• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Common Misconceptions about Lucario

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Please add onto this the misconception that FPCG is a true CG.
Shhhh!!! We all wanna milk that move as long as possible until people find out. :<

Anyways, bump and updated with "Azen/Lee's the only reason Luc's so high on the tier list" and updated the "rolls are top tier" with a footnote for those really good people. Should I take out that part though? I'm not sure if it's needed in a topic like this, but I was thinking that occasionally, good people switch characters and look at the topics for advice, so...

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
I never new some of this stuff and Im a lucairo main. I feel like an idiot. But now im smarter and ready to use my new knowledge to my advantage. Thanks

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Hey, FPCG can't be broken out of over 25%, so over 25%, it's a chaingrab on heavyweights like Dedede.

EDIT: Kita, maybe you should add in the Azen section that at full power, Lucario is the strongest character in the game. No. Seriously. He can kill Dedede <50% with an UNCHARGED F-Smash.

EDIT 2: DEDEDE!

EDIT 3: NOT KIRBY!

EDIT 4: BUT DEDEDE!

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
hmm ill have to test that. The only problem is that if I tested I would have to diminsh it. Lets be honest by 180% lucario f-smash would have been use at least 5 times(if not more) unless a total noob was playing. Also what stage were you on.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Um, center of Final Destination, and I did test, multiple times already. And WHY, pray tell would F-Smash have been used at least 5 times? I prefer Dair, Bair, and Ftilt. Oh, and of course, Lucario's signature move, Aura Sphere. Besides, full power is 172% plus two stocks down.

EDIT: Oh, and I use F-Smash only when the kill percent is right, so if I HIT with it 5 times (which is the only way it diminishes), I'm PRETTY sure my enemy would have been killed. Going by tourney rules, 3 stocks, 8 minutes, if I had KILLED the opponent, I wouldn't be able to reach full power :|

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Well you probally will use aura shpere just to get damage earlier in the game. Plus vs d3 one uptilt at 172% your dead.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Touche, but that's still as powerful as Dedede or stronger. Plus you have better mobility to boot.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
hmm ill have to test that. The only problem is that if I tested I would have to diminsh it. Lets be honest by 180% lucario f-smash would have been use at least 5 times(if not more) unless a total noob was playing. Also what stage were you on.
AAA and grab pummels will take care of diminishings pretty well at that high of a percentage.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Hey, FPCG can't be broken out of over 25%, so over 25%, it's a chaingrab on heavyweights like Dedede.
For about one or two more grabs, maybe, but even those aren't guaranteed. It's not a true chaingrab. I'll chain two or three into a dthrow, but that's as far as I'll go with cg's.

EDIT: Kita, maybe you should add in the Azen section that at full power, Lucario is the strongest character in the game. No. Seriously. He can kill Dedede <50% with an UNCHARGED F-Smash.

EDIT 2: DEDEDE!

EDIT 3: NOT KIRBY!

EDIT 4: BUT DEDEDE!
I would, but I'd be lying. If you're talking about sheer killing force, Ike, DDD, Snake, Falcon, Ganon, Luigi, Wario, etc. all have much much stronger killers (potentially). If you're talking realistics, Snake, Meta Knight, DK, Wario, and maybe GnW still have us beat. Our killers aren't exactly easy to land on most high/top tiers. :< If you're talking on average, I think GnW, Ganondorf, possibly Ike if you count eruption and fsmash and sweet dtilt, Snake, and maybe Zelda probably all have a just as low if not lower average, methinks. <<

Maybe, maybe not. It depends on your opponent. I'm sure as hell not going to have a fresh fsmash when I'm fighting GnW, and I think Fsmash works pretty well against Marth, too, but I'll probably have a fresh one if I fight against a MK and manage to scrounge my way out of all his killers (although even utilt kills long before then. :<)

Um, center of Final Destination, and I did test, multiple times already. And WHY, pray tell would F-Smash have been used at least 5 times? I prefer Dair, Bair, and Ftilt. Oh, and of course, Lucario's signature move, Aura Sphere. Besides, full power is 172% plus two stocks down.

EDIT: Oh, and I use F-Smash only when the kill percent is right, so if I HIT with it 5 times (which is the only way it diminishes), I'm PRETTY sure my enemy would have been killed. Going by tourney rules, 3 stocks, 8 minutes, if I had KILLED the opponent, I wouldn't be able to reach full power :|
Fsmash when needed, not only to kill imo. Really though, I don't even kill with Fsmash all that much anymore. People are learning. Most of my kills come from Bair, Uair, and Aura Sphere nowadays. xD

Also, if you're 2-stocks down and at 170%, you're probably ****ed anyways. We shouldn't use that as our definition of the "cap." I'd rather we use the 170% mark as the "cap" for simplicity's sake.
Well you probally will use aura shpere just to get damage earlier in the game. Plus vs d3 one uptilt at 172% your dead.
You have a good point. But many characters have really bad kill potential realistically in that they don't have any safe, reliable killers, like Fox's Usmash or Snake's Utilt. It's possible to survive that long against many high and top tiers sometimes, such as Falco or Diddy Kong(lol).
Touche, but that's still as powerful as Dedede or stronger. Plus you have better mobility to boot.
Nothing we have will ever be as strong as DDD's second most powerful kill move, and Fsmash isn't totally useless, either. Futi-er-Fiction got nailed by one at BIO2.
AAA and grab pummels will take care of diminishings pretty well at that high of a percentage.
Dunno, there's still a limit. Fsmash is one of our core moves, so trying to keep it perfectly fresh when you're under so much pressure sounds a bit difficult, especially since we know we suck at revenge kills. I'd much rather have a fresh Aura Sphere than Fsmash, anyways. <<

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Ah. I heard it was 25%.... But yeah, Dedede's F-Smash can kill at 40-44 percent uncharged, but at FULL power, we can go better. And that is raw statistics.

Top Bottom