• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Columbus, OH Social and Smashfest Thread

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
I'll go again. I'm off tomorrow so I can join you guys for the Smashfest as soon as it starts.

If only I could say that again for Shuffle next week...

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
We're still having smashfests on Wednesdays, but we don't have any CRT TVs here anymore. This is a problem since the HDTVs that replaced them are really laggy for the Wii.

Again, if anyone's coming and is able to bring a CRT, please do so, otherwise some of us may have to try and cope with what we have now.

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
So far, we had no luck since this started, but eventually our luck will turnover if we keep asking.

Part of that was my fault since I was the first and only Smasher to show up on the day it started, and thought it wasn't going to be an issue since I didn't play my Wii enough to discover the lag.

While we can bring CRTs, we can't leave them there. It will tedious for loading and unloading, I'm sure, but it'll be worth the effort to keep offline matches from feeling like online matches.

This is also crucial if we'll ever have another tourney at Donatos, too.

Suyon

Smash Lord
I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fixed my damn phat PS3. 6-7 Hours.

For the tourneys at Donatos. I don't think it's going to be a super huge impact because from what I've seen previously you guys had a lot of TV with two to boost things up. Yes, it is unfortunate but I don't think it would prohibit you guys from hosting at Donatos still.

If I'm available and free then people could play PM at my place. Two HD TVs but I see no problems with them.

SoulPech

Smash Master
It's unfortunate w/ the crt issue because I've been busy not showing up, thus can't provide a tv. donatos won't allow us to store tvs either, so someone/people have to step it up, or just stick w/ using the flat screens for now. In the meantime, we can search for another venue.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
ah.... I see... Let's hope something will happen... I will see for myself by showing up today (hopefully)

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Ok... may be I should drag myself there to see how bad I am right now, have not played anything Smash for the last 2-3
months...

po0psmith

Smash Rookie
yo, is there going to be a smashfest tonight? I'm down to play after work around 9ish. If I'm at work and cant check smashboards I'll probably just come knocking lol

GanondorfDragmire

Smash Rookie
Attended Shuffle IV this weekend and realized how badly I need good practice if I ever wanna compete. Are you folks meeting at Donatos this Wednesday to Smash?

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
Yes. There should be a Smashfest this Wednesday as usual. For the most part, it just Project M, now, but Brawl & perhaps Melee will be available, too.

If you can, please bring a CRT TV. We don't have those at Donatos anymore, and all the HDTVs that replaced them lag badly with the Wii.

SoulPech

Smash Master
Double posting since there's a day gap:

I updated the OP with upcoming events, but since some of you guys don't even check it i'll post here. There's a tourney in Michigan this weekend. who's interested in going?

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
I can't go. I definitely would if I didn't have to work. I may need to get a different job at this point.

I found out today that my full time privileges got bumped back to next year for my job. Even when I get them, it's impossible for me to work Mon - Fri so I can be free for Sat. For what I do at work, it simply cannot be changed at all since it's a team effort. Again, I might get lucky at the end of these next two months, which I'm hoping to use for a tourney on their Saturdays, but then that's it.

Sooner or later, I'll get a new job with a Mon - Fri schedule so I can still have full reign on what I can do on Saturdays. I'll keep working at the one I'm at now until I do.

SoulPech

Smash Master
Columbus People,

If you would like to be a part of the Midwest social for facebook, you can follow this link

We'll still use Columbus social thread and the PM/brawl Columbus thread, but Keist wanted me to get the new people in there.

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
I meant to post this update here, first, but I mixed it up with the Shuffle thread:

I found out from my manager that I can do this on a couple conditions:

1) I can only request a day off everyone once in a while. It can't be every week or every other week.

2) I must request a day off at least 2 weeks in advance. The longer the distance between when I request a day off to when I reach that specific day, the more likely I will in fact get that day off.

3) Reasons and priority: The more important my reason is for taking the day off, the more likely I'll get it off, as well.

Because of this, I'll use this to go to Phoenix Saga 6 on December 7th, but even though I requested it this early, I might STILL not get it if someone else requests that same day off for something like a funeral.

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
With all of that said, I might be able to go to Apex, too, afterall, but just in case, there will simultaneously needs to be a plan to include me for the trip if I do get to do that, and a backup plan with a replacement player if I can't, because I don't completely know my own stance on that, yet.

SoulPech

Smash Master
UHHH...

For some reason, some of the matches never got recorded unfortunately...

The only thing we have that got recorded are everything but Winner's quarters/semis and Loser's quarters/semis and some matches in between (like 6 matches total)

sad days.

KingOfNothing

Smash Apprentice
Have there been lagless TVs available on Wednesdays lately? I still can't bring any and I'm wondering if I should go Wednesday or not.
Also, is anybody holding a Smashfest this weekend?

SoulPech

Smash Master
The issue with the whole tv situation is those who have teh abiity (myself and alfred) don't go to these often. I don't only because I work till 7:30 and Alfred doesn't because of other stuff I'm assuming. I plan to go this wednesday and I'll bring a couple tvs.

There will be a smashfest at my house. I'll update everything tomorrow.

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
So far we hadn't had any luck with CRTs.

Last week the only Smashers that were there were Kiest and myself, but Kiest was mainly there for Street Fighter and I ended up settling down with that & Skullgirls, instead.

The only other source we have for a lagless TV is if Suyon allows us to use his at his apartment right next door from Donatos. That TV is HD, too, ironically.

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
And yes like SP said, he and Alfred are usually the ones that bring CRTs, but they don't show up at Donatos too often.

Whether they do or don't, it would be nice for others to pitch in, too. I would myself if I could drive.

GigaBowserXyZ

Smash Journeyman
So I've been wanting to give Project M a try when they release Mewtwo to the public and thought I could start here (because f*** netplay). Also, how many people in here are interested in BBCP? I can bring a set up for those who want to play it.

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
ah...bb = blazblue I assume
Yes. Specifically, BBCP means BlazBlue Chronophantasma.

That game's been blowing up Donatos lately. We get no less than 3 setups for it, to the point that a Street Fighter setup is rare, and I didn't see a single Marvel setup at all last week.

That's really good for an anime-type fighter.

Top Bottom