• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Competitive Brawl Rule Set (NOT OFFICIAL)

jog

Smash Journeyman
RC, green greens, corneria and more... all theses stages banned... a sad day for G&W

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
I just have two problems.

1. Kirbycide being a loss while bowser's equals a win. Bowser's is even easier to pull off and it just seems completely unfair. (though i know im probably being biased myself)

2.Rainbow cruise and jungle japes being banned. Especially RC. I dont understand the reasoning at all behind that one.

Other wise, great job

Luigi player

Smash Master
Jungle Japes wasn't even banned in Melee...

Man only those stages would be so boring >.<

I don't understand why all those stages would be banned... :(

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the reason Bowsercide is treated differently than all other suicides is because, unlike all other suicides, the game determines the winner based on controller port. So if P1 Bowser suicides with P2 Snake, Bowser wins, but if Bowser was P2 and Snake was P1, Bowser would lose. (Or vice versa, I can't remember if the priority goes from 1 -> 4 or 4 -> 1.) All other suicides are consistent in determining the victor to the best of my knowledge.

I disagree with some of the banned stages (although I can understand the reasoning) but I'm not in the mood for debating them right now. >_<

Pearl Floatzel

Smash Apprentice
I understand the reasoning behind, say, Corneria, Distant Planet, or Luigi's Mansion being banned, but Rainbow Cruise? And Jungle Japes? The worst part about JJ is the Klaptrap, and that is a set hazard, with a fixed pattern. Rainbow Cruise I can see no reason for at all.
Can we get an explanation for the banned stages? Those two are the only ones who really need it, but a lot of people don't get your reasoning. (Maybe I don't either)

jog

Smash Journeyman
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the reason Bowsercide is treated differently than all other suicides is because, unlike all other suicides, the game determines the winner based on controller port. So if P1 Bowser suicides with P2 Snake, Bowser wins, but if Bowser was P2 and Snake was P1, Bowser would lose. (Or vice versa, I can't remember if the priority goes from 1 -> 4 or 4 -> 1.) All other suicides are consistent in determining the victor to the best of my knowledge.

I disagree with some of the banned stages (although I can understand the reasoning) but I'm not in the mood for debating them right now. >_<
nahhh
bowser always wins because he's on top once you hit the bottom so the opponent hits the bottom first.

King~

Smash Champion
Dang i read this from the bottom up i was excited till i seen the stage list

i just don't get Green Greens, RC, japes, and skyworld

i <3 u though for moving lylat to couter pick, gay tilting stage is gay

JLynn943

Smash Ace
this update is anti-G&W :(

personally, I don't like RC, but I know it's a good stage for G&W.

I love seeing that Lylat is no longer neutral though.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
It's not hard to not get hit by hazards....
Except when you are thrown into them, hit into them, caped/mirror shielded aerials into them. They spawn -right- when you are at that spot and blow you up....

No joke, I'll play some pictochat with my friends and show that I die from the stage more then my opponents.

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
Corneria
Distant Planet
Jungle Japes
Norfair
Pirate Ship
Rainbow Cruise
Green Greens
Onett
Pokémon Stadium 2

I question the banning of these stages.

I mean, I kinda see some of them, but not enough to be banned.

bobson

Smash Lord
Except when you are thrown into them, hit into them, caped/mirror shielded aerials into them.
It's not the stage's fault if your opponent uses the stage to kill you. The only time "the stage killed me" is valid is if the hazards spawn right on top of you.

...which Pictochat does all the God****ed time. ****ing rockets.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I was in love with the entire list until I saw Castle Siege under counterpicks. You can't ban DDD's standing infinite if you're going to leave this stage in the mix.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Wait, why do you have more of a problem with Castle Siege than Delfino?

Hero Fly Chao

Smash Cadet
Corneria
Distant Planet
Jungle Japes
Norfair
Pirate Ship
Rainbow Cruise
Green Greens
Onett
Pokémon Stadium 2

I question the banning of these stages.

I mean, I kinda see some of them, but not enough to be banned.
It's a matter of principle, I think. The whole point of this ruleset, as Umbreon said, is to be conservative and test Player vs Player skill more than stage-based tricks and counterpicking know-how.

Most of the banned stages have hazards that simply just cause too much ruckus, and get in the way of the Player vs Player nature.
PS2's terrain causes movement complications (wind, ice, conveyors) that are just irritating, for example.

The others have either walk-off edges (Onett, Distant Planet,) or questionable shapes and killzones (Rainbow Cruise, Corneria.)

Daimonster

Smash Journeyman
I was in love with the entire list until I saw Castle Siege under counterpicks. You can't ban DDD's standing infinite if you're going to leave this stage in the mix.
L2stay on a platform for the duration of the stage section. MK has the same problem against yoshi and marth...but you don't hear MK's crying "oh noes counterpick stage is SUPER effective."

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
It's a matter of principle, I think. The whole point of this ruleset, as Umbreon said, is to be conservative and test Player vs Player skill more than stage-based tricks and counterpicking know-how.

Most of the banned stages have hazards that simply just cause too much ruckus, and get in the way of the Player vs Player nature.
PS2's terrain causes movement complications (wind, ice, conveyors) that are just irritating, for example.

The others have either walk-off edges (Onett, Distant Planet,) or questionable shapes and killzones (Rainbow Cruise, Corneria.)
Maybe I'm too liberal, but I honestly welcome chaos in the stages. To an extent, at least.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
needs green greens for the mk cp. that's my only real gripe. huge props for taking a better stand on gay camp/stall tactics.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wait, why do you have more of a problem with Castle Siege than Delfino?
Give me a minute...

L2stay on a platform for the duration of the stage section. MK has the same problem against yoshi and marth...but you don't hear MK's crying "oh noes counterpick stage is SUPER effective."
Let's go ahead and allow DDD's infinite on every stage but FD. Because really you can just "L2stay on a platform."

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
pictochat is almost too random and walls at random times. what if you were fighting pit and the whale spawned on him? then he gets camping rights. i still say many of the others should not be banned, but still be CP. like RC JJ PS1 GG........

D

Deleted member

RC is banned because of the platform above the ship that can be used for stalling, and because of random wall pins that aren't true infinites, but function the same way that the infinites do into a KO.

I was really torn on this stage. I know Marc wanted it banned, but it's not a totally unreasonable counterpick.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
@Ankoku, They should both be banned imo.

There, I said it. :O

XienZo

Smash Lord
Isn't that platform easy to reach with 2 jumps +maybe upB with any character and lead to star KOs?

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
The platform above the stage is reachable by many characters. in fact if you just perform nearly any uair on the opponent while they stand there they'll get Ko'ed.

problem is that not many characters can go up that high.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I was questioning the large number of stages banned, but after understanding your point, I can see why you did so. <3 this ruleset.

Although I do have to agree on the fact that the suicide stuff seems flawed. Either suicide killing should be insta-loss or insta-win.

XienZo

Smash Lord
The platform above the stage is reachable by many characters. in fact if you just perform nearly any uair on the opponent while they stand there they'll get Ko'ed.

problem is that not many characters can go up that high.
Who can't?

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
dumb question i know, But relative to the ground. Is the platform even that much higher then Battefields?

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
skyworld is like a mini luigi mansion. its a floating cage and unless your recovery is good noone except the better recoveries stand a chance at living from being thrown off not to mention if you need the edge it can be destroyed right in front of you.

and couldn't stall be called on whoevers using this platform on RC? the walls can be avoided mostly too.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
RC is banned because of the platform above the ship that can be used for stalling, and because of random wall pins that aren't true infinites, but function the same way that the infinites do into a KO.

I was really torn on this stage. I know Marc wanted it banned, but it's not a totally unreasonable counterpick.
Even if they did stall there (I have never seen anyone do so) how long exactly do they have?

I would imagine not very long, and it's similar to Kirby/Jigglypuff/MK/Pit/??? flying under Final Destination (though probably less risky)
And don't they take damage up there?

Don't stand next to walls when you could be "locked" into scrolling deaths >_>

Top Bottom