• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Coming Soon in the Summer of 2010* Kira & DJ Mirror Present: Arcadian 2 - The Return

DJMirror

Smash Master
OK! I just updated with the first post with the pot distribute

please check everything and such >.<

D

Deleted member

I will train my falco for this tourney, **** falcon

Lovage

Smash Hero
i think you guys should just go thru each ranked player and decide what characters are banned for them. we know everybody well enough to know around how decent their characters are and how fair it would be.

2 things: if 2 ranked players face each other they should be able to use any high tiers they want (not their main) so if me and joey play each other we can do falco vs. falcon

can i team with s2j if we do really gimped characters like his sheik and my falcon or something? hes not even top 10 he sucks anyway so it would still be fair if we use bad characters. i may use link.

MacD

Banned via Administration
we are both ranked, sorry :(

rules are rules (no matter how stupid they are cause people don't realize besides sheik and IC's, my garbage tech skill makes me worse than like anyone)

D

Deleted member

who wants to team with me since i probably can't team with oscar?

you are probably gunna team with my horrifying falco

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
wait ranked people can't team with each other?!

just rip my heart out already, Dave/Jason. :(

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
haha I like the PsychoMidget can't team with Mango rule but it's not like he's going. he quit smash for WoW

Kira-

Smash Champion
haha I like the PsychoMidget can't team with Mango rule but it's not like he's going. he quit smash for WoW
You sure he's not going? You say this with such confidence.. I wonder where it stems from.

Kira-

Smash Champion
Cameron can team with Mango if he wants. I think Jason put that there as a joke. Going to go edit his post right now

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
Dave, the guy hasn't gone to anything since WGF. he passed up a tournament at UCI (less than 5 minutes away). I am very sure he has quit.

DJMirror

Smash Master
PsychoMidget doesn't just play WOW, he plays TF2 as well lol

it's not a smashfest at cam's house anymore, it's a freaking TF2/WOW session at his house now =/

I hate to say this but I doubt Cameron will play unless you nag him enough then he MIGHT go (50/50 chance)

Lovage

Smash Hero
omg he plays tf2? johnny lets **** him

btw lemme team with johnny

well play like link sheik or something idc

Kira-

Smash Champion
Anyone want to team?
Mememe.. but you might want a teammate better than my samus lol

omg he plays tf2? johnny lets **** him

btw lemme team with johnny

well play like link sheik or something idc
The whole reason for this is so that the community branches out a little more than they're used to. Obviously we don't set the rules so that we can screw you over at every turn and laugh at you while you struggle with mid tiers. Last time this tournament had 90 entrants exactly- about 40 smashers showed up that we had no idea existed, and then they disappeared just as quickly. Remember how much criticism the first Arcadian tournament had? On Smashboards it was more or less split down the middle as to whether this tournament would succeed or fail. And now we know, it was clearly a move in the right direction. We don't know whether everyone will decide to show up again, but I do know that the community appreciated it last time and I want to do something like that again.

I'm actually really happy that you and Johnny decide to team together at every tournament, because it's a throwback to old school Melee. Recently everyone teams with the best player they possibly can because they all want that money. And yes, I DO blame people for that. I still, and will forever like them as people, but I do not approve of this one decision. Therefore, I've decided to team with someone COOL rather than someone GOOD. It's one reason why I'm not teaming with Zhu this saturday, and instead tried to team with Alex19, Maple, Doppleganger, and Deth before finally getting back to Zhu with an answer. These are people I actually WANT to team with, not people who might get me that top 3 cash. Now Zhu went off and teamed with Fly, so chances are, if I'm the only one doing this I'm not going to have a very big impact on the community, but I'm not tired of it yet, so this habit of mine will continue.

tl;dr
Um but yeah you guys can't team. Sorry.

edit - i know i kinda went off on a rant there. But Armada teams with Aniolas every tournament, Amsah teams with Adam every tournament, and when asked about it, said he would never team with Armada regardless of how easily they would get 1st. How lame would it be if Mango teamed with Armada every tournament. It's pretty lame when our grand finals is them easily 3-0ing any team they want

Lovage

Smash Hero
aight so what characters can i use in teams

i wanna know so i can decide a good partner

can i at least use like...sheik in teams? my links better than my sheik

btw. you guys should really just go person-by-person and decide what characters are fair. deciding what characters we can or can't use by tiers is an arbitrary way to do it

letting s2j use falco and but forcing macd to use doc or something is stupid because s2j's falco is way better than the rest of the rankings low tiers

Kira-

Smash Champion
aight so what characters can i use in teams

i wanna know so i can decide a good partner

can i at least use like...sheik in teams? my links better than my sheik
then go link -_- why would you want to go sheik if your link is better

you use the same characters throughout the whole tournament. So for you, any mid tier and lower.

btw. you guys should really just go person-by-person and decide what characters are fair. deciding what characters we can or can't use by tiers is an arbitrary way to do it

letting s2j use falco and but forcing macd to use doc or something is stupid because s2j's falco is way better than the rest of the rankings low tiers
It wasn't purely by tiers, it just happened to work out well that way. We made sure each player was about as equally restricted as everyone else.

Johnny can't use falco wtf why do you guys keep saying this? Read the rules

Also macd's zelda would beat johnny's falco i would be willing to put $5 on it

Kira-

Smash Champion
Lol I usually don't hype up MacD EVER so the one time I do you guys should take caution, if not believe me

Also I would team with you.. if I didn't just tell tafo that i'd team with him lol

Kira-

Smash Champion
yup that's why deciding it by tiers is dumb
So it's gonna be like, MacD can't use Peach, ICs, Sheik, or Zelda? Connor can't use Fox, Marth, Sheik, Peach, Falcon, Puff? What about Larry's secondaries or Fly's secondaries? How do you decide who has better characters when we've never seen them at top potential? How do you know if my Falco is better or worse than your Marth? That's dumb.. if you have a good low tier more power to you.

Top Bottom