• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Yes, but I was expecting there to be no Brawl info. This was about the Wii, it's features and launch date. Really no reason to put much focus on a game that won't be available for another year. Plus, it has only been four months. I doubt any significant amount of progress has been made.
It doesn't matter that it's only been four months-- I'm pretty sure they have all the characters decided by now.

They're just busy building the actual game. Characters are only a small portion of the overall game.

Nemba

Smash Cadet
I'm not much of a Pokemon fan anymore. My first character used was Pikachu in SSB before I switched to Ness in SSBM. Although, I would actually consider using a pokemon character again if they added Raichu. Think about the power that can be unleashed from him. Anyone agree or disagree? Can anyone think of a movelist? All I can say is a triple thunder would be cool. Raichu's thunder could be considerably strong and rains in two or three different spots, at once, around Raichu- very close to him.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
I'm not much of a Pokemon fan anymore. My first character used was Pikachu in SSB before I switched to Ness in SSBM. Although, I would actually consider using a pokemon character again if they added Raichu. Think about the power that can be unleashed from him. Anyone agree or disagree? Can anyone think of a movelist? All I can say is a triple thunder would be cool. Raichu's thunder could be considerably strong and rains in two or three different spots, at once, around Raichu- very close to him.
no one expects you to read this whole thread, but we already discussed raichu at least once in the past.

for one, according to pokemon, he has to be stronger than pikachu. well unless you evolved him with a thunderstone like in that one earlier episode, he is supposed to be faster as well, making for no equality between the origional(pikachu) and the newcomer(raichu).

second, in brawl they are trying to avoid clones, and wouldnt raichu basically be pikachu? im sure if they gave it some thought, raichu could be a 'luigified' pikachu, but if they add a new pokemon, there are better choices than raichu. and raichu does not compare to the similarity between mario and luigi for one main reason, luigi is so **** important and raichu is not.

icymatt

Smash Lord
It doesn't matter that it's only been four months-- I'm pretty sure they have all the characters decided by now.
They may have a good idea, but considering the amount of time left, it would still be subject to change.

They're just busy building the actual game. Characters are only a small portion of the overall game.
Exactly, let them develop the actual game before they spout anything off.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
i just hope that they dont change TOO much
Sure the game will change, but in a positive direction. Just think of how different melee was from ssb64. That didnt make it bad, just different. You will like brawl no matter what because nintendo is taking special care to make sure the game stays fun, it just might not be what you expected. To this day I am greatful of the changes they made in melee. ssb64 still kicks some serious arse though.

subjugatedcereal

Smash Rookie
Actually, Zero Suit Samus is not a pure character addition, but more of a transformation for Samus under certain conditions.

"This isn't a pure character addition. Rather, under certain conditions, Samus will "remove" her Power Suit. Whoa! That's a woman under there!

Naturally, Zero Suit Samus loses power and stamina, so she should fight using the speed she gains instead.
Also, her gun transforms and can be used as a whip. Of the two, one might consider the whip to be her main weapon.

And don't worry—you'll still be able to play as standard Samus, too."

http://www.smashbros.com/en/characters/chara3/index.html Here's the official link for it, too.

S.P.I.C. TOM

Smash Ace
This might have been asked already but if sonic was in the game alone I think he would suck but if they did a sonic and tails thing like the ice climbers then they would be good. The only way I see sonic by himself if he's super sonic that's how I would see that working.

Any opinions on this

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
This might have been asked already but if sonic was in the game alone I think he would suck but if they did a sonic and tails thing like the ice climbers then they would be good. The only way I see sonic by himself if he's super sonic that's how I would see that working.

Any opinions on this
how would Sonic suck on his own?

PhantomEdge

Smash Journeyman
im so excited about playing all these chracters, but ive decided im going to master meta-knight as asap! i mean did u see him im the video? he was crazy as hell!

Rhyme

Smash Lord
does anyone think that they will fix the 'varying dimensions of characters' thing in brawl?

what I mean is, some attacks in ssb64 the characters sizes of their body would change for the attack. like, when yoshi did his Fsmash his head was now 2x as big as his body. They made some improvements, but there are still things like ness stretching when he midair jumps, mario's fair making his hand bigger, DK's hands increasing in size with a Fsmash etc.

with the addition of Zamus, what does everyone think are the chances that characters like dark samus, ridley, spire, noxus, etc. get into brawl?

do you think that there will be smash b attacks?

icymatt

Smash Lord
does anyone think that they will fix the 'varying dimensions of characters' thing in brawl?

what I mean is, some attacks in ssb64 the characters sizes of their body would change for the attack. like, when yoshi did his Fsmash his head was now 2x as big as his body. They made some improvements, but there are still things like ness stretching when he midair jumps, mario's fair making his hand bigger, DK's hands increasing in size with a Fsmash etc.
Considering that Mario's arms grow to Oranguatang-esque lengths while performing his Super Fire in the trailer, it doesn't look like it. Not that it matters, most of these characters have no reason to be bound by the realism.

with the addition of Zamus, what does everyone think are the chances that characters like dark samus, ridley, spire, noxus, etc. get into brawl?
Ridley? Okay. Everybody else? Not so much.

do you think that there will be smash b attacks?
There might be more attacks modified by smashing the direction, but they likely won't be seperate attacks, as they would be annoyingly in the way.

Now, back to confirmed characters.

kill_shot

Smash Journeyman
when the freakin' heck are we going to know more characters !?!?!?!?!?!
I mean come on how long ago was the last character report?

JPW

Smash Ace

Any opinions on this
There's a whole Sonic thread for this kind of stuff. And that has been debated a thousand times. While old skool tails may be a favourite of mine, for traditional and history making purposes he should not be joined with Sonic.
The dream match of Mario vs Sonic. Would be at a disadvantage, and it wouldn't have the same feel. Because one of them has a handicap. And a character who has really nothing to do with the Sonic legacy anymore.

when the freakin' heck are we going to know more characters !?!?!?!?!?!
I mean come on how long ago was the last character report?
I reckon by the end of this year, we'll probably have the next 10 announced.
my next 10 guesses are.
Originals: DK, Bowser, Gannondorf, Falcon, Luigi,
Newcomers: Ridley, King Deedee, Black Bull, Diddy,
3rd Party Suprise: Geno (i reckon they'll be 4 picks for 3rd parties. No way they'll reveal Sonic or Megaman or whoever, not until we're closer. Hopefully Sonic and Megaman are the other 2.)

I just thought about this also.

With Young Link. Say they choose the Cel Shaded version of Young Link. Will that make Young Link a newcomer or an original?

Rhyme

Smash Lord
I just thought about this also.

With Young Link. Say they choose the Cel Shaded version of Young Link. Will that make Young Link a newcomer or an original?
First, I doubt that they will introduce any other 3rd party characters before the game comes out.

Second, why do they need Y. Link and Cel Shaded version of Y. Link? How different can they be? And since they haven't officially released a design for Y. Link, they could always make one Y. Link with a combination of the movesets.

Third, why is Megaman so great? He basically uses that gun on his arm, like samus. That gun is a source of many long range weapons, and a few melee weapons. Other than that he just runs around, punches, kicks, and snipes. That is basically a shadow of samus or vice versa. If they are not going to be different, than I would rather he not be added, especially considering that Nintendo has many other candidates to choose from. I think they should have 3rd party as Snake(announced not my decision), Sonic(because he would be a fast, fun, combo-ready character, in addition to his importance), and Geno(I never played SMRPG but he looks kick-*** and very unique)

JPW

Smash Ace
First, I doubt that they will introduce any other 3rd party characters before the game comes out.

Second, why do they need Y. Link and Cel Shaded version of Y. Link? How different can they be? And since they haven't officially released a design for Y. Link, they could always make one Y. Link with a combination of the movesets.

Third, why is Megaman so great? He basically uses that gun on his arm, like samus. That gun is a source of many long range weapons, and a few melee weapons. Other than that he just runs around, punches, kicks, and snipes. That is basically a shadow of samus or vice versa. If they are not going to be different, than I would rather he not be added, especially considering that Nintendo has many other candidates to choose from. I think they should have 3rd party as Snake(announced not my decision), Sonic(because he would be a fast, fun, combo-ready character, in addition to his importance), and Geno(I never played SMRPG but he looks kick-*** and very unique)
I'm not saying they would have both versions of Young Link, i'm asking if they change the design of Young Link to his cel shaded style. Would Yg. Link be classified as an original or a newcomer because of his new look? They're just going to have one young link, and I have a feeling we could end up with the cel shaded. After all that seems the way to dignify between the two Links now.

What's so great about Megaman? huh? In today's world and on his popularity I would agree with you there. Megaman has been very disappointing. I wouldn't mind if Megaman made it or not. But he's a better choice then Rayman(who my friend reckons is a better pick) or Pacman. And he actually has history with Ninty. I enjoyed old skool Megaman that's before the whole N64/PSX/Saturn era.
Megaman also sounds like an obvious pick.

S.P.I.C. TOM

Smash Ace
If sonic was just normal and not super then how would he come back if he was knocked off the playforms just start spinning and try to come back that is stupid and I think he would be dirt low tier if he had that as a way to come back.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
If sonic was just normal and not super then how would he come back if he was knocked off the playforms just start spinning and try to come back that is stupid and I think he would be dirt low tier if he had that as a way to come back.
Just like it's stupid for Captain Flacon to just magically jump a third time or MArth to swing his sword up and he goes up too[/sarcasm]. This is confirmed charcter discussion and see the Sonic thread for loads of possobilities that could be Sonics recovery move.

Who else out there has high hopes for Wario?

bijoukaiba

Smash Journeyman
I reckon by the end of this year, we'll probably have the next 10 announced.
my next 10 guesses are.
Originals: DK, Bowser, Gannondorf, Falcon, Luigi,
Newcomers: Ridley, King Deedee, Black Bull, Diddy
Black Bull? Do you mean Black Shadow? The name of Black Shadow's car is the Black Bull.

But I prefer Red Bull. It gives me wings.:)

Anyway, those are good choices, but I'd swap out a different F-Zero racer for Black Shadow (I'll give you one guess.)

JPW

Smash Ace
i knew there was something wrong with that. Sorry haven't played F-zero in a while. Master can be incredibly tough. Especially when you want to unlock all the cool videos.

Samurai Goroh is probably more obvious then Shadow i guess. Maybe they could throw in both Goroh and Shadow. I just though Samurai was a bit large, but when has that stopped anyone. According to story mode also Black Shadow looked like Falcon's main enemy.

to be honest if I could choose anyone from F-zero for Smash I would want James McCloud. I kick *** with him in F-zero. And he's got a cool song, a cool jet, and a nice hairdo. But one McCloud is enough.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Samus combined with kirby? How addaptable is this guy? Either way, unless someone can demonstrate a clear difference between Megaman and Samus, I don't see a reason for Megaman in Brawl.
Have you played megaman? What about Metroid? They can easily be two different charcters

geraldo_boy15

Smash Rookie
meta knight will own
he has fast sword attacks i believe. And i think he will have multi jumps from his winded version. I think he'll be heavy of all that armor he has. Theirs no way he would lose

ameerali

Smash Cadet
I agree snake shouldn't be in!

Pit looks ace and looks a good player who would think they would like to play with him?
Reply plz

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
meta knight will own
he has fast sword attacks i believe. And i think he will have multi jumps from his winded version. I think he'll be heavy of all that armor he has. Theirs no way he would lose
No way he would lose? This is a fighting game dude. :chuckle: But I agree, he looks very top tier-ish.

Jaso12

Smash Rookie
I'm very much looking forward to Metaknight, Pit, Zero Suit Samus, and Snake. Granted those are most of the new characters, but they all looked pretty good to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom