• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Complete roster revealed? It was true!!!! (Except for Falcon/Olimar swap)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shuma

Smash Hero
THE 44 ROSTER PIC IS FAKE!!! MANY OF THE PICTURES ARE ART OF OTHER GAMES AND ASHLEY IS DECONFIRMED!.

*Youko-edited for brevity*

Zevox

Smash Lord
Wow, this picture is 44 characters, and characters EVERYONE would be happy with... with some left over.

Not really. And in any event, its a terribly obvious fake - the Marth image is from Fire Emblem DS, the Micaiah image is 2D art from Radiant Dawn, the Krystal and Wolf images are from Assault, the Mewtwo image is 2D artwork, the Toon Link image is 2D artwork, the Ashley image is 2D artwork, it has Ashley as PC... do I really need to go on?

Zevox

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
No Isaac, but that 44 roster is a pretty awesome roster... Micaiah is in it! And MEWTWO!

I don't think it's any more believably though...

And besides, the IMAGE is CLEARLY fake. That's not the point though is it? It could just be a mock up of the "real thing".

Back to the original 35 roster, I think ROB is the key to debunking this.

First of all,

- WHICH ROB IS IT?

This question is so unanswered. If it's NES ROB, he has a chance, but ROB64 has been "disconfirmed" because of where you get his trophy. So if it IS NES ROB...

- WHY is he in StarFox's column? And if it's not "exclusively" Star Fox's column, then why is he in such a random place? Wouldn't he be placed closer to Mr G&W? Or the other WTF character/3rd party characters?

Just a theory... I'm too weak willed to keep believing it's fake... I don't want to be disappointed by seeing an original moveset gone forever, and only 3 more newcomers...

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
In response to the "maybe the random button is really clear not black and it's black because of the background", Here is the other picture that came with the Snake picture:

Black Random Button

Something somebody PM'd me which is interesting.
I came across an interesting statement Sakurai made in an interview regarding The Subspace Emissary.

Sakurai: "I had envisioned a more serious tone for the story. Something with some misfortune like a single character escaping total annihilation of his squadron and then fighting back while rounding up his allies."

Sounds interesting don't you think? Could it be a ROB squadron is annihilated with only 1 ROB surviving, the one which you unlock? I think this further supports the 35 character roster theory. It also thwarts the ROB is a generic enemy arguement.

The interview can be found at http://us.wii.com/iwata_asks/ssbb/vol4_page2.jsp
I still believe if Sakurai wants ROB in, he'll put ROB in. And again, it's not uncommon for video enemies to be unlocked

And yeah, the 44roster is fake. Ashely was disconfirmed and the Zelda/Shiek picture is wrong.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Young link?
Why the heck would they refer to WW Link as Young link?

I know it s a bit nit picky but why refer to a completely separate Link as young link?
You would only say that if both Link's were from the same universe as was the case in SSBM.
Toon Link also seems a bit odd since to my knowledge, he is never referred to as toon link either.

ROB? Not too sure. As it was pointed out lesser enemies have been available for play but it just seems odd that this would occur especially since from past games, the lesser enemies tended to be the type with one attack and nothing extraordinary.

8shrugs*

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Well... I can't imagine what they'd call Cel Link. Young Link is arguably the best choice, although they're clearly not the same Link.

I stand by my 6 year old point that they got the names wrong in Melee. Young Link = Link, and Link = Adult Link.

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
R.O.B. could very well be in. It sounds counter-intuitive but not as counterintuitive as the 64 one. Also, that 44-roster is so fake it made me fall of my chair.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Well... I can't imagine what they'd call Cel Link. Young Link is arguably the best choice, although they're clearly not the same Link.

I stand by my 6 year old point that they got the names wrong in Melee. Young Link = Link, and Link = Adult Link.

Well typically they were going to refer to adult Link as regular Link seeing as he is the form we rexognize him best in.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Well typically they were going to refer to adult Link as regular Link seeing as he is the form we rexognize him best in.
I don't see why though :-/

Adult Link = 2 Zelda games.

Young Link = All of them - 1 :S

EDIT: Adult Link has been in less Zelda games than Vaati. o.0;

Shuma

Smash Hero
Well, Twilight Princess Link isn't really an adult, yet in Brawl, he looks like an adult.

Edit:

Now that Sakurai is adding so many Links, we should add Ocarina of time's link, Twilight Princess version. That would be better than Toon Link in my opinion.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
True, isn't he only 16? (Which is actually only 1 year or so older than the Link from MM)

EDIT: Link is an adult in Zelda II? I didn't know that before. :confused:

susu_atari

Smash Ace
To be honest this roster, for me, only really has one REAL problem, which is the choice of Starfox characters. I'm not really too bothered about Starfox, but I can't imagine them making different movesets for Fox, Falco AND Wolf. Maybe if it was Fox, Krystal and Wolf, or Fox, Falco and Krystal...

I mean... what would their movesets be? Especially if there are no clones, as well...

Shuma

Smash Hero
I still say we should add Link from Ocarina of time with his Twilight Princess look. The more links the better, right?

Finn Macool

Smash Apprentice
why all the ROB hate, why?
and just cause hes an enemy and a coin launcher doesnt deconfirm him

Yukichu

Smash Apprentice
We need the Zelda cartoon Link and CD-i Link.

I can't wait to bomb some Primids!

Well, excuuuuuuuuuuse me Princess.

ndm508

Smash Journeyman
Yukichu, I had that all good and repressed in my memories until you did that.

Thanks so much. I'm going to assume the fetal position and cry now.

Smile Guy

Smash Apprentice
Anyone else just really want a newcomer to be announced that proves this roster wrong?

I know it's been gone over time and time again but 35 characters is too small a roster. The cynics that make up Smashboards all seem to want to be believe it because they're sadistic nutjobs (I mean that in a good way of course...) but it just don't seem right.

We've had a confirmed starting roster of this:

1. Mario
2. Bowser
3. Peach
4. Donkey Kong
5. Diddy Kong
6. Yoshi
7. Wario
8. Link
9. Zelda/Sheik
10. Kirby
11. Meta Knight
12. King Dedede
13. Pikachu
14. Pokemon Trainer
15. Fox
16. Samus/Zero Suit Samus
17. Ike
18. Lucas
19. Pikmin & Olimar
20. Ice Climbers
21. Pit

... which is a huuuuuge starting roster really. Sakurai has said from the beginning and right up to these Iwata Asks interviews that he has made this game like his last Smash game and therefore stuffed with gaming glory. Kirby representation has been tripled people. More and more unique fascinating characters are cropping their heads up.

But suddenly a theory has cropped up out of no where and people are taking it like the word of God (alternatively, for atheists, like the word of, erm, err, what do you believe again?) and running around with "the end is nigh!" posters around their chest and crumpled up aluminium foil hats on their heads.

35 = WRONG. The theory is wrong.
2 3rd parties = WRONG. The theory is wrong.
R.O.B = a cool idea so get over it, hope that you're part of the correct side of this WRONG theory.
Geno = IN.
Ridley = IN.

Get over it cynics and naysayers. And try and think a little bit more positively, yeah?

JJJ.Brawler

Smash Ace
Anyone else just really want a newcomer to be announced that proves this roster wrong?

I know it's been gone over time and time again but 35 characters is too small a roster. The cynics that make up Smashboards all seem to want to be believe it because they're sadistic nutjobs (I mean that in a good way of course...) but it just don't seem right.

We've had a confirmed starting roster of this:

1. Mario
2. Bowser
3. Peach
4. Donkey Kong
5. Diddy Kong
6. Yoshi
7. Wario
8. Link
9. Zelda/Sheik
10. Kirby
11. Meta Knight
12. King Dedede
13. Pikachu
14. Pokemon Trainer
15. Fox
16. Samus/Zero Suit Samus
17. Ike
18. Lucas
19. Pikmin & Olimar
20. Ice Climbers
21. Pit

... which is a huuuuuge starting roster really. Sakurai has said from the beginning and right up to these Iwata Asks interviews that he has made this game like his last Smash game and therefore stuffed with gaming glory. Kirby representation has been tripled people. More and more unique fascinating characters are cropping their heads up.

But suddenly a theory has cropped up out of no where and people are taking it like the word of God (alternatively, for atheists, like the word of, erm, err, what do you believe again?) and running around with "the end is nigh!" posters around their chest and crumpled up aluminium foil hats on their heads.

35 = WRONG. The theory is wrong.
2 3rd parties = WRONG. The theory is wrong.
R.O.B = a cool idea so get over it, hope that you're part of the correct side of this WRONG theory.
Geno = IN.
Ridley = IN.

Get over it cynics and naysayers. And try and think a little bit more positively, yeah?

I really, really, really hope you're right. But.....JUST WAIT ABOUT 3-7 MORE DAYS AND YOU WILL KNOW, WOW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom