• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Columbus Ohio Smashfest

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
614-558-1936

For people again. I will likely be down for smash at OSU. My Melee tech skill will probably he ***, but meh. We'll see.

:phone:

DippnDots

Feral Youth
i've come under the weather over the past couple days, nothing serious but its getting steadily worse (damn cigarettes) dunno if i want to risk passing it around.. cause you know i like to make out with all of you at these shindigs

we'll see how i feel after work tomorrow

Asa

Smash Hero
heyyyyyyyy guys~

soo i get in monday night

phone number is (808)286 3827

When is the best time to smash? O:

oh and i'll be staying in cleveland

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
If you're staying in Cleveland, you will probably want to hit up the NEOH (North East Ohio) thread, mate. Otherwise, I know here in Columbus Wednesday is on.

That being said... Keister has graciously got us the venue Momo2! That's right, the home of Season's Beatings is available and apparently for free for Ohio gamers.

Now that I can actually go, hopefully I'll see some of both Melee and Brawl there!

Asa

Smash Hero
i don't mind greyhounding it down to columbus either O:
would it be possible to get a ride from someone @ the greyhound station?

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Tuesday or Weds tbqh. I could "pick you up" on the way to Momo's or something on Weds.

Which means you'll be going from Greyhound to public transit basically.

SDM

Smash Cadet
Remember guys! OSI will have a tournament at the Union in OSI this Saturday! Registration starts at 11 AM, but if you can't make it there, there's always free play that you can go to.

SDM

Smash Cadet
The Smash tournament at The Ohio State University's Union will cost $5 to enter the venue for unlimited free play and an additional $10 to enter the tournament. Also, there will be a meeting tomorrow at the Union at 7. And if you want more information, send oh.smash.initiative@gmail.com a message and we'll fill you in if needed.

QUIVO

Smash Master
Hey Juu and Kevbo, sorry I didn't respond to your guys' texts. I got them at work when I was busy and then I was in a rush after I got out trying to go to a friends graduation thing. I'll try to make it next week.

Smash Apprentice
So, my brother (Sleep, at the few tournies he's attended) and I have started getting more into smash lately, but we can't play very often. Does anyone still check this? Would anyone want to start playing, even if only unscheduled?

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Indeed, Columbus people interested should go up to AA on the 11th. I can't because of the madre's birthday, but everyone should go.

Likewise, Roller. Try to get people back down to Athens on March 2nd. I know a lot of MI will be on break, but that doesn't always stop people.

Roller

Smash Legend
I'll try to get the ball rolling on a carpool for that, but as you mentioned, U of M is on spring break until the following Monday. So I'll be in NJ and can't attend. =/

I do really want to though. When is Vengeance [or w/e the sequel Chi (and Hilt?) are doing to Revenge is called] gonna be? Hoping it'll be sometime between late March/mid April so I'll still be in MI for it. If it's gonna be during Summer I might still try to come out though, as long as I can find a ride.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I think Chisui mentioned wanting to do it around Mid-to-Late April? Something like that. Oh, there is a Midwest Skype now that you should pop into. Lux is already there and stuff. Hit me or Lux up to be added into it or whatever.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Wake up, thread. You've hibernated long enough.

I'm coming back for serious business. Mostly Project M tonight, but I'd be open to Melee if there's a setup around.

My Wednesday nights have become free once more and I want this to stop being a mainly Brawl-fest. I know some Columbus Melee people still exist. Get off your rears and show up. We're an insult to the US Melee scene. I know these are still going on, so no excuses.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Waking this thread up for those of us who don't use facebook that often/live 30+ minutes from OSU and can't be there all the time.

Going to Momo's tonight, primarily to play Project M, but I'll probably bring a Melee setup too. Even on non-tournament nights (not sure if Kiest is holding one this week) there's usually a Brawl set up too, if that's your thing. Also real fighting games (Guilty Gear) if that's your thing.

Top Bottom