• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Competitive Marvel vs Capcom, community thoughts?

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Since were in the topic of melee player's thoughts and impressions on other fighting games, what does the melee community think of competitive anime fighters (Blazblue, Persona, Guilty, etc). :D
Persona is awesome, might get into anime games after some more melee practice.

TBH I like watching marvel and SF. Games are cool and I know enough about the top players to enjoy it. Don't really care for 3D fighters though....

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
Marvel is sick. Yipes is hilarious and hype as hell.

That clockwork vs goldenboyneo money match was insane, I love it.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
Huge fan. Delved slightly into MVC2 (Iron Man/Strider/Doom), theorycrafting my team in UMVC3 before making it official.

Zhea

Smash Ace
Generally speaking I like how MVC3 works, but it's current meta disinterests me. I am all for technical gameplay, but many of the top tiers ignore resources in one of two ways: They either have lengthy death combos that also serve as meter batteries (Magneto and Doctor Doom) without any initial investment or they have meter burning death combos that regenerate all they meter they burned if they hit(Zero, Morgan, Vergil). I'm personally fine with and think it's good design to have 1 touch death combos in a game like MVC3 if you have to burn excessive amounts of meter to do it. If top level play was closer to Justin Wong than Flocker I would be interested in breaking out my copy of MVC3 again. Not a huge fan of X-factor, but it probably does more good for the game then bad in terms of character viability.

Top Bottom