good before.

SBO is like... the biggest 2df tournament dealio. It's tight

Do you just need the game? Let's get it copied for you already.

It's so cool watching a scene evolve again. *****ing about improving, getting all down, and MMs everywhere? Cool. Maybe Brawl will be worth coming to for hype.

LOL<(^ ^)>

Poooor megaman. Least he has EXXXXXXXXXXXXXXTREME CAMMMMMMMMMPING, amirite?

...I've never been to Chipotle. >.>

That's how I figured most people played Brawl. That and not sleeping for more than an hour before each tournament, amirite?

Do what I do and tell them after the match/during it/whatever. You have some bad habits too, but they're prolly just from lack of knowledge about how the game works, so whatevs.

WE NEED TO PLAY SUMDAT MAAAAAAAAAAAAHVEL, BABY! Jill+Cyke+Sent=:D

Tell people their problems. I was starting to think I was the only one that actually paid attention to habits anymore. Between me being the only one telling kids to stop rollin' from the edge and you getting uaired blind by my zss (<3), I was starting to think that reading was dead to the brawl community.

Nobutsrsly, tell people what they're doing, prs?

People letting you get in on them with Ganon is bad enough. Don't need to rub it in by telling them they're predictable, too. Ouch, mangz.

See above.

**** off.

Nah, have a good time in laaaaaaaaaaaaame Nevada. Don't get heatstroke, or addicted to meth.

EDIT!

Ohhhhhh

*****, where the **** is my album?

Nice chillin' with you guys again, tho. Is John/Jon a *****, or was I just annoyed with the world last time?

We need more Melee next time. Having Heibrahi scrub out and not let me play BB cuz he was sick of me ****** was BS.
better get your **** together in mvc2 nuggah

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
@Tony: Nah, I don't have a stick either. But 1 step at a time is good too, ya know?
And yeah you're right. Whenever I play anyone from CO, if I notice any habits I'll point them out to them as long as they say they're fine with it.

Also, seems like Meno owes us both some lunch next time we head out.

and Rockcrock is a ****ing beast. I could watch those sick waveland mindgames allll dai.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Ohhhhhh

I don't know how to draw or anything - I just know how to use Photoshop a bit.

Also, seems like Meno owes us both some lunch next time we head out.
Hey hey hey, I said take, not buy. You and Tony are suggested to bring teh monez.

I'll also start with the advice talk as well.

Lawkk

Smash Rookie
Lol I have absolutely no way to get marvel and a stick. Dun got money and parents refuse to give me money for anything but like school and food. So I can only play if there is set-ups =(

I'll start with the pointing out habits too I guess. Bai bai to my gimmicks =(

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I don't know how to draw or anything - I just know how to use Photoshop a bit.

Hey hey hey, I said take, not buy. You and Tony are suggested to bring teh monez.

I know how to draw, but your actual arranging and shooping and stuff is better than mine, methinks. I think you prolly have better aesthetic perception. ohmy.

I'm pretty sure you said you'd pay for us both. Moblin remembers, amirite?

Lol I have absolutely no way to get marvel and a stick. Dun got money and parents refuse to give me money for anything but like school and food. So I can only play if there is set-ups =(

I'll start with the pointing out habits too I guess. Bai bai to my gimmicks =(
Start sucking **** off Colfax.

Do you want to play Marvel, or do you want to play Marvel? D:<

Moblin

Smash Apprentice

What? do you want me to enjoy the loving embrace of a Chipotle burrito or not Meno?!?!

and good **** - I'll start. All of you have bad habits of not spotdodging Ganon's gerudo.. shame.

Underload

Lazy
I want to play Marvel but I only own that Wii thingy.

TvC looks really fun though, at least I have an offline TvC buddy now. And, Tony, you're in cahoots with the Cutthroat guys, right? What's the deal with them not announcing anything lately >>;

Oh, and, I used to pay close attention to people's habits, but for some reason I stopped paying attention to that. All I remember is that Meno is really systematic with his rolls and actions (in a bad way) (SuSa can back me up on this).

That's about all I remember. That, and the few tricks that Tony taught me at Gamefest, like how people subconsciously roll away from the edge n' stuff.

Lawkk

Smash Rookie
Start sucking **** off Colfax.

Do you want to play Marvel, or do you want to play Marvel? D:<
You wanna be my first customer amirite amirite?!?!??!!?

lolol jk

I guess I can bother and try to get good at brawl and place in a tourny or two for money lol. Time to become like NEO and play in training mode whenever I have free time just to have perfect spacing on moving targets.

Like everyone said when is next cutthroat thing cause apparently my friends want to go to a tourney -.-

I want to chip people to death with strider doom =(

Dekar173

Justice Man
So, considering the booming success that was the "Let's Fix Nolan's Car" NM tourney, when would be good for CO to come to another NM hosted OoS tourney? (Due to the vote, and how lots of peeps outside of Abq. use him, MK will be legal, and I will most likely be using him through out the entire tourney).

*Hopes that gay tidbit of info doesn't drive anyone off*

Who of you would be willing/able to go, and when would be best for you? Planning ahead ftw.

Fluxus

Smash Cadet
Well guys I'm in Grand Junction. Be there tomorrow O_O

You guys have not seen the last of me though, keep that in mind!

I'll miss you all.

Top Bottom