• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado's Uber-hawt Ranking Thread

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I don't play friendlies anymore, or not that often. Doesn't mean I don't play in tournaments.

****, it's not like it's Melee, where you actually had to play once in a while to be good. :D

Cliche-Guevara

Smash Cadet
Are we ever going to put up actual rankings? Or we just gonna let this thread slip off the face of the planet?

Imo

Jeris/Ferdi/Tim
Khadar/Flux/Lunchmeat(where did he go?)
Gaybrahi/Tony/Jamaal
Ravin/Meno/Myself

Just trying to get people thinking about it again.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
LMFAO, putting Lunchmeat, Khadir, Flux above me and Nite. You're a funny guy. Especially since Nite 2-0'ed Tim at the last tournament. Grouping me wif' Jamz is silleh, too, though no offense is meant. Khadir is good, but considering he's only done well at one tournament ever... =/

We could make the Sunday tournament a ranked one. Round Robin, the works. How's that sound? I'll even go back to Sonic for it, lolololol.

I'd also prolly put Meno above you and Ravin. Kid has teh mindgames to cause mindgrains.

Cliche-Guevara

Smash Cadet
Im down for the round robin thing, is it this coming Sunday?

And so what you are saying would be something like

Jeris (***** Ferdi at FF, won C3, you dont come out much, but when you do, you seem to win.)
Ferdi (Get your **** back in gear, I dont like seeing this 3rd place **** out of you.)
Tim (Consistently does well, Top 3 almost always.)
Nite (Beat Tim at FF, Tied for end placing, no idea where to put you really)
Flux (Maybe its the lack of MKs we fight, maybe not. You still place well.)
Tony (You were using ZSS in tourney for the first time last time, but Flux did better than you down at the springs and at FF)
Khadar (Owned Flux at FF, but I haven't seen that much of you play. Come out more imo)
Yang (Forgot him last time, really unsure where to put him though)
Jamaal (Consistently beats the people below him)
Meno (Skills and Mindgames w/ Peach)
Ravin (Classy Samus)
Myself (Must stop killing myself)
Kyoshiro (Haven't seen you in forever either, if you made it out to FF my bad)
Sam (Haven't Seen him in forever)

This is a very tenative list, and I may be horrendously off, I want everyones opinions here so we all know what we need to work on.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Meanwhile, I placed higher than Flux at every gameswirl tournament. lolololol. At the Springs, I put myself in the hardest bracket to try and be fair to everyone else. Kinda backfired, though. Beat >9000, lost to Dook, Yang forfeited, and then I lost to Tim. Flux didn't face anyone noteworthy until like... semi-finals.

Right now, I'd put it like this:

Jeris
Khadir/Ferdi (found out Khadir took 4th at the last one he attended)
Tim (lackluster showings lately, but does well on the whole)
Nite/Me
Flux (might just be teh MK, but still, has been placing well)
Meno/Yang/Dave
Ravin/Jamaal/Steeeeeeeeeeeve
Sam/Kyo
Casual players

If I forgot anyone, my bad.

Cliche-Guevara

Smash Cadet
**** I totally forgot dave,

I would still like to get other peoples opinions on this lolz.

As much as Tony and I like talking to eachother this should be a group thing.

Brown NITE

Smash Apprentice
Ok this is how i think it should go On tourny results
remember this is multiple tourny results ones and no jons

Jeris (of course)
khadar/ferdi
Flux/Tim ( i put flux before tim since he always places higher then him in tourny unless he isnt using meta... and no jons)
Nite/Izzy (again i put my name first since i have played higher most of the times)
Yang/ravin/jammal

And the rest i wont mention because to be honest the results on average have showed that these are the only people that place from 1st-5th =/
Im not trying to sound mean just god D@mm!t people step your game up
And predictable or not or whatever your problem is towards a player being above or below im using results from good tournys as data
so just do good or have a round robin tourny

the Marronator

Smash Ace
Ok this is how i think it should go On tourny results
remember this is multiple tourny results ones and no jons

Jeris (of course)
khadar/ferdi
Flux/Tim ( i put flux before tim since he always places higher then him in tourny unless he isnt using meta... and no jons)
Nite/Izzy (again i put my name first since i have played higher most of the times)
Yang/ravin/jammal

And the rest i wont mention because to be honest the results on average have showed that these are the only people that place from 1st-5th =/
Im not trying to sound mean just god D@mm!t people step your game up
And predictable or not or whatever your problem is towards a player being above or below im using results from good tournys as data
so just do good or have a round robin tourny
I'd have to agree with Nite the most on this one. Easily

Also, rankings don't mean **** if there is nothing backing them up. I do think we should have a round robin, because honestly, most of the rankings that people are giving are personally biased and tainted by how often they play a certain player, etc.

And tony, stop forgetting me ****it

GanondorfMan33

Smash Cadet
Am I allowed to have an opinion? Lol. Honestly, I think a couple more tournies, and we can start developing a nice power ranking. Khadar does need more tourney placement, although he did fabulous at FF. I think it's safe to say Jeris is #1. Ferdi is always in the top.

To advocate for myself, I know how to play the game, lol, and I have never gotten worse than 5th at any of the CO tournies. The ranbat I got 5th at, I used a month old Pikachu only there, which explained my placement. I actually got 3rd at the Sumemr cutthroat, I think the CCC site has me listed as 4th behind Sinz who we all know got pwned early.

Idk does that make me sound uber cocky and entitled? Lol. I honestly don't know, but one thing I do know is we need a couple more tournies of at least 20+. There is no rush.

And give me details on this Thursday thing!!!!! I wanna play. This tourney is on Sunday now? I like that alot better.

Also Nite, I really agree, guys get after it and really work toward changing the placements up. Everyone should strive to beat the guy in front of em.

Ergendirekt

Smash Apprentice
Am I allowed to have an opinion? Lol. Honestly, I think a couple more tournies, and we can start developing a nice power ranking. Khadar does need more tourney placement, although he did fabulous at FF. I think it's safe to say Jeris is #1. Ferdi is always in the top.

To advocate for myself, I know how to play the game, lol, and I have never gotten worse than 5th at any of the CO tournies. The ranbat I got 5th at, I used a month old Pikachu only there, which explained my placement. I actually got 3rd at the Sumemr cutthroat, I think the CCC site has me listed as 4th behind Sinz who we all know got pwned early.

Idk does that make me sound uber cocky and entitled? Lol. I honestly don't know, but one thing I do know is we need a couple more tournies of at least 20+. There is no rush.

And give me details on this Thursday thing!!!!! I wanna play. This tourney is on Sunday now? I like that alot better.

Also Nite, I really agree, guys get after it and really work toward changing the placements up. Everyone should strive to beat the guy in front of em.
no
no your not.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Wow. How did Flux go from being a player I disliked to one I respect so easily?

Aight, tentative ranking until the Round Robin this weekend are gonna be as follows:

Jeris
Khadir/Ferdi
Tim/Flux
Nite/Me
Meno/Yang/Dave
Ravin/Jamaal/Steeeeeeeeeeeve/Marron (sorry, you were just missing for so long. D: )
Sam/Kyo
Casual players

People within the same tier are too close to rank currently. I was not aware that Flux placed 5th at every event he's been to. I've placed 4th or higher at all but 3, but since one of those 3 was recent, and I'm not willing to use my inexperience with ZSS as a john, Flux is stayin' up with Tim for now. That and he apparently ***** Heibrahi and I know he beat Tim, so yeah. Grats, man.

That and it actually fires me up a bit, having him above me. Gonna make for some good competition, I think.

GanondorfMan33

Smash Cadet
Who's Heibrahi? Lol.

No, the WORSE I got was 5th.

Here all all my placements just to be clear. Rofl.

Summer Cutthorat (First offline tourney) 3rd, lost to Dai-A (Utah) in winners finals, then Ferdi in losers.

Missed the next Ranbat in September, made the one in October? and got 5th, with only Pikachu. Worse placement.

Next one was the FF, 4th MK and Pikachu. Lost to Ferdi and Khadar respectively.

Then the Bash, which I got 1st, but Khadar, Jeris and Ferdi were all not in attendance.

Soooooo I don't think I deserve any better than fourth. But after 3-4th it gets gray. I just don't think we have enough data. People like Tim, Tony, Nite Steve, Ryuu, and myself are all placing differently and inconsistently within a general range.

Idk I could be crazy haha. I just wanna play on Sunday. Lol.

Oh and Tony it's all good. The life of an MK is never an easy one. Lol. I expect all the flack and embrace it the best I can.

Brown NITE

Smash Apprentice
Im Heibrahi you jerk D:
you beat me in finals T_T

and tony silly goose
7th place was your best friend for a while xD

Mikezor

Smash Journeyman
top: mikeZORZ

Jeris
Khadir/Ferdi/judochopactionsuperbuddha
Tim/Flux/mikezorz
Nite/Me/aiyela

right in the ****in middle: mikeZORZ

Meno/Yang/Dave/mikezor
Ravin/Jamaal/Steeeeeeeeeeevezor/Marron (sorry, you were just missing for so long. D: )
Sam/Kyo/judosuperasianneedles
Casual players

mikeZORZ
real rankings

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Results from the ranbat:

1. SDSG
2. IzzyInfamous
3. Flood, Brown Nite
5. Timotee, WTFluxusl
7. Meno, YangFuShang
9. MikeZ
10. Ken Geedorah, Ferdi
12. Cliche
13. TagexProto

Discuss.

For the record, if you're going to ditch out all early, don't bother coming. I can understand if you have something important to do, but just ducking out after playing a few rounds ruins a round robin. Yang and Mike ***** face, and could have drastically altered the result, had they stayed. Ferdi lost to Steve, so I don't think we need to worry about him.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
That Halfro and his shenanigans.

Anyway, I'll be discussing the rankings with a few people, and changing them once we've decided.

EDIT: At least for this break, I propose ranked bi-weeklies. We'll have another RR in 3 months time, but for now, standard double-elim.

Who all is free on the 27th?

Underload

Lazy
This took me 10 minutes with a few strokes of a calculator and staring at these results:

Colorado Cutthroat Console Tournament
Colorado Cutthroat GameFest
Colorado Cutthroat King of the Springs
Colorado Cutthroat RanBat 6

Somebody please get me the Wasabi results so I can make things more accurate (DFG never posted them on the Cutthroat forums). And maybe the last EFL singles tourney too.

This is is very, very basic and probably not accurate, especially on the bottom half.

1. Fluxus (places within the top 4 at every tournament he attends, took 2nd at everything I looked at except Gamefest where he got 4th and RanBat 6 where he didn't attend.)
2. Timotee (Places very consistently)
3. MenoUnderwater (Places consistently using an unfamiliar matchup to most)
4. ZeroXMachine (Places well when he can attend)
5. Nite (Flies under the radar, but has attended more tournaments than me and placed higher than me at C3T)
6. Underload (I do kinda well)
7. Marronator (I might have to take you off because I only saw your name on the C3T thread, get Wasabi results asap guise)
8. Over9000 (Mid to good placing at GameFest and C3T, might go down for his 17th placement @ KotS)
9. R (consistent in placing in the 9th place-ish range)
10. Ryyudo (Consistency baby!)

Texas has a top 15 power ranking, I decided to do a top 10 just for time's sake and because we have a much smaller community than Texas.

I can't rank Dave because I only saw his name in the GameFest results thread. If he went to Wasabi, then he's gonna shoot toward the top, but otherwise I need at least 2 results to go off of.

Fluxus

Smash Cadet
I won Wasabi, Nite got 2nd, and I think Tim third.
16 entrants I believe.

I got third at gamefest, the result is wrong.

Dave should be included in those rankings somewhere, he just needs to get to more tournies.

Underload

Lazy
1. Fluxus
2. Timotee
3. MenoUnderwater
4. Dave (goes higher if he attends more stuff)
5. ZeroXMachine
6. Nite
7. Underload
8. Marronator
9. Over9000
10. R

We need some people to duke it out, like ZeroX (Mark, right?) and Nite, Meno and Dave, me and Nite, and most of the people down in the lower 4.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I lost to Dave at... Game Fest, was it?

We've only played once though.

Top Bottom