• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

spiritdragon

Smash Ace

___X___

Smash Lord
hey when do you guys have your next big tournament??? i wanna come FOR REALS!!!!!!!!!!

we should be getting our tax return soon, so ill have money to travel!! :D

Let me know PL0X

O'chunks

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MrOchunks
hey when do you guys have your next big tournament??? i wanna come FOR REALS!!!!!!!!!!

we should be getting our tax return soon, so ill have money to travel!! :D

Let me know PL0X
Next major one is next month on April 3, Colorado Ranbat 5. Maybe you could make it. :)

Lawkk

Smash Rookie
Ranbats are big?

Supercon is our next biggest but it has like a 1k venue or something

On other news

I suck at sc 2 =(

But the funny thing is I opted in for beta on a ****ty comp that can barely run it xD

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
Ranbats are big?

Supercon is our next biggest but it has like a 1k venue or something

On other news

I suck at sc 2 =(

But the funny thing is I opted in for beta on a ****ty comp that can barely run it xD
yeah because i was like wtf ur comp can't even handle hon. And thanks jamal, also i found a high quality summer wars with subs

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Copied from my blog post

My Grandma Died Today and All I Can Think About is How It Ruins My Plans For this

My Nana, who lives in New York, passed away today after having been in and out of the hospital for months, possibly years. Though it saddened me, I didn't cry, I didn't mourn...hell I don't even wish she was still alive. She had been in a lot of pain for a long time and she was ready to go. I loved her and always will, but she was ready.

The funeral will be in New York this weekend. When I was three, my family moved from there to Colorado, yet we visit every year. At this point, it seems like I will be leaving this Wednesday and returning next Wednesday. I have never been big on funerals. I have no beliefs of an afterlife and no optimism on the subject. I believe the dead are gone and that is all. You go to a funeral for your own personal satisfaction. You mourn with others and you help yourself feel better about the now-gaping hole in your heart. I do not have this hole. I will miss my Nana, but I can remember her as she was already and have no need to see her as she is now.

No Koast is this weekend. I have never been to an out of state tournament and I was planning on attending this. I would leave with two of my Colorado Smash friends, Dave and Manny, Manny being my teammate MenoUnderwater. My parents struggle with the concept that I am willing to make an hour trip to play other people in our smash scene. They don't get how much I love this game and the people involved with it. To get them to let me to go to Kansas was a feat to say the least. But I did. I convinced them and I had never been more psyched for something in my life. I was going to go to this and play some of the best of the best. Ally is going, Razer is going, UTDZac, DMG, Dphat, a lot of high/top level players. I was going to play them, learn from them, and enjoy every moment of it. Meno and I were going to represent our relatively unknown state of Colorado. I've been saving up money for this for weeks. This was supposed to be one of the greatest weekends of my life.

It won't be. I'm going to go to New York, costing my nearly-bankrupt family hundreds in plane-fare and living expenses, to sit and watch TV in relatives' houses, cry at a funeral, then return home to piles of homework from my soon-to-be absence at school, the entire time thinking about the experience I would be having at No Koast.

I have no idea how to end this blog. It is nothing but me complaining about how much my Grandma dieing ruins my plans. There is no resolve to this. As much as I may say to myself, "Maybe the funeral will be postponed. Maybe I'll be able to go to No Koast and then this after," there is no practical chance of this happening. I have no idea what I hoped to accomplish by writing this. I think I just had to see it written down to full grasp the idea.

Bye.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Wasabi was fun. People should've gone to it. The cops got called because some old guy beat the snot out of a cosplayer.

Best sf4 tourney ever? Possibly.

Have fun today whoever is there, I'm not going back, got things to do.

DeliciousDave

Smash Cadet
I have been thinking and the one person were underestimating is FishBait
i've been watching him on the live stream and he seems consistant in all his matches and hes right now going even with bees
i dont who sent him to losers at FF but he got unlucky facing my like right away in the losers bracket, i wanted to see how far he would go
overall he has a nice lucario

edit: he just beat bees game 1
well he also plays diddy! and its pretty deason!

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Thanks guys. I appreciate the concern :)

It seems like this point I am, again, going to No Koast. I'll explain the full story eventually. For now...yayish kinda...

Rizen

Smash Legend
Dylan,
Funerals are for the living. My uncle died from a seizure on 2/10. Just out of the blue. I didn't go to the funeral; I sent the below picture (not low res, no watermark) instead. There’s no disrespect in not wanting to go to a funeral. Some things in life we need, not want, need but can’t have. I’m sorry. I want to give you a better answer but don’t have one. That sucks, I’m sorry.

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
so victor messaged me and he wants to play smash. So i say we host something next weekend. Oh yeah and can we stop embeding huge ****ing pictures that stretches the whole **** page?

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
So I'm going to No Koast, and thank you MES!, that makes sense.

Again, full explanation will come soon.

edit:
My grandma is still dead, which sucks, but it seems like the best possible situation is happening. My mom is flying out alone this Wednesday and staying until the next week.
The funeral is Thursday. My grandpa had 2 free flights (had to be used together) but the times just couldn't work out for my mom. Instead, my dad and I are using those
free flights to go to the funeral Thursday and leave the same day. I can't believe I'm actually getting to do both.

Underload

Lazy
So I'm going to No Koast, and thank you MES!, that makes sense.

Again, full explanation will come soon.

edit:
My grandma is still dead, which sucks, but it seems like the best possible situation is happening. My mom is flying out alone this Wednesday and staying until the next week.
The funeral is Thursday. My grandpa had 2 free flights (had to be used together) but the times just couldn't work out for my mom. Instead, my dad and I are using those
free flights to go to the funeral Thursday and leave the same day. I can't believe I'm actually getting to do both.
So you're going? That's great, I suppose. I was about to post about how I felt sorry for you, but apparently you're doing fine again! :)

Is there sound / a chat in this livestream?

Underload

Lazy
i've been watching him on the live stream and he seems consistant in all his matches and hes right now going even with bees
i dont who sent him to losers at FF but he got unlucky facing my like right away in the losers bracket, i wanted to see how far he would go

Yeah, he's improved greatly inbetween his cameo appearances at tournies. Somebody should convince him to be active here or on AiB, so we can pull him into fests and stuff. I'm also pretty sure I live like 5 minutes away from him, that might be some cool practice.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
So you're going? That's great, I suppose. I was about to post about how I felt sorry for you, but apparently you're doing fine again! :)

Is there sound / a chat in this livestream?
lol Thanks Peter!

And guys, I've been saying Fishbait is legit for awhile. I played him in friendlies at one of the Ranbats. We only played 2 games (one as Tink and one as MK), and he didn't win either, but they were both last stock high damage, and with MK, me raging. I had never been camped harder in my life. It was amazing. We need this guy in our scene.

Underload

Lazy
I don't think he mains 'cario, Steam. I remember him using Lucario and Link against me when we played a tourney set last year; but now, I've seen him use Snake, Falco, Diddy, and like 3 other characters in friendlies / tourney with a lot of success.

Seriously, this fool lives in Morrison. That makes me happy.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Steam, I know at least your Lucario is better. He camps moar, but you link together strings of moves (see combo) soooo much better.

I think he played ROB as well.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
He's saying he doesn't like the character.

Looking at it, he really does deserve his spot in the tier list now, maybe even higher. Solid camp game, not horrible recovery, insane priority/lasting hitboxes (that Fsmash...), and he actually has a decent combo game. He seems good on teams as well. Stock tanking Lucario killing around 60 sounds sweet.

Steam

Smash Hero
He's saying he doesn't like the character.

Looking at it, he really does deserve his spot in the tier list now, maybe even higher. Solid camp game, not horrible recovery, insane priority/lasting hitboxes (that Fsmash...), and he actually has a decent combo game. He seems good on teams as well. Stock tanking Lucario killing around 60 sounds sweet.
i knew that...

luc is a very solid character but most of his bad matchups come from characters with better range. of course a reliable, powerful kill move swings the matchup against lucario a looooot. probably by around 10 points (50-50 becomes 40-60) though that works the other way if its samus or sonic and such. His recovery is also very prone to getting knocked back out again and again if he has to go straight on stage.

Bees!

Smash Ace

Ya I got him 3-1 in the Winners Finals. (I was so nervous! I have never been on live-stream and being watched by a bunch of people.)
He won the first game then I won the next 3.
Ya he is good though. He also has a really good Snake too(step it up Colorado Snakes!)
Also Lucre put him losers bracket game 3 on CS he got a walk-off with DDD.
Lucre is improving as well.
I also got Lunchmeat too(ggs) It was so close! Should have never went Kirby in the second round.
Also fishbaits Diddy is really good. And he's a smart player. I already talked to him about coming to more things but like many misinformed parents his don't let him go to tourneys. But ya I think if we could get him to things more we would have more competition. Also

LUNCHMEAT IS COMING BACK TO US!!!!!!!!!!! :) He has been out for a while but still seems good.
Also I would say that the biggest improvement I saw this weekend was Lucre and Munch.

Excited and also feeling I need to step it up some more.

Also PETER! Link to the place you bought your controller? I am going to use my tournament winnings to buy a new controller. (Mine Sucks)

Lawkk

Smash Rookie
if lucario sucks then what does that say about you? you're the one losing to him.
That I dont know how to play brawl.

Also I feel like almost every character sucks in brawl lol. Then I get ***** by the char and remember to camp after I am last stock =(

Steam

Smash Hero
ewwww walk offs. on the second stage of castle siege I just super camp on the tilted platforms. I don't even take the risk.

Underload

Lazy
Ya I got him 3-1 in the Winners Finals. (I was so nervous! I have never been on live-stream and being watched by a bunch of people.)
Three people we watching at the most. Jerk. And playing on livestream doesn't feel any different to me, don't know why.
He won the first game then I won the next 3.
You suck badly.
Ya he is good though. He also has a really good Snake too(step it up Colorado Snakes!)
You mean me, right? Zajice plays Diddy, Yang quit, Spencer plays Marth. By that logic, you're a beotch bag (lolol new swear word) and you should be ashamed that you stoop so low as to insult individuals like that. <3 or </3? You decide.
Also Lucre put him losers bracket game 3 on CS he got a walk-off with DDD.
Lucre is improving as well.
Good ****.
I also got Lunchmeat too(ggs) It was so close! Should have never went Kirby in the second round.
Dirty sandbagger.
Also fishbaits Diddy is really good. And he's a smart player. I already talked to him about coming to more things but like many misinformed parents his don't let him go to tourneys. But ya I think if we could get him to things more we would have more competition.
That really sucks. You should've told him to at least get on Smashboards, going to fests shouldn't be a big deal if you're familiar with the people.
Also

LUNCHMEAT IS COMING BACK TO US!!!!!!!!!!! :) He has been out for a while but still seems good.
Hooray!
Also I would say that the biggest improvement I saw this weekend was Lucre and Munch.
Excited and also feeling I need to step it up some more.
Lucre better be improving, because I'mma ban CS against him next time. He always goes there. Lrn2Dlfno!
Also PETER! Link to the place you bought your controller? I am going to use my tournament winnings to buy a new controller. (Mine Sucks)
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-23-49-en-15-gamecube+controller-70-2ola.html

They're really good, but the longer cable (it's 12 ft instead of 6 iirc) seems to have just a slight bit of input lag. Iunno, it might just be me.

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
yeah because i was like wtf ur comp can't even handle hon. And thanks jamal, also i found a high quality summer wars with subs
Oh dayum. Hook me up!

And it indeed was the best Street Fighter 4 tournament ever! :D

I forgot about it until today as I tried to put it outside of my head as much as possible. But the first guy that I played in the Tekken tournament was a really annoying guy. I... don't know what the **** was wrong with him...

Top Bottom