• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Complete Guide to playing Smash Bros. 64 Online

Syril

Smash Rookie
It was working for a bit on another server, but not anymore. It might just be my school's connection.

andrewhhelms

Smash Rookie
Problem with %'s in Project64k

Hi,

I'm trying to play over Kaillera online, and when I play Versus mode the damage % stays at 0% the whole time. If I play Training Mode, it goes up with the hits like normal, but even try to play an AI on the emulator and the % won't budge!

Anybody else run into this problem? If you have, how'd you fix it? I've tried everything I could dig up, but no luck anywhere...

FreakoFreako

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, I need help with playing SSB Online.

I can run SSB offline at 59.xx-60.xx FPS during gameplay.

However, when I play SSB Online, it slows down to 48.xx-58.xx. X = Random number of course.

I followed this guide EXACTLY and I'm still experiencing lag issues. My computer's specs shouldn't be the issue because I can run SSB Offline at basically 60 FPS. And my Internet Connection is Cable and I download files at 500kbps+.

Only thing I have different from the guide is that I use 512x384 Screen Resolution. Which is lower than the one used in the guide. But, smaller Screen Resolution shouldn't cause any problems. >_> Oh and my Ping in Emularena is 78 Ping.

Anyone know what my problem is? I get comments that I lag a lot :O. If you could help me, please reply or contact me on AIM - Undefeated Steel

Thanks!

Ochu

Smash Rookie
Hi guys, i am getting the error that says that i don't have the ROM. I have "Super Smash Bros. (U) [!].v64", do i need a different version or something? Thanks.

-Ochu

Ochu

Smash Rookie
It only says it online. Does anyone know the most popular version that most people use?
Thanks.

-Ochu

Ochu

Smash Rookie
Hmm at first i used the directory of the folder that the rom was in and it didn't work, so i made a copy of the rom and put it on the desktop and used that as a directory and it works now. Thanks for the help.

-Ochu

PwnYouBoomerangStyle

Smash Cadet
When I go to play online immediately it says "error requesting server list"... Even trying to enter a specific IP doesn't work. Any help?

SmashThugZ

Smash Journeyman
it is possible to Enter IP
If you can't press anything, keep pressing tab until you get to the Stop button and press enter
click on the Enter IP button, and input this IP: 69.90.34.110:27888

PwnYouBoomerangStyle

Smash Cadet
It's still not working, I tried that IP and the IP from the guide (Not sure if they are the same one or what, too lazy to go back and look) It just says that it's connecting yet never does, I left it there for like 15 mins praying it would go through... :urg:

PwnYouBoomerangStyle

Smash Cadet
I don't think it's a net problem, it's as soon as I open Kaillera that it says "error requesting blah blah"

Game works fine offline, I had to replace Jabo_Direct3D7 so that the gfx would work/for some reason the entire PJ64 would crash if I didn't.

SmashThugZ

Smash Journeyman
if you can't connect to the server, it's probably a firewall or port problem your internet is having
are you in a university or something?

kuenzel

Smash Ace
I get this error code offline (Start Net-Play button is not active for some reason) I get this error message after a while saying "Access violation- While proccessing graphics data an exception occured. You may want to restart the emulator" Is this because of the Graphics plugin i repaced the original one with at the website?

Edit: Oh, to get online, do i have to download something w/ kaillera?
2nd Edit: nvm, some1 have the IP for the smash bros servers?

epidiOn

Smash Cadet
Vista Help

Hey, thanks so much for the tutorial and write-up, along with the great community you have here. I hope to be a part of it quickly.

But I can't be a part of this community unless I can get this to work, and I was just wondering if anybody knows how to play PJ64k with Windows Vista. I'm running Vista Ultimate on my new(ish) laptop and I'm able to play Smash Bros. fine using PJ64v1.6, but not so with the version linked to in the tutorial. Has there been a Vista friendly update to PJ64k, or is it just not going to work playing Vista online?

I read on the NEMU website that it supports netplay. Has anybody tried it? Can it play SSB with people using PJ64k?

Thanks a lot for any help you can offer, and sorry for bumping an old thread!

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Greetings and welcome to the forums.
Have you tried Mupen64? Some people are converting I hear. It's a decent emulator, though still in its early stages.
As for PJ64k...as some more knowledgeable people...heh.
On a side note, I think ant-d uses Vista, but I'm not sure if he uses PJ64k or not.

epidiOn

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the input. I just tried Mupen64 according to your suggestion, but whenever I try to open a ROM it gives me an error message saying "Error creating Direc3D Drive" and crashes.

I'm open to any suggestions, any emulators and any fixes!

EDIT: Oh by the way, I tried Nemu, but the graphics were pretty messed up. Hyrule's buildings didn't look right and parts of the characters didn't either.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Hah, the opening screen doesn't work right for me. However, if you can get online and play, then that should be fine...hopefully. I once saw Isai try to get people on Nemu...I'm not sure how serious he was about it.
IM me if you even want to try Nemu, I'm generally free weekends...hopefully weekdays with summer if my internship doesn't get in the way too much.

epidiOn

Smash Cadet
Forgot to mention that the up button on my keyboard didn't seem to work on Nemu as well. The C-buttons worked, but up didn't.
Also, does anyone know if adaptoids or PSX adapters would work on Vista?

Note: When trying PJ64k with another ROM (StarCraft 64) it loads up a screen saying "You can use this with a rumble pak!" before getting a "PJ64k" has encountered an error.

EDIT: ant-d helped me out with video plugins. Thanks antd!

infernovia

Smash Ace
I am having the same trouble as the guy earlier. I downloaded the latest Kaillera or whatever and its still not connecting to any server.

Top Bottom