• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Columbus Smashfest Biweeklies at Soapsies- God Deezy!

soap

Smash Hero
these will start at the end of september during the second week of school so that the rest of campus is here. they'll be in the middle of the week either tuesday or wednesday nights. post if interested or have time suggestions/conflickts. first cuple will just be smashfests, but i wanna turn these into small 5 dolar entry tourneys

address: 1622 N 4th st. (corner of N 4th and 12th, the crossroads into the ghetto) parking is free on the street

First one is just a casual smashfest, will be tuesday 9/25/07, can come as early as 18:00. and extra setups are needed.

mathos

Smash Champion
Well I got school on Wednesday nights until like middle of October then I gots school on Tuesday nights.

Just to help you decide on a weeknight :)

Nice to see some Central Ohio smashers manning up where CoK phails.

Holland

Smash Rookie
I could probably make some sort of appearance, I'm staying at Morrill Tower, I want to play again so bad lol

edit-My AIM=Cheezesandwhich8, just IM me and if I'm bored I'll probably play sometime where ever.

d2Law89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PolarUrs
3DS FC
1263-6319-5484
HOLLAND, I'M AT MORRILL. 8th Floor, Room 852, SN: d2Law89. I can game ANYTIME.

soap

Smash Hero
thats weird, all these smashers in the same buildings... if i didnt room with paradigm freshman year i never would have started playing.. and my GPA would be higher

d2Law89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PolarUrs
3DS FC
1263-6319-5484
Someone host a smashfest at Morrill, I don't have a TV but I got a Wii and 3 controllers

soap

Smash Hero
theres some kids on the 22nd and 23rd floor who play as well.
the 23rd floor is a substance free floor and they get like 25 thousand dollars for events to promote substance free living, and we got them to sponsor a moriill tower tourney in the lounge, the prizes were pretty ****y though, first place was a 40 dollar gift card to best buy, meanwhile the RA used the money to make trips to new york with a few kids from the floor to see broadway plays and gay **** like that...prik

Big_R

Smash Champion
big_R is staying at his house in columbus and driving to osu when class starts. speaking of class i suck at scheduling cuz i a pretty big gap between classes on friday, with classes ending at like 9:18 then starting at 3:30. then i have a class ending at like 10:18 on monday and weds and my next class isn't until 3:30 again. i pry should talk to someone, but idk if its too late.
so to break it down
M: 9:30-10:18 ------------3:30-4:18 bad schedule day 1
T: 8:30-10:18 (god deezy) 12:30-1:18 2:30-3:18 busy day 1
W: 9:30-10:18 -----------3:30-4:18
R: 8:30-10:18 :(:( 12:30-1:18 2:30-3:18 busy day 2
F: 8:30-9:30-------------3:30-4:18 bad schedule day 2

also, i def didnt read that book for the freshman survey class so hopefully it wasn;t important. hahaha

Holland

Smash Rookie
Me and D2law played today, I have a tv in my room and I guess I could move it out to the middle room if ppl ever wanted to play smash at Morrill sometime. None of my other roomates have a cube or wii tho so it would only be one unless someone brings one. I'm on floor 20 room 2002

also S/N's of other players in the area?

ALB247

Smash Apprentice
Soap, considering you've come to many of my/Tank's tournaments, it would only seem fair for us to traverse down to one of yours sometime.

soap

Smash Hero
ya, first ones not a tourny, just casual smashfest to meet everybody new on campus. but pretty soon ima turn it into small tourneys with like a 5 dollar entry, i need someone to volunteer and help me run this **** cuz i dont even know how to set up a bracket lol

Big_R

Smash Champion
so you should edit this when it's starting, cuz i don't feel like oging to the first page. unless u dont have a start time yet. buttt i have a reworked scheduled now so that is solved. so it owuld be weird to just go to someones room but i guess thats how it is. i say u start these up so i can meet some of these new ppl around campus.

btw my aim is bigr122107 if anyone wants to hit me up

oh yeah i forgot i have work later in the evening. i will have to try and get outta that somehow. hmmm

soap

Smash Hero
do we have enough people?
theres plenty of people in columbus
so you should edit this when it's starting, cuz i don't feel like oging to the first page. unless u dont have a start time yet. buttt i have a reworked scheduled now so that is solved. so it owuld be weird to just go to someones room but i guess thats how it is. i say u start these up so i can meet some of these new ppl around campus.

btw my aim is bigr122107 if anyone wants to hit me up

oh yeah i forgot i have work later in the evening. i will have to try and get outta that somehow. hmmm
first one is this tuesday, then everyother tuesday, people can start coming around 5, ends whenever. if anyone has a small tv they could bring that would be great and a couple setups are needed too. right now ive only got two tvs and one setup, a third tv and two cubes would help things run smoothly.

ALB247

Smash Apprentice
I may not be able to show up just yet, but let me just give you one magical link which is basically the only topic you'll need for running a tournie:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=95636

As for running brackets:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=90655

Make sure you pick up that software. It is TOO NECESSARY for running a tournament smoothly, plus it just makes you look like you know what you're doing ;-) Make sure you run through the tutorial and mess around with the program before Tournie Day, so you DO actually know what you're doing!

AIM is "Graham once said" if you ever have any questions.

mathos

Smash Champion
Silly Soaptastic. Setup = 1 cube and 1 tv

I don't think I'll be able to make it this Tuesday, I gots papers to write. But if I get done early I might stop by.

soap

Smash Hero
tuesday is a smashfest, then 2 weeks later is a small singles tourney, 5 dollar entry, normal rules and all that jazz, exact details later.

Holland

Smash Rookie
Man I can't wait to play all the Cbus players I've never met before, this post is totally relevant, just so everyone knows.

4% APR

Smash Champion
if you guys start having tournaments I'll have to try to make down to lose to cryb some more :cool:

mathos

Smash Champion
A small tourny is going to be 2 weeks from tomorrow, sorry if I stole your thunder soaptastic.

Top Bottom