• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
McFox said:
Sakurai has gone on record that, QUOTE, "Some characters will not be returning. Definitely."

Can I start mocking you now, or do I have to wait until 2007?
Oh please do it now. I cant wait till 2007.

Even though we all hate it some characters will be cut. Hopefully their sacrifice wont be in vain and we will see one hell of a game come 2007.

They have a lot of work to do. Online play is somthing completely new to smach and will prove to be the hardest obstacle to tackle. On top of that, they are expected to have a massive amount of newer characters and stages by..well...us. So some sacrifices may be made for the greater good. They have a lot of food on their plate to choke down this time.
I sure hope they comfirm more characters soon. More importantly, i hope they comfirm the cuts.

blerb

Smash Journeyman
hmmm... i don't think missingno would be in it. because it's a fooking block. like "OmG!1one miising0 is ComiNg ovr hur!" i'm not trying to offend anyone or anything, but what would he do, freeze the game?

EDIT:

here is a good way to tell the difference between a real character sheet, and fake one.
look at the graphics. if they're not the same, don't believe it :)

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Missingno won't be in, he was just a glitch in Red & Blue. Someone just included it on a fake character select screen as a joke. :p

blerb

Smash Journeyman
i knew that mcfox, but that pit and missingno. lover dude was so excited, i'd rather him not flame just because he saw missingno on a fake cs.

Antioch

Smash Journeyman
McFox said:
Sakurai has gone on record that, QUOTE, "Some characters will not be returning. Definitely."

Can I start mocking you now, or do I have to wait until 2007?
harpwned through the chest.

RiztiK

Smash Rookie
i was just wondering if all the characters shown on the brawl video were confirmed then whats up with the nintendogs they were on the video i would think they would be like the ice-climbers if they were but there was only 1 on the video soo.. and if this was already covered in a previous post im sorry

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Yes, all of the characters in the video are confirmed. That's WHY they were in the video, so that Nintendo could unveil some of the new characters.

The Nintendog isn't a character, it's an item. You activate it, and it blocks the screen for a bit.

MeleeMan

Smash Ace
NNID
WilderFTW
3DS FC
2105-9709-5961
Weird... someone posted a link to the Wikipedia SSBB page and I checked it out. For a moment it only had Geno, then I refreshed it and five others were added. On the page were: King K. Rool, Captain Olimar, Geno, Ridley, Ray MK II, and Petey Pirahna. A few minutes later all but Geno were taken down. It said that these characters were confirmed by Nintendo Power and would appear in screenshots in July. I'm not saying any of this is true, or that I even believe it. Just thought I'd put the info out there for anyone who didn't catch it.

*EDIT*
Ok... Geno was taken off the page too, now none of those six characters are on the page.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Yeah I saw it too. The fact that all but Geno were taken down kinds of lends to his credibility at least, but I checked nintendopower.com, nintendo.com, gamespot.com, ign.com, destructoid.com, and 4colorrebellion.com, and none of them has the information. I'm not going to believe any of it until it's posted somewhere else.

*EDIT* Figured he would be eventually if the person posting it couldn't back it up.

OnYourMark

オンヨマク いつも
It just goes to show that Wikipedia cannot be trusted all of the time. Anyone with a membership can post whatever they want, edit the page, whatever. If you don't believe me, good! you're getting the point.

EDIT: Who here thinks that MetaKnight will be a character with low traction on the ground? I think that although he'll be heavy, he will also be wearing shoes with little grip... I also hope that Pit won't be one of those high-traction characters, just in case they bring back wavedashing... but Pit looks like the kind of character who would have high-traction with the ground.

EDIT 2- Hey, I told myself that I would NOT post in the BRAWL forum... I want to focus on Melee! I guess I just can't resist.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Well, Wikipedia takes down incorrect information. So things posted on it can be trusted if they stay up for a certain amount of time.

kmkzSP1K3R

Smash Apprentice
i hope they give Kirby a new dashA...cuz his old one is annoying. anyways back to the reason why i was going to post.

I dont know about you guys, but im am quite concerned for Samus. Although i LOVE the idea(and look...sorry to admit) of samus being able to free herself from the suit(cuz a CERTAIN game decided she'll stay in her suit forever...LAME!!!) i feel like they're degrading her because now it's like...whenever anybody see's her they'll think..."oh...she's there for sex appeal"...and...i'd hate for ppl to think of one of our most beloved heroines in such a way. So i drew a picture of her currently but with some sort of a jacket. Im not a rofessional artist so these arent like...professional grade character designs, but you get the idea of what im trying to get at.

here's a link to the full sized drawing
http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/7857/gun503yk.jpg

here's a link to the full sized drawing
http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/1401/sword503yz.jpg

Sorry for the bad coloring, i dont color well. And i dont have a scanner...so i had to use a digicam.

OK so i know she can't wear a jacket inside her suit and the skintight suit IS the most appropriate thing she could wear while inside the chozosuit. BUT!!! now as a character NOT connected to the suit, she doesnt HAVE to wear JUST that....she could wear more...like a light jacket! If the jacket was designed better or more Metroid themed i believe she could still stay true to herself AND rid of unecessary exposure(even tho there's BARELY any skin but you all know what im talking about). Anyways tell me what you guys think.

Mr. Phantasmo

Smash Journeyman
It seems the whole idea in putting Samus in a skin tight outfit is ment to giver her sex appeal, I dont know about anyone else but I still see her has a hard as nails chick who would sooner break my balls than look at me. Also the stereotyped sexy, blond, air head is no longer as common, women especially in video games are now seen as equal to men, if not more. Plus it cant do any harm, look how successful the Dead or Alive franchise is :chuckle:

The_TooCool_Master

Smash Apprentice
Didn't Nintendo Power said they would confirm new characters in July though? Maybe that guy already received his book(subscription) but nobody believes him. I remember what I was a suscriber of Nintendo Powers. I always received my magz weeks before it was supposed to come out(but yeah, I know, that's what they're supposed to do).

Or maybe it was a fake.... :p

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
Mcfox,you may start the ridiculing whenever you want.I was wrong.I still think though with a new system, a larger disk,and more memory,the game could include more characters than it has.

TooCool,nintendo power won't reveal new characters,and if they do,i won't check them.Half the fun of Melee was ruined becuase i already knew all the characters.

Gugeno

Smash Rookie
First off I doubt characters that were both in the first and second game will be replaced. In my opinion Dr. Mario, Pichu and Game and watch will be taken out. I'm not trolling, No, but they are characters that arent really a staple in nintendo, or as a series as a whole. Young Link, while a clone, is the TRUE link, so i doubt he'd be taken out.

Zeklan

Smash Cadet
The only two clones I'd be sad to see go are Falco and Ganondorf.
I'd hate to lose Falco as he is my main and Ganondorf is just plain cool.
However, if they have to take them out in order to add fresh new characters
I won't complain.
It would suck, but I'm paying for a new game.
I want more than just the same characters with a few others tossed in.
I want new faces that add more to the game.
If nothing else, I can always just play Melee again to use Falco.

No offense to anyone who uses the other clones.
To quote someone on another forum:
This is only my opinion, I may be wrong.

JPW

Smash Ace
I thought we were going to see non stop clones in SSBB. I mean Ninty has had a lot of other characters created in the last few years.

Daisy - Peach Clone
Waluigi - Luigi Clone
Wario - Mario Clone, but now he's earnt his right on his own.
Baby Bowser - Bowser clone, though not too much if you ask me. Whatever happened to his kids, they were great. And at least they were comical with the wands, I used to love seeing the kings and what they were in SMB3.
Falco - Fox clone, he and fox came about the same time though, and Falco is apparently faster.
Gannondorf - Falcon Clone. What do Falcon and Gannondorf have in common, why was it made for Gannondorf to even be a clone of Falcon. At least the others had some sort of relationship, but Falcon and Gannondorf. Gannondorf should of had a more distinct moves list in my view.
Roy - Marth Clone. I prefer Marth.
Pichu - Pikachu Clone
Diddy Kong - Donkey Kong clone, let's face it, only smaller in size.
Megaman Zero - Original Megaman. I kind of got lost with Megaman after Megaman 3. So i'm not too sure what i'm saying here.
Young Link - A Link Clone in the end, except Young link has a boomerang instead of a bow.

I would love to see Boo have some involvement in this game, maybe not a character, but an item or an event match, or even for Bowser stage in Adventure Mode.
I would also like to see Toad make a return as Peach's shield, for comical relief.
So funny some of the screenshots we caught, you see Toads face, and you can't stop but laugh, and kind of feel sorry for him.

Sensai

Smash Master
McFox's Dead Body said:
Excellent.

I would assume that he's referring to clones, and only the very literal clones or just the plain ****ty ones (Doc, Pichu).

Wikipedia gets vandalised (spelling) all the time. Anyone can do it, and it takes about 5 minutes to do a GREAT job. Trusting Wikipedia for things as important as Smash is near blasphemy.

I highly doubt that Falco or Ganondorf will be removed, as they are very different. The Dorf will stay for sure, as he's a very important character in the Zelda games.

I really hope that the Adventure Mode'll be spiced up a bit. Wouldn't it be neat if everyone had their own unique Adventure?

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Well, Sakurai said that a more robust 1 player mode was something he wanted to work on, but in their "rush" to get Melee out, he wasn't able to do everything he wanted. So I think the 1 player modes in Brawl will be much better than they are even in Melee.

jpwalker123

Smash Apprentice
I like most of the confirmed characters, except for two. I dont like Wario although i knew he was going to be in it but he looks like he will be a joke and thats dumb. I also dont like how snake is in there. I never really liked the games he came from and so i dont like him and he also doesnt really fit in with everyone else in the Brawl scene.

The_TooCool_Master

Smash Apprentice
McFox's Dead Body said:
Well, Sakurai said that a more robust 1 player mode was something he wanted to work on, but in their "rush" to get Melee out, he wasn't able to do everything he wanted. So I think the 1 player modes in Brawl will be much better than they are even in Melee.
The best 1 player mode would be a character-specific "Brawl Champion" mode where every character would take a different path to win the tournament. A mix of Adventure and Arcade with cut-scenes and endings. That would be great.

Sensai

Smash Master
The_TooCool_Master said:
The best 1 player mode would be a character-specific "Brawl Champion" mode where every character would take a different path to win the tournament. A mix of Adventure and Arcade with cut-scenes and endings. That would be great.
I myself am not so keen on cut-scenes, but different endings would be nice.

I.E., Samus has to beat up Ridley (assuming that Rid's in the game), and Mario/Luigi would have to rescuse Peach.

I'm probably hoping for too much, but hey, I can hope.

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
S2B2
asianpride3491 said:
Cut scenes make S2B2 too story. Open Ended fighting is fun enough.
Besides, imagine all the voice actors they would need for the Japanese and English versions. If all 25-35 characrers had their own special cut scenes for their adventure.

Its good to see more people saying S2B2 . Im not sure who was the first one to say it, but i like it a lot.

asianpride3491

Smash Ace
Vulpine51 said:
S2B2

Its good to see more people saying S2B2 . Im not sure who was the first one to say it, but i like it a lot.
Yep, im starting to get into the habit, SSBB just sounded kind of awkward, so word up to whoever originated that. Also, yep to the rest of your post (some predict 40-50, but i think they wont do that, although i would hope they do)

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Meh, expecting at most 5 new characters in additions to the Trailer Newcomers.

The same thing is happening with Brawl that happened with Melee. The Melee E3 trailer showed 5 new characters [albeit a much less cool way] and then the only "new" or "unlockable" characters we got [not including clones] were like 5: G&W, Mewtwo, Jiggs?, Marth(Roy by my book), Luigi?.

Although Melee was rushed, which is why Ganondorf doesn't count bcuz he was made a clone last second...but I'm expecting the same numbers for Brawl as Melee.

That was my one [main] disappointment with Melee...they gave us way too many new characters off the bat...wasn't too much to work for.

Also, even if they're done and they added 30 new characters from Kalas down to Geno...they should put clones in purposely. I like being able to choose between 2 different stat charts for the "same" character. Which makes the playstyle different with your same favorite B moves.
Go Waluigi! [Wario clone]
Go Blood Falcon! [Cpt.Falcon clone done right]
Go Liquid Snake! [Snake clone]
Go "some-other-nosuitsamus"! (don't really follow that story) [ZSSamus clone]

Antioch

Smash Journeyman
http://www.smashbros.com/en/characters/index.html

site has been updated.

zamus is to be revealed under "certain conditions".

Kabyk said:
Also, even if they're done and they added 30 new characters from Kalas down to Geno...they should put clones in purposely. I like being able to choose between 2 different stat charts for the "same" character. Which makes the playstyle different with your same favorite B moves.
Go Waluigi! [Wario clone]
Go Blood Falcon! [Cpt.Falcon clone done right]
Go Liquid Snake! [Snake clone]
Go "some-other-nosuitsamus"! (don't really follow that story) [ZSSamus clone]
kalas?
who said anything about kalas? o_O;
and they SHOULDN'T put clones in purposely.
waluigi is a nobody, he should not be in the game.
blood falcon is a carbon-copy, and we do not need another unoriginal character like doc mario when we could have someone like samurai goroh.
liquid snake is worthless.
we have snake, let's leave it at that.
if konami were to want another character, it'd be someone from the castlevania series.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
I was just giving examples....All I was saying was, at the last minute to add clones just like in Melee. But only if it is spare time [or as close to spare as one can get working on such an epic as Brawl] because I think they add a dimension (albeit a tiny one) but a dimension nonetheless that only helps and not hinders the greatness of Smash.

asianpride3491

Smash Ace
I for one would be overjoyed at the prospect of 45-50, but even f that were to happen, it would be disheartening to know that there will be less additions to #4 because there were so many additions to S2B2. All in all, i think an approx. 15 character addition per game is nice.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
As an aside, I refuse to type "S2B2," since it isn't shorter, and in fact it's actually more difficult to type, since instead of pressing the key your finger is already one twice, you've got to reach up for the "2."

Sensai

Smash Master
McFox said:
As an aside, I refuse to type "S2B2," since it isn't shorter, and in fact it's actually more difficult to type, since instead of pressing the key your finger is already one twice, you've got to reach up for the "2."
The night the trailer came out, I said S squared B squared to my friends, and wrote it S2B2.

Then, I looked at it, realized it was harder to type, and slapped myself until I died for such a dumb idea. I'm currently bleeding on my keyboard, call an ambulance.

On that site, Antioch, it also says:

And don't worry—you'll still be able to play as standard Samus, too.
So, there ya go. If you haven't already, add it to the confirmed characters.

[Edit:]

Wow, I'm 10 days behind. Nevermind then.

/sigh

kmkzSP1K3R

Smash Apprentice
"under certain conditions." those words strike fear in my soul! this worries me. it mames me think more and more that Zamus will be accessible ONLY buy transformation/after super move. it's also stated that "This isn't a pure character addition." i think i am going to cry. nooooo.....

Mr. Phantasmo

Smash Journeyman
All I want with Zamus is to be able to play her as a sperate character, if that means I have to press and hold A befor a match, so be it.

On the bright side I have the option to play as samus while in the middle of a match.
Also the supers might now be a gauge thing and to activate it you need the item, so when your meter is full you have the option to spawn a smash icon but your opponent can also steal it, prerventing you from using it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom