• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Columbia/Rolla/Mid-MO Discussion Thread

Zantetsu

Smash Master
my list would go

1) Luigi!
2) Falcon
3) hmm probably spacies

so is there really a rolla tourney in late january? I'd love to come out again and see everyone
I don't think he would say there was if there wasn't, so do you know what that means? PACK YOUR BAGS AND SAVE SOME CASH, BECAUSE YOU'RE GOING :D

I'll be there 100% if Jace comes. Can't bring any TV's though, my trunk won't allow it. Also, I might as well post my list since everyone else is:

1) Captain Falcon
2 & 3) Fox/Falco, depends on the mood

Hopefully I'll drop Fox soon and go all Falcon all the time. Then this game will be more fun.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
my list would go

1) Luigi!
2) Falcon
3) hmm probably spacies

so is there really a rolla tourney in late january? I'd love to come out again and see everyone
Jace must hate the Springfield crew. We've been having monthlies forever and he never comes. But Rolla? He's there.

Sadly, I will probably not go.

:phone:

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Roman you shouldn't drop fox. I'm jealous that mine will never be able to move like that. I *might* go to Rolla, depending on my schedule.

Jace08

Smash Lord
Jace must hate the Springfield crew. We've been having monthlies forever and he never comes. But Rolla? He's there.

Sadly, I will probably not go.

you must go ziv!

Yeah I should probably explain. So my van is garbz, and I'm just hoping it lasts me another year or so of driving around at school before it breaks down. If I put more miles on it then I'll have to buy another car sooner and I don't have the money for that

mjg was kind enough to offer me, quote, and pyro a ride to rolla last time, so that worked out well. A few weeks ago he shot me a text of possibly going again in late january, so if he's willing to let us all use his car again I'd love it. Also, rolla is close enough to attract four crews: springfield, st. louis, CoMo, and obviously rolla itself. So that's a huge plus (can't even remember the last time I saw you CoMo dudes!)

but yeah I would love to go to a pathways sometime in the future. It's not impossible, just sadly not very likely

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Oh well that makes sense lol.

I still probably won't go. I'm not really a traveller when it comes to smash anymore. But if Roman goes he'll bring some of our crew with him.

Massive

Smash Champion
A CoMo tourney would be better and easier to get KC dudes (and me) to show up at.

Also, Jace has had the power to get the KC crew to go to any tournament for a while now, yet he refuses to use it.
All he has to do is offer to drive his ****ty van.

Jace08

Smash Lord
but if my van breaks down I'm screwed financially, at least in the near future. I usually have enough money to travel in someone else's car and pay them gas though

Massive

Smash Champion
but if my van breaks down I'm screwed financially, at least in the near future. I usually have enough money to travel in someone else's car and pay them gas though
That's the problem, nobody wants to drive and they all want to ride. People (like dmac) end up driving everywhere and dealing with people's stupid **** when they just want to enjoy themselves too.

Vehicle johns are legitimate, but having a vehicle that can fit everyone in the crew at the same time is a very attractive notion. Multiple people can drive the same vehicle (in shifts, imagine that) and it means that we can bro out the whole trip vs. being split up between separate cars (which is much less fun, and costs more per trip).

I'm pretty sure dudes would chip in to get your van fixed if it broke as a result of a tournament trip (I would at least). It'd very likely cost substantially less for fuel as well. That's just my opinion though.

Jace08

Smash Lord
oh yeah, I meant to say this earlier

I'm sure mjg and I can pick up 2-3 dudes interested in going to the rolla tourney np. We're going right through your town where you guys at? Leviathan we must ditto again! Plus they have 64 there

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Leviathan, I will spend at least a full hour playing ssb64 with you if you go. You're the only one in MO who actually likes to play 64 besides me, so take advantage of this ride so we can actually play for once!

-Sinister-

Smash Ace
i honestly want to go. but i have to work early saturday morning and then again midnight the same day (technically sunday but you get it), and there's no way i could stay up that whole time and function properly for either smash or work. and no one else wants to go so. there's your answer. sorry.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
It's nice to see that you at least WANT to go. It's sad no one else does. We have basically every crew in Missouri coming minus you guys.

Jace08

Smash Lord
well if anyone changes their mind or suddenly can go, just give me a call tomorrow morning, there's no reason we won't be able to pick you up

913-787-3094

Sempai

Smash Ace
Hey guys Im from STL where the melee scene is now non-existent. I normally come up to columbia/mizzou every few weeks so if you guys are having a smashfest lemme know. Id love to play melee with peeps that are better than me XD

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Where is Atma?

Dart! Nice new avatar. I like the line that says "You are free to sever the chains of fate that bind you..." That game has such a great opening sequence.

Jace08

Smash Lord
yeah we definitely need to play again deku. Como dudes you should hold a tourney, then you'd have people from kc, stl, springfield and rolla able to show up. It'd be fun! And deku can get his revenge ><

>Bert<

Smash Ace
How about we just tentatively plan some kind of smashfest this weekend? I actually took the entire weekend off for once, so you guys should come. If I get ahold of Sam1 I'll ask him if his house is free this weekend lol that sounds terrible.

Akuma talked about hosting a tournament in Columbia at the beginning of this semester, but I assume he got too busy. Dangit pre-med work!!

-Sinister-

Smash Ace
Akuma talked about hosting a tournament in Columbia at the beginning of this semester, but I assume he got too busy. Dangit League of Legends!!
f.i.x.e.d.

and ryan you can't just be like "hey everyone drop everything and come here in two days". people need some notice. you know. like at least 49 hours.

edit: and i guess the joke's on me cuz it would be more than 49 hours by the time they got here. poop.
and i feel i should point out even if this occurs i don't know if i can actually show up. i sleep all day saturdays. have to work in the morning, and then again before midnight.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
me? yes.10
Well that's cool to know since you haven't been to a tournament since probably around fall. I've given up and I played a lot so it's cool that you're still playing after not being able to play with a non local community in such a long time. Commitment.

Have you considered quitting your job and becoming a pro smasher??
Not a bad option.

>Bert<

Smash Ace
Wtffffffff Zant???? Why isn't it a good thing that Bert still smashes?? I feel left out as ****.

And good smashing with you guys this weekend. You know who you are. Sinister, Akuma, and Leviathan (and King Seig for like 30 min). Reminds me of the good times when we all used to smash for 12+ hours. #reminiscing

-Sinister-

Smash Ace
Wtffffffff Zant???? Why isn't it a good thing that Bert still smashes?? I feel left out as ****.

And good smashing with you guys this weekend. You know who you are. Sinister, Akuma, and Leviathan (and King Seig for like 30 min). Reminds me of the good times when we all used to smash for 12+ hours. #reminiscing
def good times. #not twitter

Zantetsu

Smash Master
It IS a good thing. The reason I asked Sinister was because I haven't heard much about what he's doing in his smash career. I know you're still playing and it's a good thing. I, on the other hand, have pretty much given up on smash (traditional fighters lolololololol) but I enjoy the community too much to leave completely.

Top Bottom