• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Conduit 2

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
System: Wii
Release Date: TBA/ Fall 2010
Publisher: SEGA
Developer: High Voltage Software

http://ca.kotaku.com/5505565/yes-there-is-a-conduit-2
http://conduitnetwork.webs.com/apps/blog/show/3295412-conduit-2-first-details-

The new Nintendo Power has info on Conduit 2, sequel to the moderately successful The Conduit. The issue contains info answering some complaints to the original game.

- Set in Atlantis

- Other locations include Siberia, Agartha, Washington D.C.
- Team is focusing on art/story

- New gameplay types for online

- Bounty Hunter mode returning

- Different character classes, each has unique attributes

- Can unlock suit upgrades (ex: robotic legs that let you sprint farther)

- WiiSpeak support

- High Voltage, for now, has decided “to have one primary suit slot and two secondary slots where you can equip upgrades, but that may change in the final game.”

- Will be able to change character’s appearance

- 2-4 player splitscreen option for all competitive

- Co-op Invasion mode: Up to 4 players (online or local), has unique challenges

- New weapons: Vortex Cannon and Phase Rifle

- Vortex Cannon: Sends bullets back at enemies with a more powerful force

- Phase Rifle: Shoot through walls

- Old weapons will be returning

- Some old weapons are seeing a face lift

- About 7 new weapons

- Big boss battles

- ASE also returning

- ASE used for more things other than puzzles (can do a lot of scanning, which is recorded)

- Can use TPC ammo as mines

- SEGA publishing again

- No release date

- Team says the first game had the player doing “the same thing over and over and over again”

- Want to do more with level design, game play design

- Embracing sci-fi element
- Game starts off with thunder, torrential downpour, you’re in a huge oil derrick in the middle of an ocean

- Picks up immediately after the original when you enter the portal

- Not sure where you are when you enter the portal and land in the ocean

- Derrick’s occupants begin to shoot at you

- Game will have some “big vistas and multi-tiered areas”

- Multiple paths, team wants the game “to feel bigger and give players the sense that there’s more going on”
- Sea serpent attacks the facility
- “Having those types of ‘wow’ moments is really important”

- Quantum 3 engine still being refined
- Ford continues to go through the oil derrick, fights with the leviathan one-on-one

- Have to use one of the derrick’s mounted defence targets since normal weapons won’t work

- Serpent targets you and generator that powers the turrets

- Need to find the serpent’s weak points, stun him, then impale him with a harpoon from a turret

- Game has an airborne chase scene, take control of a ship’s rear gun emplacement, shoot pursuers (one enemy type is jet pack-equipped soldiers)
- More NPCs, Ford can interact with them
- There are other aliens besides Adams around the world who control territories

- Adams has been particularly successful, wants to take over the world

- Ford needs to get the help of the other aliens

- Atlantis is the hub, portals to other areas are there

- Some freedom in terms of which stage you’ll take on next
- One mission has you going to Washington DC, need to recover important artifact from the Smithsonian

- More alien growth in the city than in the first game, Drudge and Trust still fighting there
- “AI vs. AI vs. player now”

- Will happen upon fights already taking place

- “The AI in particular has been a big focus for us. We really want the enemies to come across as intelligent. In the first game, they just sit there waiting for you to show up. This time, we want it to feel like a living environment, like everyone was doing something before you got there.”

- Interactive elements in the environment (stuff moves, objects break, enemy knocks over soda machine for cover)

- Wider variety of hostiles, some specific to a location
- Atlantis: 30-foot-tall Guardians

- Siberia: Robotic wolves

- Differences between human soldiers, can carry any weapon (affects AI)

- SEGA/High Voltage will be holding a contest: Can get your name/face on a Missing Person flier or a Wanted poster

- 18 firearms from the original

- Have to tune the Phase Rifle by twisting Wiimote

- Deployable Turret: Set it down, control it with handheld display, can pull the trigger and have it autoaim or target manually

- Regarding the AsE: “…more puzzles and hacking minigames. It’s also abit more of a detective tool now, we’re trying to put a lot more conspiracy objects and secrets in the environments to give you more reasons to use the ASE. Once you’ve scanned an object, you’ll be able to learn more about it in the game’s new data log. So it really plays into us trying to tell a deeper story.”
- ASE tied to Atlantis

- Using the ASE, can have a bit of control over the Guardians

- 12 players online
Though High Voltage isn't ready to spill the beans about specific[online] modes just yet, the studio promises a bevy of new gameplay types, as well as the return of the first game's innovative Bounty Hunter mode.

As you might expect, weapons like the Vortex Cannon will add a few wrinkles to online competition, as will the introductionof different character classes, each with unique attributes. You'll also be able to unlock suit upgrades that bestow your character with special skills; robotic legs, for example, will let you sprint greater distances."

"Right now, the plan is to have one primary suit slot and two secondary slots where you can equip upgrades, but that may change in the final game. From a purely cosmetic standpoint, you'll have tons of options to change your character's appearance using the same modular system the team uses to diversify enemies. For those who prefer to keep their gunfights local, Conduit 2 will feature a two-to four-player splitscreen option for all of the game's competitive modes.

And when you want to take a break from blasting your friends and loved ones, you can team up with them in the new co-op Invasion mode. Up to four players can join forces (either via splitscreen or online), and the challenges they'll face are unique to this mode. Further details remain under wraps, but we always welcome the chance to eradicate some alien scum with our fellow humans."
Now, High Voltage, like DICE, has the uncanny ability to make me hyped up for their FPS games. If the new trailer for the Wii version of the Grinder is any indication, Conduit 2 will have a nice graphical upgrade.

It's fall release is making a very bold move. It's going up against 2 life long rivals, Medal of Honor and Call of Duty. HVS must have some confidence in their game to make such a risky move. I honestly think that they can pull it off this time.

This comes out tomorrow, so I'm bumping this, since we kinda had a decent group of guys playing the first one. The Bureau will make a comeback! I'm going to talk to M3D and such and see if we can get something going on Gamebattles. Who is all buying this?

D

Deleted member

The Conduit was an solid FPS game. Given what they are doing with the Wii version of The Grinder, I am phsyced for the sequel. I will be buying this, count on that.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Yay, 2 good looking FPS games for the Wii. If I didn't get an Xbox, this would be my only hope. Still, I am getting them (even if the Grinder is a L4D rip off)

Dodongo

rly likes smoke
BRoomer
The original Conduit was flawed in a lot of ways, but the online was really fun (before there were so many hackers) and the controls were great. I'm definitely down for a sequel, especially if they can make all of those improvements.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
The original Conduit was flawed in a lot of ways, but the online was really fun (before there were so many hackers) and the controls were great. I'm definitely down for a sequel, especially if they can make all of those improvements.
People hack on the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection? :(

Dodongo

rly likes smoke
BRoomer
Yeah, especially in The Conduit these days. Modern Warfare: Reflex has a little bit of it too, but it's generally less common there.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer

Yeah, multiplayer was great. I miss The Bureau... :(

If the singleplayer is improved, this is gonna be a must-buy.

S

smash brawl player 99021

I wonder if I buy this, I won't end up trading it in within 5 days of buying it :mad:

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
The bureau needs to make a revival. I thought the multiplayer was fun. I did like that there was some actual tech skill to this shooter. I heard that the shotgun cancelling glitch was banned on gamebattles.

Hopefully the conduit 2 is a big improvement.

CaptainOlimar123

Smash Journeyman
The Conduit's single player is lame in my opinion. But the multiplayer is soooo good. I hope the sequel will be better and make the Xbox360 fanboys stfu about "the games for the wii being for babies"

S

smash brawl player 99021

The Conduit's single player is lame in my opinion. But the multiplayer is soooo good. I hope the sequel will be better and make the Xbox360 fanboys stfu about "the games for the wii being for babies"
I got this game for the Wii, and I consider myself a 360 fanboy. I thought of it as a sort of "Knock Off" of Halo. And that's not a bad thing either.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
I'm very excited about this game. First one had great multiplayer, and I'm already sold on this game. It's the first game I wanna get when it comes out. By the way, if anyone's interested, my username's Prime for multiplayer, if anyone's played me or wants to. I'll give you my FC if you want it, just ask...

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I really enjoyed the first game, especially online. I hope tB reunites, that was fun.

I'll probably get this. Local multiplayer makes me =D
tB better reunite.

Anyway, I just got my newest issue of Nintendo Power. The art style for this game looks a lot better than the previous one, and the story seems like it might be interesting too.

D

Deleted member

Oh yea, TB has to make a comeback alright. Hopefully Wii speak is used better in this one.
At this rate, there is no excuse to improve on Wii Speak. The fact that Monster Hunter Tri let's you communicate with everyone should leave rooms for improvement.

Blaziking17

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RobeezyLnP
3DS FC
1547-5531-6535
I got this game for the Wii, and I consider myself a 360 fanboy. I thought of it as a sort of "Knock Off" of Halo. And that's not a bad thing either.
I think Conduit 2 is more similar to Call of Duty because of the perks and the ability to dash and internal dialogue. (Besides the woman's voice. Some of it's pretty funny, actually) The only reason it's compared to Halo is because of the Sci-Fi weapons and the environment Conduit 2 displays in the campaign plot and the multiplayer aspects.
It's been delayed again. :(

April 19th is just too far away.
http://wii.ign.com/articles/114/1146589p1.html
I feel the same way. Just think, if it was on target with the original release date, then we'd all be playing right now. (I would, anyway)

Idk if anyone has seen the Multiplayer action vids from NintendoWorldReport, but geez, it was horrible watching them. Not sure if they were noobs or whatever, but I know for a fact no one that at least has played Conduit online before will play like that. I hope that there will be volume controls for internal dialogue and for the headset too. As far as the maps they showed in multiplayer, they look great; I love the verticality on some of them like Precipice.

I can't play The Conduit for a long time like I used to. After achieving the black eye rank, it's getting boring with constant map and weapon glitching. April can't come soon enough.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I just can't play TC online because of hacking. I'm not even that high of a rank because of how little I've played public, hack-friendly matches.

The Bureau needs to make a comeback for this game.

Blaziking17

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RobeezyLnP
3DS FC
1547-5531-6535
Yeah, hackers never die. It pisses me off so much, more than map glitchers on Streets! Thank God for a patching system for C2. Hopefully, this game sells as much as Black Ops. HVS has said that if C2 generates a lot of sales, there may be some downloadable content in the works. :colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful:

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
My brother bought this, and is letting me play it.

Reactions:

Initially, this game was a disappointment. The visual downgrade was an immediate turnoff. (although I do play melee over brawl, so it's not THAT big of a deal) After playing about 4 hours, I think it's too early for me to say whether I think this game will be overall better or worse than the first. I think if it were much better, I'd know by now. I might join up with tB again, since I'm not working too much this summer. The multiplayer could be really good, but no one has anything unlocked right now, so we'll see if balance issues arise. I'm able to consistently be top 2-3 (often 1st) with the standard kits they give you, after the first couple of hours to get used to the control scheme. But the weapons/upgrades/armor do make a significant difference. And of course, there is sooo much content I haven't unlocked yet, this game could be really rewarding once people's classes really flesh out. The maps are interesting, very multi-leveled and sanctum and streets have returned. idk how I like the new maps yet, again, I don't want to be hasty to praise or condemn this game. I almost always seem to find myself in a sniping or close quarters combat situation, rarely any middle ground. I haven't tried out hardcore mode either, because locking on is even more broken in this game than the first one imo.

I want to see where this game is in 2-3 months before I pass judgement. In that time they could make servers better (they are still pretty bad), and the online metagame could be very interesting... or it could be bad. I guess we'll see.

EDIT/update: My opinion of this game is improving. I've been forced to play this game since the psn is down. (:() I'm having less server errors and the class customization is fun. Also teabagging>melee double tap feels surprisingly rewarding. :D

EDIT/update2: I like this game now. It is fun. I think it is better than conduit 1 at this point. Class building is very rewarding and makes you dominant. I like the new maps. The online gameplay is much less campy and defensive (even on normal core!) than the first one was. I'll definitely want to join up with The Bureau once finals are over (2 weeks for me)

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I just got this yesterday and started playing it today. Prometheus doesn't sound anything like he used to, but I think his new voice is more fitting. Ford sounds like a total tool, though. It's grating on my nerves. I love the diversity in the environments so far.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Yeah, I heard some of Ford's lines, and was like "What?!? Why would you say that???" And they do send you all over the place, even in side missions. (if you can find them ;) ) Story mode will also hook you up with a fair amount of weapons/perks/credits for multiplayer mode if that's your thing.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I never really bothered with the multiplayer in the first game. I might change my mind this time around.

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
Just rented the game since my Wal-Mart didn't have the game, and GameStop was closed on Easter. Will be buying it tomorrow or Tuesday, will post FC when I get it.

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
You all need to play multiplayer! We gotta get a group together. Post your FC's

1549-5669-1123 = mine.

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
Question for the Multiplayer, when I first started playing, I've noticed that the speed I'm moving at is super slow? Is it cause i just started out and it gets faster? I can barely even jump at this point. Way slower than the first one.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Question for the Multiplayer, when I first started playing, I've noticed that the speed I'm moving at is super slow? Is it cause i just started out and it gets faster? I can barely even jump at this point. Way slower than the first one.
There are perks for unlimited sprint and faster movement speed. Unlimited sprint you can just buy. The faster movement speed you need to capture 25 ASEs in matchmaking to unlock for purchase.

Also, you sprint by holding the crouch button while moving. I didn't know if you knew that. This game would seem very slow if you couldn't sprint.

I'll post my FC later today, I've got to get to work for now.

EDIT: This might be an interesting read to those who haven't played much yet. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/991817-conduit-2/58925273

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
One of the things I like about this game is that High Voltage Software is actually able to patch it to fix glitches, which is rare, if not unheard of among Wii games. I'm looking forward to a smooth multiplayer experience. My friend code is 3868-8510-3562.

I'm a bit disappointed in the campaign, though. While the overall variety is a lot greater this time around, I liked the story better when it actually took itself seriously.

Engel

Smash Journeyman
3782-9470-2105

mixed impressions so far, gotta get used to all the changes. Probably didn't help that my first game was against all high level guys including one level 60 >_> we need to get some friendly private matches going like the old days

link to the old tB forums/xat for setting up games again: http://z3.invisionfree.com/The_Conduit/index.php?act=idx

Top Bottom