• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Combo off of D-Smash

Battlewoundz

Smash Cadet
Im new to ROB and I have noticed that I seem to use the D-Smash alot after a perfect shield, and iI can usually get a few hits in after that, but no significant combos. I was wondering if anyone knew any good combos out of the D Smash.

Thanks
RDubz

Sudai

Stuff here
Low Percents - Predict their reaction and follow with a UAir.
High Percents - Hope they SDI out and try to follow with a Jab > Tilt/Grab

There's no true combos though.

zzz99

Smash Apprentice
for the most part, there is no "true" combo out of downsmash for ROB
but what it DOES do is limit the options for which your opponent can do after the move is finished
at low percents i've rarely seen anyone DI out of it, so be prepared to read your opponent and follow up with whatever move you want (uair, utilt, maybe even an usmash?)
at high percents dsmash becomes very easy to DI out of, and you can follow up while your opponent is recovering

aside from that, there isn't really much else aside from it's a great move to get people like MK to get the **** off

Lv.99

Smash Journeyman
As everyone has said, there are no real combos. However, you can normally pull of an f-tilt, f-air, or u-air depending on how they DI. If you are able to pull of an f-air, continue it until you can time a good f-smash to get them offstage. Then edgeguard them until they lose a stock.

Top Bottom